GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    Yes, that lovely pic. Still waiting for that to appear in a new sig. Did you ever send it to SJSL?
    Yep, it's sitting on my desktop waiting untill I have inspiration to make a sig of it ... lol.

Originally posted by antoa View Post
    My favorite photo I took at AT3:
    Spoiler:
    http://amandaraesmith.com/albums/AT3saturday/IMG_7761.sized.jpg

And a good one from AT4:

Spoiler:
    http://amandaraesmith.com/albums/AT4saturday/IMG_4971.sized.jpg
    Telling the story of the Robin boob grab incident.
    Your photo's are so great! I think I have a matching photo of Robin telling the boob grab incident at Haven, with his arm like that as well (welll, not mine mine, cause I didn't take pictures lol)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      I live near Chicago! We do need to find each other and exchange stories at some point.
      Well, I'll be in Chicago in August for the Creation convention...
      sigpic

Comment

OK, found my old post but I'll put it in spoilers for those who've heard it/seen it before (and for those who may think I am bragging ) so they can skip it:

Spoiler:
        I was bidding on an item, I think it was a Sanctuary press kit (which for some reason included a stuffed bear). After a series of bids I had made a bid and Sue (who does the auctions) said "sold". At about the same moment someone else called out a higher bid. There was some discussion and Sue said that the higher bid had come a split second before she said "sold" so, in fairness to the other bidder, she would accept the bid and continue auctioning the item.

Now, you have to understand that I normally don't tell people what I do for a living let alone yell it out in a room full of people. However, the timing and opportunity were too perfect and I said "Is now a good time to mention I'm a lawyer?" Luckily people realised I was mentioning it in order to be funny and not to be serious (although there was apparently a momentary flicker of panic on Sue's face ) and it got a big laugh.

Sue then proceeded to get that next bid and people looked to me to bid again, including AT. I again couldn't pass up the opportunity to be funny (must be a frustrated comedienne at heart) and said "No, now I'm bitter". That also got a laugh including a great one from AT who kind of doubled over. There was one other time either on that same item or another one where they looked at me to bid and I said "No, I'm still a wee bit bitter". So the bitter thing then became sort of a running joke the rest of the weekend.

The next day someone asked AT if she told jokes and, if so, if she could tell us one. She said "sure" and then thought about it for a moment. Then she said "This is for my generous lawyer friend" and proceeded to tell a joke about lawyers after which she pointed to me.

Friends at the con were then threatening to have a t-shirt made for me (for the next con at SE) that says on the front "AT's generous lawyer friend" and on the back says "....but still a wee bit bitter!".

The end.

Now be a good girl and go to bed.
        Hehe! Thank you for digging up that ol' post! And I remember now she really did doubled over at the "now I'm bitter" comment, she was just by my row LOLing a lot

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Yay! Tell it again Eh-T! And can I have a drink of water? And a hug? And can my teddy bear have a hug?

How about my dog?

Now I need to wee.

(can you tell I hung out with a 5-year-old last weekend? )
        And here I am just thinking you were doing an reenactment of you in the lobby of the Ren at AT4

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
        Alright, will give this one a go too...

[/COLOR]Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? I am coming by myself at the moment but I'm counting on making some new friends (in this thread?) beforehand and at the con and probably I'll meet some people I know from a previous con anyway. I hope.
        No you I don't think you'll have any problems at all in finding new friends around here A curous question: So what's up with the elephant? But most importantly; will you bring it?

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        I snapped a picture of Amanda just as she was delivering her punch line and pointing. Whenever I see that pic I think of EH-T and her bitterness You totally need a T-shirt!!
        Oh, I don't think I've seen that one. Care to share?

Spoiler:
        IMG http://amandaraesmith.com/albums/AT3saturday/IMG_7761.sized.jpg[/IMG]

And a good one from AT4:

Spoiler:
        IMG]http://amandaraesmith.com/albums/AT4saturday/IMG_4971.sized.jpg /IMG]
        Great ones, thanks for sharing! Hilarious!
        And Cel I love the one you posted with the RDA phone call too, she looks so cute!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
          No you I don't think you'll have any problems at all in finding new friends around here A curous question: So what's up with the elephant? But most importantly; will you bring it?
          Of course I will bring the elephant, he's been to every convention I've been to.

I got him as a present from my hubby, who said that it could keep me company while I watched Scifi Friday and he went out drinking. So I named him Richard Dean and when I went to my first Stargate con, I took him along and had him peeking out of my shoulder bag the whole time. During my photo op with Michael Shanks he called me the elephantgirl and continued doing so for the rest of the con. So the name stuck and of course the elephant stayed as well. He's featured in all of my photo ops, and I've gotten some wonderful funny pictures because of it. (e.g. see my 'Ninjaphant sig' and my avatar )

When I was in Vancouver, I told Amanda his name and she promptly kissed him on the trunk, which was quite hilarious. And my friend ~Sarah~ (whom you might know since she attended AT4) likes to joke about 'sleeping with Richard Dean' since we're usually roomies.

Looking forward to making some new friends!
          sigpic

Comment

Of course I will bring the elephant, he's been to every convention I've been to.

I got him as a present from my hubby, who said that it could keep me company while I watched Scifi Friday and he went out drinking. So I named him Richard Dean and when I went to my first Stargate con, I took him along and had him peeking out of my shoulder bag the whole time. During my photo op with Michael Shanks he called me the elephantgirl and continued doing so for the rest of the con. So the name stuck and of course the elephant stayed as well. He's featured in all of my photo ops, and I've gotten some wonderful funny pictures because of it. (e.g. see my 'Ninjaphant sig' and my avatar )

When I was in Vancouver, I told Amanda his name and she promptly kissed him on the trunk, which was quite hilarious. And my friend ~Sarah~ (whom you might know since she attended AT4) likes to joke about 'sleeping with Richard Dean' since we're usually roomies.

Makes complete sense to me....I grew up with a friendly elephant (one I could carry with me) and have always had them around.
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

And a good one from AT4:

Spoiler:

Love the AT3 one and I remember that AT4 moment so very well. Oh how I wish that weekend had been longer...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                Oh, I don't think I've seen that one. Care to share?
                Sure

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Sure

Spoiler:
                  Love it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, I'll be in Chicago in August for the Creation convention...
                    Hmm, I was considering going to the August Creation Con. It might be a bit tricky getting the long weekend off as I'll have just come back from a two-week plus romp in Vancouver and New Zealand. Coming up for the day or perhaps just staying for Saturday/Sunday is perfectly doable though. I'll check out the website and perhaps we can have an early meet-up before AT5.

Awesome. Story.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      Yep, it's sitting on my desktop waiting untill I have inspiration to make a sig of it ... lol.

Now I understand.

Sure

Spoiler:
                      http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad262/PengYns_Rest/Livejournal%20Con%20Reports/AT4/at4point.jpg
                      Love that pic.

BTW, I'm official now. Got the confirmation that Gabit has received my payment. As someone else (Cel? llp?) said it was 6GBP short. There must have been a fee at the other end. I'm going to get a reputation. My SE and MTM payments were a wee bit short too (GST issues). Seems I'm always a dollar short but at least I'm not a day late.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'm anxiously, and constantly, checking my email for confirmation of payment!
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                          I'm anxiously, and constantly, checking my email for confirmation of payment!
                          It took about 3 days after it went out until I received confirmation. And now Mumsey said she's having server problems. So hang in there.
                          sigpic

Comment

I got my payment confirmation email. And I assume PengYn did too (since they were sent together). Thanks PengYn!

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              It took about 3 days after it went out until I received confirmation. And now Mumsey said she's having server problems. So hang in there.
                              *tries to sit patiently*

*obsessively checks email*

*headdesk*

Three days isn't too bad. At least it's not weeks I don't think I'd survive weeks!
                              sigpic
                              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

BTW, I'm official now. Got the confirmation that Gabit has received my payment. As someone else (Cel? llp?) said it was 6GBP short. There must have been a fee at the other end. I'm going to get a reputation. My SE and MTM payments were a wee bit short too (GST issues). Seems I'm always a dollar short but at least I'm not a day late.
                                Got confirmation as well and it looks like I'm 5 GBP short as well. Weird how that goes, I'm grateful that I can pay that at registration and I don't have to try another transfer. Which would probably be another 5 GBP short, LOL. *is happy*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X