No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hrm. No credit cards. This means I will probably be out. The only way I would be able to swing paying for a ticket now would be to put it on a card and pay it off. Don't know if I can justify dipping into my savings when I am still unemployed and will probably be needing it for groceries and rent soon.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      Hrm. No credit cards. This means I will probably be out. The only way I would be able to swing paying for a ticket now would be to put it on a card and pay it off. Don't know if I can justify dipping into my savings when I am still unemployed and will probably be needing it for groceries and rent soon.
      Yeah, the 'no credit card' rule is a whole new can of worms. I'm sorry for all those who won't be able to go due to this new policy as I've used my credit/debit card both times in the past to pay for my tickets and know how much more convenient it is. I'm still trying to understand the 'DIRECT BANK TRANSFER IN UK FUNDS' but know when the emails are sent out in April, everything should be explained more clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Yeah, the 'no credit card' rule is a whole new can of worms. I'm sorry for all those who won't be able to go due to this new policy as I've used my credit/debit card both times in the past to pay for my tickets and know how much more convenient it is. I'm still trying to understand the 'DIRECT BANK TRANSFER IN UK FUNDS' but know when the emails are sent out in April, everything should be explained more clearly.
        Being able to use a credit card protects the card holder and is an extra layer of security should something go wrong. Wonder why they got rid of that option.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Woohoo!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
            I do get teased enough at the Events by my staff, the other members of the G4 AND Amanda. So it's good to get my own back...in the nicest possible way of course.

But the upside is I got promises of chocolate on twitter...yum...

So I've announced the date for AT5 and the FAQ is on the website for those who wish to read.

I'm off to bed...I've got a book launch tomorrow and I'm pooped from a long 15 hour day week and working all weekend. Got to get me some ZZzzzzs.

Bye peeps,

Julia
            G4
            Good luck on the book launch, I'm sure it will be a great success.

February, eh? And people here thought it was odd I was going to London in November. Wait until they hear I'm going in February!

Interesting about the credit cards. I do use my card to collect airline points (to fly to places like London ) but the advantage of cash is not paying their international conversion fee.

Now we have a date, where is SamJackShipLover?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Now we have a date, where is SamJackShipLover?
              Blissfully unaware what she's missing atm and getting her much needed zzzz's?

I know I jump from thought to thought at times, but I can't help but think what the weather in February will look like. Similar to November with layers and winter jacket I'm assuming, but more/less rain? And is snow a factor to consider at this time of the year, especially with all the outdoorsy things I've already started plotting?

Can't help but wish AT5 was in the summer. Lot less to pack.

Comment

ETA: And the date has been announced!!!

AT5 – REVERBERATION
                11th – 13th February 2011

http://www.gabitevents.co.uk/at5.html

Sorry for stealing your thunder too. Just crazy excited right now!
                Hmmm... Another here may be out next time ... I'm usually in the Middle East that time of year

It's a while away yet though, when do we have to pay/buy tickets?

*wanders off to look on the Gabit site*

Comment

Blissfully unaware what she's missing atm and getting her much needed zzzz's?

I know I jump from thought to thought at times, but I can't help but think what the weather in February will look like. Similar to November with layers and winter jacket I'm assuming, but more/less rain? And is snow a factor to consider at this time of the year, especially with all the outdoorsy things I've already started plotting?

Can't help but wish AT5 was in the summer. Lot less to pack.
                  Usually fairly cold - frosty nights - occasionally some snow.

Kay G4
                  Last edited by SWMBOTGSG; 23 March 2010, 03:52 PM. Reason: spelling
                  For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

they probably had to get rid of the credit cards cause it costs them money. if you, as a business, accepts cards, then you pay a monthly fee + a transaction fee for every time you accept the card. it adds up.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

w00t! Coolness! I love the cold. As long as I have me Magner's Pear Ale in hand, life is good. I'll probably have to go out and buy some thermals though, don't have much use for them in Texas.

Comment

go and get them now, longies are on clearance right now, and it ain't like they'll go bad

sigpic

Comment

I don't know if they still have them here in the stores anymore. They already have the shorts out.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                            w00t! Coolness! I love the cold. As long as I have me Magner's Pear Ale in hand, life is good. I'll probably have to go out and buy some thermals though, don't have much use for them in Texas.
                            Ah yes, I remember how much you love the cold...and making snow angels
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by mandysg1 View Post
                              ah yes, i remember how much you love the cold...and making snow angels
                              LOL Oh yeah, I remember that.

Comment

i was just in walmart yesterday and they still had the remains of the long underwear on clearance....so might find them in some places

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X