GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Great, I'll see you there. I'm driving up.

I moved to Mercer Island in September. I live in the village.

Where abouts are you?
    Queen Anne Hill (top behind Safeway--so I'm in a "village" too

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
      Queen Anne Hill (top behind Safeway--so I'm in a "village" too
      You have to be kidding. I use to shop there a lot. I can't believe it. So close.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
        Alright, will give this one a go too...

Will this be your first con? Not at all, I've been to quite a few of Creation's conventions (Burbank once, Vancouver twice and Chicago this summer will be the 5th time I go there). I've never made it to AT, though, that'll be a first.
        Why did you choose GABIT? I've heard such great things about AT from friends that I couldn't miss it now that I've moved back to Europe from the US.
        Are you coming from a distance or near the con site? Belgium, so not too far away. Used to live in Chicago, which is why I never made it to AT before.Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? I am coming by myself at the moment but I'm counting on making some new friends (in this thread?) beforehand and at the con and probably I'll meet some people I know from a previous con anyway. I hope.
        I don't think you'll have any problem making friends
        sigpic
        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

And I have never regretted asking her to tell a joke.....maybe I'll see if she has another good lawyer joke again for AT5
          Hey, I was just happy the joke actually involved getting to heaven. Most lawyer jokes I hear are the opposite!

I just got notified my money went through to Gabit so I now officially have my AT5 ticket paid for.

However, somewhere in the transfer it lost value and I owe them L 6 (Closest I can come to the pound sign). Must be a fee or something at the other side. I was charged $20 on my side. So total it costs about $30. They told me I could pay that when I pick up my registration.

So all is well in the world (at least for the next minute or so! )
          Woohoo!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Yay! Tell it again Eh-T! And can I have a drink of water? And a hug? And can my teddy bear have a hug?

How about my dog?

Now I need to wee.

(can you tell I hung out with a 5-year-old last weekend? )
          OK just one more time:

Spoiler:
          I was bidding on an item, I think it was a Sanctuary press kit (which for some reason included a stuffed bear). After a series of bids I had made a bid and Sue (who does the auctions) said "sold". At about the same moment someone else called out a higher bid. There was some discussion and Sue said that the higher bid had come a split second before she said "sold" so, in fairness to the other bidder, she would accept the bid and continue auctioning the item.

Now, you have to understand that I normally don't tell people what I do for a living let alone yell it out in a room full of people. However, the timing and opportunity were too perfect and I said "Is now a good time to mention I'm a lawyer?" Luckily people realised I was mentioning it in order to be funny and not to be serious (although there was apparently a momentary flicker of panic on Sue's face ) and it got a big laugh.

Sue then proceeded to get that next bid and people looked to me to bid again, including AT. I again couldn't pass up the opportunity to be funny (must be a frustrated comedienne at heart) and said "No, now I'm bitter". That also got a laugh including a great one from AT who kind of doubled over. There was one other time either on that same item or another one where they looked at me to bid and I said "No, I'm still a wee bit bitter". So the bitter thing then became sort of a running joke the rest of the weekend.

The next day someone asked AT if she told jokes and, if so, if she could tell us one. She said "sure" and then thought about it for a moment. Then she said "This is for my generous lawyer friend" and proceeded to tell a joke about lawyers after which she pointed to me.

Friends at the con were then threatening to have a t-shirt made for me (for the next con at SE) that says on the front "AT's generous lawyer friend" and on the back says "....but still a wee bit bitter!".

Can't get you the water but here's a (((HUG))) and one for the (((dog))) and the (((bear))), now off to the washroom and then straight (there's that word again ) to bed. I'll be by when I retire to tuck you in.

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          You definitely need a t-shirt.
          Well, you are the t-shirt expert!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Soooo... bonus. I just found out that although I'll be paying for my AT5 ticket, I'm getting the money back from my big sis as a birthday present cos she missed it last year!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by halfbloodme View Post
              Soooo... bonus. I just found out that although I'll be paying for my AT5 ticket, I'm getting the money back from my big sis as a birthday present cos she missed it last year!
              Now that is a present to smile over.
              sigpic

Comment

Now that is a present to smile over.
                Yup yup yup. I love good days. Today wasn't so much of one and then that made me smile like no one's business.

Now question for the group as I posted my pic of AT running, anyone got any favourite AT pics from previous AT events they'd love to share with us?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  OK, found my old post but I'll put it in spoilers for those who've heard it/seen it before (and for those who may think I am bragging ) so they can skip it:

Spoiler:
                  I was bidding on an item, I think it was a Sanctuary press kit (which for some reason included a stuffed bear). After a series of bids I had made a bid and Sue (who does the auctions) said "sold". At about the same moment someone else called out a higher bid. There was some discussion and Sue said that the higher bid had come a split second before she said "sold" so, in fairness to the other bidder, she would accept the bid and continue auctioning the item.

Now, you have to understand that I normally don't tell people what I do for a living let alone yell it out in a room full of people. However, the timing and opportunity were too perfect and I said "Is now a good time to mention I'm a lawyer?" Luckily people realised I was mentioning it in order to be funny and not to be serious (although there was apparently a momentary flicker of panic on Sue's face ) and it got a big laugh.

Sue then proceeded to get that next bid and people looked to me to bid again, including AT. I again couldn't pass up the opportunity to be funny (must be a frustrated comedienne at heart) and said "No, now I'm bitter". That also got a laugh including a great one from AT who kind of doubled over. There was one other time either on that same item or another one where they looked at me to bid and I said "No, I'm still a wee bit bitter". So the bitter thing then became sort of a running joke the rest of the weekend.

The next day someone asked AT if she told jokes and, if so, if she could tell us one. She said "sure" and then thought about it for a moment. Then she said "This is for my generous lawyer friend" and proceeded to tell a joke about lawyers after which she pointed to me.

Friends at the con were then threatening to have a t-shirt made for me (for the next con at SE) that says on the front "AT's generous lawyer friend" and on the back says "....but still a wee bit bitter!".

The end.

Now be a good girl and go to bed.
                  EH-T, I will never tire of hearing you relate this story. I'm just glad I was there to witness it first-hand.

Originally posted by elephantgirl View Post
                  Alright, will give this one a go too...

Will this be your first con? Not at all, I've been to quite a few of Creation's conventions (Burbank once, Vancouver twice and Chicago this summer will be the 5th time I go there). I've never made it to AT, though, that'll be a first.
                  Why did you choose GABIT? I've heard such great things about AT from friends that I couldn't miss it now that I've moved back to Europe from the US.
                  Are you coming from a distance or near the con site? Belgium, so not too far away. Used to live in Chicago, which is why I never made it to AT before.Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? I am coming by myself at the moment but I'm counting on making some new friends (in this thread?) beforehand and at the con and probably I'll meet some people I know from a previous con anyway. I hope.
                  I live near Chicago! We do need to find each other and exchange stories at some point.

Yay! Definitely a bit of good news.

Now question for the group as I posted my pic of AT running, anyone got any favourite AT pics from previous AT events they'd love to share with us?
                  Here's one of my favorites from AT3. The infamous call from RDA.

Oh, and please ask first before snurching.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    EH-T, I will never tire of hearing you relate this story. I'm just glad I was there to witness it first-hand.

I live near Chicago! We do need to find each other and exchange stories at some point.

Yay! Definitely a bit of good news.

Here's one of my favorites from AT3. The infamous call from RDA.

Oh, and please ask first before snurching.

Spoiler:
                    Oh I think I just hit the floor. Such a good pic and sooooo well taken. I wish I had been there for AT3. The phone call she had with RDA at AT4 was hilarious. "Where are you?" "In the bathroom."
                    sigpic

Comment

OK, found my old post but I'll put it in spoilers for those who've heard it/seen it before (and for those who may think I am bragging ) so they can skip it:

Spoiler:

The end.

Now be a good girl and go to bed.
                      I snapped a picture of Amanda just as she was delivering her punch line and pointing. Whenever I see that pic I think of EH-T and her bitterness You totally need a T-shirt!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                        I don't think you'll have any problem making friends
                        Definitely not.

Excellent.

Yup yup yup. I love good days. Today wasn't so much of one and then that made me smile like no one's business.

I love to share but a) I had an old "point & shoot" camera that wasn't good for taking photos in the hall; b) said camera was dying; and c) wouldn't know how to post a pic if I had one.

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                        I snapped a picture of Amanda just as she was delivering her punch line and pointing. Whenever I see that pic I think of EH-T and her bitterness You totally need a T-shirt!!
                        Yes, that lovely pic. Still waiting for that to appear in a new sig. Did you ever send it to SJSL?

Comment

My favorite photo I took at AT3:
                          Spoiler:

And a good one from AT4:

Spoiler:

Telling the story of the Robin boob grab incident.
                          Last edited by antoa; 22 April 2010, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I love to share but a) I had an old "point & shoot" camera that wasn't good for taking photos in the hall; b) said camera was dying; and c) wouldn't know how to post a pic if I had one.

You need to put a bid out for a new camera.
                            sigpic

Comment

Antoa - great pictures.
                              sigpic

Comment

You need to put a bid out for a new camera.
                                I will have to buy a new one before SE for sure. However, I'm not very good at buying stuff for myself. I still haven't spent all my birthday money from my mother from last year and she gave me a gift certificate from a local mall for Christmas. To date, all I've purchased is a dark chocolate bar from Laura Secord. I'm a frugal Scottish-Canadian!

Ditto on the great pictures antoa!

Comment

Working...
                                X