No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, I'm paid as well. 4 GBP short (and I already made it 201 iso 199 ... apparantly shared costs doesn't mean that in the UK the cost are the same as in Holland). Good thing we can pay that at registration ... a lot of extra work for them though.

Also ... 28 weeks pregnant today ... important milestone as the baby now should have good chances of surviving if he/she is born this early. Of course, I hope that (s)he stays with me for 12 more weeks
    sigpic

Comment

28 weeks? Yay! Nubbin can open and close his or her eyelids!

High five little guy!
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by halfbloodme View Post
        Soooo... bonus. I just found out that although I'll be paying for my AT5 ticket, I'm getting the money back from my big sis as a birthday present cos she missed it last year!
        Ooh bonus!

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        I snapped a picture of Amanda just as she was delivering her punch line and pointing. Whenever I see that pic I think of EH-T and her bitterness You totally need a T-shirt!!
        Very nice pic, PengYn
        Yes, Eh-T most definitely needs a tee ... Amanda found my 'ames' tee amusing (and I got yet another awesome hug - then again, I don't think there's such a thing as a *non* awesome Amanda hug, but I digress - for making her grin...YAY) so I'm sure she'd love your (potential) one even more!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I will have to buy a new one before SE for sure. However, I'm not very good at buying stuff for myself. I still haven't spent all my birthday money from my mother from last year and she gave me a gift certificate from a local mall for Christmas. To date, all I've purchased is a dark chocolate bar from Laura Secord. I'm a frugal Scottish-Canadian!

Ditto on the great pictures antoa!
        But why purchase Laura Secord when you've got that wonderful local shop making delicious Russian Mints right there??? *is confused* On the other hand, if you ever need to find another home for said chocs, I can totally offer up a loving environment for them! *smiles innocently*

Ditto on the ditto to antoa

BTW, I'm official now. Got the confirmation that Gabit has received my payment. As someone else (Cel? llp?) said it was 6GBP short. There must have been a fee at the other end. I'm going to get a reputation. My SE and MTM payments were a wee bit short too (GST issues). Seems I'm always a dollar short but at least I'm not a day late.
        And we still luv you lots! *hugs* Even if you now have a rep of being a tad ... bitter.
        Not to mention a judicious user of the infamous button/badge. LOL

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
        Yay, I'm paid as well. 4 GBP short (and I already made it 201 iso 199 ... apparantly shared costs doesn't mean that in the UK the cost are the same as in Holland). Good thing we can pay that at registration ... a lot of extra work for them though.

Also ... 28 weeks pregnant today ... important milestone as the baby now should have good chances of surviving if he/she is born this early. Of course, I hope that (s)he stays with me for 12 more weeks
        Congrats m'dear! (((huge hugs)))

Not much new with me ... job is going fairly well. I've apparently already impressed my new boss, which is always a good sign I get along with everyone in my area, which is also always a bonus. Oh and there's been as much OT as we want (within reason) so both my hours (heading towards qualifying for some benefits - sweet!) and my resultant paycheques are increasing somewhat more quickly than predicted (a definite bonus for my GABIT/travel fundage indeed!) I very much am looking forward to seeing everyone again, and to sharing my love of bluey goodness with new friends as well
        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
        ames on facebook
        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Got my confirmation too...a few days ago! (yeah I'm back at college now lol) *hugs the G4* Thanks for all your hard work guys.

SJSL, YAY! Glad everything is going well, can't wait to see him/her.

Loving all the pics! Here's 2 of my faves...

AT4 photos...

Spoiler:

Amanda on the phone with RDA.

Amanda's 'punishment' for not leaving the stage on time, she had to sing "The lonely Goat Herd" from "The Sound of Music" but as you can see she had some help.

Ah the memories!!

Please credit me if you want to use these, thanks!

Edit: Sorry they're so big

Julia(samcarterrules)
          sigpic
          Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

YAY!! That's fabulous. Excellent benchmark to reach! *dances*
            Not long to the little one arrives!

*hugs*
            sigpic
            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

BTW, I'm official now. Got the confirmation that Gabit has received my payment. As someone else (Cel? llp?) said it was 6GBP short. There must have been a fee at the other end. I'm going to get a reputation. My SE and MTM payments were a wee bit short too (GST issues). Seems I'm always a dollar short but at least I'm not a day late.
              Nope, not me. I wasn't told there were any extra monies that needed tacking on so I'm assuming I'm good to go. I did get my official notice yesterday, but only after I took a bit of action on my part. Seems my wire transfer was sitting a bit lonely in the Gabit bank since about Monday without the much needed AT reference number so Mumsey had no clue who's it might be. I emailed her yesterday and had it cleared up though. So Yay! I'm going to Jolly Ole' England once again!

Crazy to even think about it but after SE, I probably should start scoping out airfare over the pond too. Time does have a way of quickly slipping by.

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
              *tries to sit patiently*

*obsessively checks email*

*headdesk*

Three days isn't too bad. At least it's not weeks I don't think I'd survive weeks!
              I went four days so I know the feeling. Try emailing Mumsey like I did. Perhaps there was some sort of snafu that's delaying it like what happened to mine. I think all of us pre-reg peeps have 14 days from registration for our wire transfers/checks to make it to the Gabit bank so I'd not wait too long sitting patiently.

Comment

I'll give it till Monday/Tuesday. If I don't hear anything, I shall give them a bell
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

YAY for 28 weeks!!

[QUOTE]
                  Originally posted by ames View Post

But why purchase Laura Secord when you've got that wonderful local shop making delicious Russian Mints right there??? *is confused* On the other hand, if you ever need to find another home for said chocs, I can totally offer up a loving environment for them! *smiles innocently*
                  Ah, but the gift card is for the mall. The local chocolate maker only has one store which is also their factory. Was there just before Easter buying chocolate for the kiddies.

And we still luv you lots! *hugs* Even if you now have a rep of being a tad ... bitter.
                  Not to mention a judicious user of the infamous button/badge. LOL
                  It's no wonder I liked drinking the bitter lemon drink at the Ren.

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                  Got my confirmation too...a few days ago! (yeah I'm back at college now lol) *hugs the G4* Thanks for all your hard work guys.

SJSL, YAY! Glad everything is going well, can't wait to see him/her.

Loving all the pics! Here's 2 of my faves...

AT4 photos...

Spoiler:
                  http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/samcarterrules/AT4%20-%202009/DSCF0135.jpg
                  Amanda on the phone with RDA.
                  http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...9/DSCF0360.jpg
                  Amanda's 'punishment' for not leaving the stage on time, she had to sing "The lonely Goat Herd" from "The Sound of Music" but as you can see she had some help.

Ah the memories!!

Please credit me if you want to use these, thanks!

Edit: Sorry they're so big

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  Nice pics Julia. I sooooo loved the song. I still have to find out where they bought the singing hand puppet.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Nice pics Julia. I sooooo loved the song. I still have to find out where they bought the singing hand puppet.
                    I now have images of you thrusting up this yodelling sheep to indicate your bids at the auction...

ames on facebook

Comment

This one is very similar in description, but I am not sure it is exactly the same puppet http://www.scb.com.au/cgi-bin/clearc...name=&userinfo

(it's also, you know, in Australia)
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                      My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                        This one is very similar in description, but I am not sure it is exactly the same puppet http://www.scb.com.au/cgi-bin/clearc...name=&userinfo

So it yodels with a cute accent?

ames on facebook

Comment

BounceBounceBounceBounceBounceBounce

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                            I now have images of you thrusting up this yodelling sheep to indicate your bids at the auction...
                            Now there's an idea.

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post

Thanks.

Originally posted by PengYn View Post

LOL! Hey, I thought you were sore from exercise?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

To balance things out
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Looks like you have to live in Australia to have it delivered from that site. Hmmm
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X