No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are y'all going to find some cider in Vancouver?

Apple juice.
    Apple juice flood.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
      Several pots got called black by several kettles during the making of this quote.

:blinks:
      *Glares at Da PengYn*
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Contact curling is not to be recommended. Played sports all my life and the only time I broke anything was curling!
        Thought of you this morning watching a countryside programme about Scotland. It doesn't usually snow very often in this part of Scotland so they don't get the opportunity for curling as it should be played. They have what they call "The Lowland Games" (in answer to the Highland Games), and one of the activities is called 'Hurlin the Curlin Stane'. Yep- you've guessed it- they throw the stones shot-put style....

Mumsey (exit left shaking her head)
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Are y'all going to find some cider in Vancouver?

Apple juice.
          Apple juice flood.
          Not sure if Canada even has traditional English cider. I've looked online here and some smaller breweries will import it or I could order directly from one of them in England if I was so inclined. Of course, I was looking for a friend though after having a discussion about American cider vs. English. Piqued her curiosity enough to want to try one I guess. Funny thing, is that I'm not much of a drinker and will only indulge a few when on holiday so if we do get our hands on some cider, it'll be quite the rare treat.

Is all English cider apple-based though or is there different variation of flavors?

Comment

I was in the mood to take some pictures today ... (it has been a while, hormones do that you .. lol). Me and bump spoilered for off topic 24 weeks ... I wonder where it's gonna end ... hehe. Time goes so fast, while you guys will be at TSE, baby should be here already!

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

congrats on the cute little bumpette
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yay for pictures! Your looking lovely m'dear and though it might be cliche to say, rather glowing as well.

So glad your pregnancy is going so well and that your having a wonderful time with it. It really does go by too fast. Before you know it, you'll be in the midst of midnight feedings and endless diapers. Not something I think you'll mind too much though. *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                  Not sure if Canada even has traditional English cider. I've looked online here and some smaller breweries will import it or I could order directly from one of them in England if I was so inclined. Of course, I was looking for a friend though after having a discussion about American cider vs. English. Piqued her curiosity enough to want to try one I guess. Funny thing, is that I'm not much of a drinker and will only indulge a few when on holiday so if we do get our hands on some cider, it'll be quite the rare treat.

Is all English cider apple-based though or is there different variation of flavors?
                  You can get pear based cider too It's called perry cider.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                    I was in the mood to take some pictures today ... (it has been a while, hormones do that you .. lol). Me and bump spoilered for off topic 24 weeks ... I wonder where it's gonna end ... hehe. Time goes so fast, while you guys will be at TSE, baby should be here already!

Spoiler:
                    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/SamJackShipLover/Prive/Bump-1.jpg http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l5...ive/Bump-2.jpg
                    YAY! Heeeeeee! Thank you for sharing. You look lovely!
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                    My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Originally posted by babancat View Post
                      You can get pear based cider too It's called perry cider.
                      Awesome! I do like the different so I must try and find this either online, or at the very least, when I'm next across the pond.

Comment

Awww! Cute little nubbin bump! Yay!

Only 111 days left! Eeep! I must get going on my crafty plans.

Comment

we should have a little virtual baby shower for Lies at the con. By the the nubbin will have sprung and we'll know if it's to be blue or pink....anyone that wants to can bring a little onesie or t-shirt or binky...something tiny and not bulky. Then we can collect them and mail it off to Lies.

I know with my neicelet, there was no such thing as too many onesies. we sometimes had to change her 5-6 times during the day since she'd soil it somehow.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Aww ... you guys are all so sweet!!

*big hormonal hugs*

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            we should have a little virtual baby shower for Lies at the con. By then the nubbin will have sprung and we'll know if it's to be blue or pink....anyone that wants to can bring a little onesie or t-shirt or binky...something tiny and not bulky. Then we can collect them and mail it off to Lies.
                            I approve of this idea

Elaine (Chopingal on GW) and my friend Su from Germany (who was visiting with Elaine) actually send me the cutest onesie already. Sooooo cute

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            I know with my neicelet, there was no such thing as too many onesies. we sometimes had to change her 5-6 times during the day since she'd soil it somehow.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                              So cool to see the pictures. I am really happy for you Lies. So exciting, an new AT fan on his/her way!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                                I figured the weekend was chosen with the halfterm break in mind for Julia ... as well as everyone else who works in the field of education, of course!
                                It's not my School's half term, that comes about ten days later. Basically, I have a very understanding Headmistress who let's me do "my thing" be it Events or Book signing tours, during term time. She knows I have a life outside of the School and allows me to "be me" in the other sides of my busy life as well as her PA. So the date was chosen for a variety of reasons to suit all sorts of things, but not my School half term.

And you mentioned AT6.......good grief woman are you trying to give us all stress induced exhaustion???

I spent a lot of this afternoon corresponding with the Canadian Event hotel for this summer's Events and then switching to the AT5 London one on another matter. If I had a fourth Event to juggle then I think I'd drop a ball!!!!!

Julia
                                G4
                                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X