X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eh-t View Post
    Ha, at laughed at my bitterness. :d
    Indeed she did. I however would never do sucha thing

Now please auntie EH-T, can you tell us the story again about your bitterness and making AT run and telling the whole hall you're a lawyer? Please please please pretty please with sugar on-top
    I know I was there and LMAO, but I don't remember the whole thing or how it started. And I'm sure many will be delighted to hear it again, or perhaps for the first time.

Originally posted by halfbloodme View Post
    will this be your first con? no
    why did you choose gabit?at4 was amazing and so i want to go again
    are you coming from a distance or near the con site?leeds so not too far i guess
    are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?a group including m_wendy_r
    All-righty, questions!
    will this be your first con? No, AT4 was my first. You never forget your first.
    why did you choose gabit? Heard/read so many great and fantastic things about them and what they do to make everyone feel welcome, I just had to go. And now I'm going again, so they did indeed live up to my expectations.
    are you coming from a distance or near the con site? I'd say fairly close. It's a 1 hour train ride and 2h flight for me.
    are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? Last time I traveled alone, this time hubby is coming along for the ride.

So how many tickets are there actually for AT5? Skydiver, do know it's around 330, or was that just an estimation? I know the number 270 was thrown around at AT4. But I'm not sure.
    I'm just curious, I would be fun to know.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post

Now please auntie EH-T, can you tell us the story again about your bitterness and making AT run and telling the whole hall you're a lawyer? Please please please pretty please with sugar on-top
      I know I was there and LMAO, but I don't remember the whole thing or how it started. And I'm sure many will be delighted to hear it again, or perhaps for the first time.

All-righty, questions!
      will this be your first con? No, AT4 was my first. You never forget your first.
      why did you choose gabit? Heard/read so many great and fantastic things about them and what they do to make everyone feel welcome, I just had to go. And now I'm going again, so they did indeed live up to my expectations.
      are you coming from a distance or near the con site? I'd say fairly close. It's a 1 hour train ride and 2h flight for me.
      are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? Last time I traveled alone, this time hubby is coming along for the ride.

So how many tickets are there actually for AT5? Skydiver, do know it's around 330, or was that just an estimation? I know the number 270 was thrown around at AT4. But I'm not sure.
      AT running... hee I have a blurred photo of that which became an icon used on LJ. I think if I remember rightly I wrote "Fangirls are after me" or something to the equivalent on it. Actually let's see if I can find it to share.... hmm nope can't find the icon but here, have the pic...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...n/DSCF1277.jpg
      sigpic

Comment

Will this be your first con? Nope! AT3 was actually my first full weekend con though which makes it pretty special. Prior to this I've been to two Creation cons, Gatecon and AT4.

Why did you choose Gabit? Originally, it was because of this thread here all you awesomely chatty people and my overwhelming desire to meet Amanda personally. I bought two tickets on a crazy spur of the moment decision about a month or two before AT3 and had such a brilliant time! Gabit puts on quite a fantastic show and as long as they continue, I'll keep coming back.

Are you coming from a distance or near the con site? For AT events in London, it takes about a 7 1/2 to 8 hour flight. For Vancouver (SE), normally it's about 4 hours...both being direct flights of course.

Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? My other two previous times to London, I flew alone but met up with many, many friends. This time, I may have a special someone coming along with me (we're still discussing), but she won't be getting a ticket. Just coming along to hang out with us between panels and heading into London to do some exploring on her own during the con.

AT running... hee I have a blurred photo of that which became an icon used on LJ. I think if I remember rightly I wrote "Fangirls are after me" or something to the equivalent on it. Actually let's see if I can find it to share.... hmm nope can't find the icon but here, have the pic...

The perfect mental image I have of AT that weekend. Glad they're matching up.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

The perfect mental image I have of AT that weekend. Glad they're matching up.
          I have so many fun memories of that weekend. But yeah seeing her run past that close (I had an aisle seat due to mobility issues and the need for my stick) was just amazing. Oh and the fun with the nubbins... need I say more?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
            Jumble, I shall just drag people with me?

Julia, Yessssss. I am. I am. Will be great to finally meet you
            Yay Weeeeendy!! It'll be so nice to see you again. I'm really glad you're coming.

And welcome Halfbloodme!!

Becky already confirmed a long time ago.
            I think she said 280, like AT4 (or was it 270? It was the same as AT4).

Will this be your first con? No, AT3 was my first con, then Creation Vancouver, Haven One and AT4 ... so much for an one time thing
            Why did you choose GABIT?Because of Amanda and all the great things I had heard about AT1 and AT2
            Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?Holland, so pretty close.
            Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?I will probably be flying with my friend Flow, who I met because of AT3. And of course meeting up with loooots of people I know
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
              Yay Weeeeendy!! It'll be so nice to see you again. I'm really glad you're coming.

Will this be your first con? No, AT3 was my first con, then Creation Vancouver, Haven One and AT4 ... so much for an one time thing
              Why did you choose GABIT?Because of Amanda and all the great things I had heard about AT1 and AT2
              Are you coming from a distance or near the con site?Holland, so pretty close.
              Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans?I will probably be flying with my friend Flow, who I met because of AT3. And of course meeting up with loooots of people I know
              Thank you muchly! I really can't wait to be with like minded people again.
              sigpic

Comment

LOL! Yup, that's pretty much what she looked like at the auction! Thanks for sharing and refreshing our memories.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? My other two previous times to London, I flew alone but met up with many, many friends. This time, I may have a special someone coming along with me (we're still discussing), but she won't be getting a ticket. Just coming along to hang out with us between panels and heading into London to do some exploring on her own during the con.
                Really?! That would be great! Would love to meet her So, yes, keep on discussing

Thanks for clearing that up!
                I think the hall was pretty much filled to the brim anyways. And it's nice to know they're keeping with a low number and thus sustaining the intimacy of it all.

Comment

LOL! Yup, that's pretty much what she looked like at the auction! Thanks for sharing and refreshing our memories.
                  You're very welcome. I may have been in row N but some of the pics I got were fab. And as a side note I was in N 01. So yeah for the whole weekend I was 'no one'
                  sigpic

Comment

YAYYYYY!!!

I can't wait to see you again! It's been years!
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

OK, found my old post but I'll put it in spoilers for those who've heard it/seen it before (and for those who may think I am bragging ) so they can skip it:

Spoiler:
                      I was bidding on an item, I think it was a Sanctuary press kit (which for some reason included a stuffed bear). After a series of bids I had made a bid and Sue (who does the auctions) said "sold". At about the same moment someone else called out a higher bid. There was some discussion and Sue said that the higher bid had come a split second before she said "sold" so, in fairness to the other bidder, she would accept the bid and continue auctioning the item.

Now, you have to understand that I normally don't tell people what I do for a living let alone yell it out in a room full of people. However, the timing and opportunity were too perfect and I said "Is now a good time to mention I'm a lawyer?" Luckily people realised I was mentioning it in order to be funny and not to be serious (although there was apparently a momentary flicker of panic on Sue's face ) and it got a big laugh.

Sue then proceeded to get that next bid and people looked to me to bid again, including AT. I again couldn't pass up the opportunity to be funny (must be a frustrated comedienne at heart) and said "No, now I'm bitter". That also got a laugh including a great one from AT who kind of doubled over. There was one other time either on that same item or another one where they looked at me to bid and I said "No, I'm still a wee bit bitter". So the bitter thing then became sort of a running joke the rest of the weekend.

The next day someone asked AT if she told jokes and, if so, if she could tell us one. She said "sure" and then thought about it for a moment. Then she said "This is for my generous lawyer friend" and proceeded to tell a joke about lawyers after which she pointed to me.

Friends at the con were then threatening to have a t-shirt made for me (for the next con at SE) that says on the front "AT's generous lawyer friend" and on the back says "....but still a wee bit bitter!".

The end.

Now be a good girl and go to bed.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        The next day someone asked AT if she told jokes and, if so, if she could tell us one. She said "sure" and then thought about it for a moment. Then she said "This is for my generous lawyer friend" and proceeded to tell a joke about lawyers after which she pointed to me.
                        And I have never regretted asking her to tell a joke.....maybe I'll see if she has another good lawyer joke again for AT5
                        sigpic

Comment

I just got notified my money went through to Gabit so I now officially have my AT5 ticket paid for.

However, somewhere in the transfer it lost value and I owe them L 6 (Closest I can come to the pound sign). Must be a fee or something at the other side. I was charged $20 on my side. So total it costs about $30. They told me I could pay that when I pick up my registration.

So all is well in the world (at least for the next minute or so! )
                          sigpic

Comment

Yay! Tell it again Eh-T! And can I have a drink of water? And a hug? And can my teddy bear have a hug?

How about my dog?

Now I need to wee.

(can you tell I hung out with a 5-year-old last weekend? )
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              OK, found my old post but I'll put it in spoilers for those who've heard it/seen it before (and for those who may think I am bragging ) so they can skip it:

Spoiler:
                              I was bidding on an item, I think it was a Sanctuary press kit (which for some reason included a stuffed bear). After a series of bids I had made a bid and Sue (who does the auctions) said "sold". At about the same moment someone else called out a higher bid. There was some discussion and Sue said that the higher bid had come a split second before she said "sold" so, in fairness to the other bidder, she would accept the bid and continue auctioning the item.

Now, you have to understand that I normally don't tell people what I do for a living let alone yell it out in a room full of people. However, the timing and opportunity were too perfect and I said "Is now a good time to mention I'm a lawyer?" Luckily people realised I was mentioning it in order to be funny and not to be serious (although there was apparently a momentary flicker of panic on Sue's face ) and it got a big laugh.

Sue then proceeded to get that next bid and people looked to me to bid again, including AT. I again couldn't pass up the opportunity to be funny (must be a frustrated comedienne at heart) and said "No, now I'm bitter". That also got a laugh including a great one from AT who kind of doubled over. There was one other time either on that same item or another one where they looked at me to bid and I said "No, I'm still a wee bit bitter". So the bitter thing then became sort of a running joke the rest of the weekend.

Friends at the con were then threatening to have a t-shirt made for me (for the next con at SE) that says on the front "AT's generous lawyer friend" and on the back says "....but still a wee bit bitter!".

The end.

Now be a good girl and go to bed.
                              You definitely need a t-shirt.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

Alright, will give this one a go too...

Will this be your first con? Not at all, I've been to quite a few of Creation's conventions (Burbank once, Vancouver twice and Chicago this summer will be the 5th time I go there). I've never made it to AT, though, that'll be a first.
                                Why did you choose GABIT? I've heard such great things about AT from friends that I couldn't miss it now that I've moved back to Europe from the US.
                                Are you coming from a distance or near the con site? Belgium, so not too far away. Used to live in Chicago, which is why I never made it to AT before.Are you coming with a group of like-minded fans? I am coming by myself at the moment but I'm counting on making some new friends (in this thread?) beforehand and at the con and probably I'll meet some people I know from a previous con anyway. I hope.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X