GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    I may have *cough* called her that. (You didn't have to tell her it was me, though!)
    You know me, I'm incapable of lying ... especially when Kliggy-Wiggy is so scary

Originally posted by KLiggy-Wiggy
    For now......
    Taking in the Gabit pictures today. Keep your fingers crossed for a few decent shots.
    *SQUEE*
    *runs around crossing everything that can be crossed and a few things that really shouldn't be bent like that ...* can't wait to see (((Kliggs)))

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      *singing*

We need a report! We need a report! We really need a report! So please do not delay! We need a report! We need a report! We really need a report! So please make it today!

Spaz; who are you talking to?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
        Spaz; who are you talking to?
        I think she's talking to...<----- Her long lost cousin!
        sigpic

Comment

hehe, Spaz has the right idea....

Comment

*sigh*
            This time last week....

[goes off to eat some chocolate to cheer self up]
            LizWhite.net

Comment

FlippyThis time last week,I was trying to persuade Hubby to take the correct route..*cough*
              ((((((((((Flippy,Rune,and all the other attendees who may be feeling low,after all the Glory of Gabit)))))))))))

Ok a roundup of replies and other things....I'm in a rush,but I'll get back to anything I missed,later today .

Rune : Anglos are "too nice" according to my daughter, who'd had about 10 before son squealed on her !
              The Snickers is surprisingly being eaten slowly,served on digestive biccies, and savoured by Hubby..and should if he's careful ,last him another few days to a week.The kids loved the snackage you sent.I love the socks,the Penguin's been named Droopy by me,and "Shippy" by daughter and thank you for the flowers.

Bev:I know how you felt about the room locating....next time we'll provide you with a tracking beam.The staff were so efficient,they'd be rolling up the string as fast as you were laying it,lol !

Kliggins : Best of luck with getting the photos developed.
              Still working on ours..*sigh*

Spaz and AD : Will be trying to put some kind of report together this w/e.Don't expect too much about Amanda,though.Vidding/audio taping was banned from the Main Hall and the Photo/Autograph lines.
              Still photography was allowed,but looking through some of our photos last night,some are a bit blurry.Hope the others are usable !
              I don't want to put too many details of the Q/A's up ,as I don't want to misquote anything .

I won't be putting any details of the Tea conversation up at all.I and the other winners were asked by Gabit staff to be very discreet,and I'll err on the overcautious side again and omit all mention,out of respect for Amanda's privacy and that of the others present.

Sorry,but I gave my word,and hadn't planned on talking about that anyway.
              ((((((((((Dancer of Spaz,AD)))))))))))

ETA :
              I forgot to add that I feel so very lucky in winning the Raffle from the 1200 + tickets sold.
              So grateful to sit and chat with Amanda..up close and face to face.A fan dream come true.

One non-bone : No mention of SG at all.She wanted to talk to us about us and was very gracious and fun.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 04 November 2005, 07:41 AM.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I just wanted to post a quick note to tell everyone how absolutely thrilling it was to meet each and every one of you. You really made my trip to London a wonderful experience that I will cherish always. My husband and I had a wonderful time exploring London this past week. We even got a chance to check out the Musical Mary Poppins while we were here (thanks to a lovely Gabiteer who suggested it to me). It was amazing to say the least. Sadly our time has come and we'll be heading home tomorrow morning, but I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for being so kind and for helping make my first trip to England such a memorable experience. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet you all once again, perhaps at Gabit II!!

ForeverSG1( Kat )

Comment

*what you see before you is a crushed spaz*

No, seriously, I'll take whatever I can get, and I think AD will, too! Right AD?!

*elbows AD*

Right?!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                    I just wanted to post a quick note to tell everyone how absolutely thrilling it was to meet each and every one of you. You really made my trip to London a wonderful experience that I will cherish always. My husband and I had a wonderful time exploring London this past week. We even got a chance to check out the Musical Mary Poppins while we were here (thanks to a lovely Gabiteer who suggested it to me). It was amazing to say the least. Sadly our time has come and we'll be heading home tomorrow morning, but I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for being so kind and for helping make my first trip to England such a memorable experience. Hopefully I will get a chance to meet you all once again, perhaps at Gabit II!!

ForeverSG1( Kat )
                    (((((((((Kat)))))))))) Hope to meet you again Kat ,it was a real pleasure ! Safe journey home.I'm glad you enjoyed seeing London.I bet the kids will be delighted to see you back,but it's great that you made it for that non-Mom time you talked about earlier this year when we were all that the get to know each other stage ! .
                    *what you see before you is a crushed spaz*

LOL !
                    No, seriously, I'll take whatever I can get, and I think AD will, too! Right AD?!

*elbows AD*

Right?!
                    (((((((((Spaz))))))))) What with the Con Crud,the pics situation being annoying,*Glares at comp*and the w/e homework whip-cracking,I'm glad Hubby seems confident that he can help me put something up that actually describes the feel of the Con..*Sigh*

As for Agent Dark...there were pics of Teryl on sale at the Con.Nice pics that I didn't get to in time,but apparently a photo taken by CJ !
                    Just don't tell him that were no Sam/Janet double pics....don't want to cause the chappie an injury at the mere thought.....
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

ForeverSG1( Kat )
                      Kat, my seatmate with the annoying ladies in front of us. Have a good flight home and I am so glad the rest of the week was a lot of fun.
                      sigpic

Comment

Haha, I'll be happy with anything that anyone manages to put up

http://www.amandatapping-fr.com/fanc...o.php?lid=1387

http://www.cswu.cz/darth_annaud/atweekend/

Couple of links there to some nice quality pics from the con I've found

Comment

ForeverSG1( Kat )

Safe journey home again Kat, glad you and your husband enjoyed the rest of the week here

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Haha, I'll be happy with anything that anyone manages to put up

http://www.amandatapping-fr.com/fanc...o.php?lid=1387

http://www.cswu.cz/darth_annaud/atweekend/

Couple of links there to some nice quality pics from the con I've found
                            Thanks Agent Dark; these were great.
                            sigpic

Comment

Amanda in Motion

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/IMG_0792.jpg

She's a shooting star
                              Racing through the universe
                              Hard to keep her still

Whirling and spinning
                              Rapid acceleration
                              Forward and reverse

Completely alive
                              Energized by all her fans
                              Mischief on her mind

A quick look, a glance
                              The lens cannot match the pace
                              Here, and then she's gone

Blonde hair flying free
                              Freeze frames are impossible
                              Cameras won't work

Eyes instead, just watch
                              Caught in her trajectory
                              Spirit needs to soar
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 05 November 2005, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Essence

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...TandShadow.jpg

She talks, we listen
                                Hanging on each funny word
                                She makes people laugh

Beauty, grace and wit
                                No wonder some are jealous
                                What you see is real

In this jaded world
                                Honesty is refreshing
                                Kindness carries weight

Caring actions speak
                                What she does shows who she is
                                A class act for sure