No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WooHoo! I love the name for AT5...hope I can add it to my places to go to!! Now all we need is a date!

The new site looks impressive...although I really haven't had much time to browse.
    WTG GABIT!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
      The name had been set for several days before you all started to try and guess. Wine not required ALthough it was fun to watch you all try and figure it out.

Becks
      Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      The naming of each Event takes a lot of thought into the meaning of what is chosen because it's important.

Reverberation in this case is :-

something which has a continuing and powerful effect.

I'm afraid choosing it after a few glasses of the red stuff wouldn't work, and certainly not choosing a word that no one on the thread had guessed yet. That would be mean! I chose the word BEFORE asking you all to guess.

Julia
      G4
      All kidding aside, I know that considerable time and thought goes into choosing the name because it is important and because you put time and effort into all the details of Gabit events which is why we love them so much. I love the name, very fitting.

As for you being mean, of course you are not mean. Er ... when is that announcement of the date coming again?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

As for you being mean, of course you are not mean. Er ... when is that announcement of the date coming again?
        When everything's ready!!

Julia
        G4
        To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

When everything's ready!!

Julia
          G4
          Someone slip them some cans of Rockstar... that way you can work 24 hours Who needs sleep anyway?
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            Someone slip them some cans of Rockstar... that way you can work 24 hours Who needs sleep anyway?
            I do.... but does that stuff taste better than Red bull?

Beckzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Yes, yes it does
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Which isn't hard. I've eaten/drunk lots of things I shouldn't have and most of them tasted better than Red Bull *pulls face*
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Very true Mmmm... chemicals.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

In this interview, Amanda talks about Instinct. http://www.bryanreesman.com/blog/tag/amanda-tapping-qa/

Amanda: That was the episode where we definitely became bonafide Rock Star addicts. We were casual drinkers of the [energy] drink Rock Star.
                    Robin started it. He’s like a pusher.
                    Robin: It was all part of my plan. Throughout [filming of] the episode all of the actors were like addicts, searching through each other’s trailers and fridges and drawers. “Do you have another can of Rock Star? I need some more Rock Star!”
                    Amanda: You see it in “Instinct”. You can see moments where we’re all a little hopped up on goofballs.
                    Robin: Totally tweaked.

So when Chelle and I saw some in a Melbourne shop, of course we had to try some The is a photo of me asleep in her beanbag with my open rockstar next to me... It obviously doesn't work on jet lag I was drinking a can at work the other day and decided to pour it into a glass... the guava flavour is fluorescent pink. Quite disturbing.
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

i've never had an energy drink. other than a coffee that is
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

We once got handed a load of free energy drink samples when I was working in Colorado. They tasted foul, but they were such bright, almost fluorescent, colours, that instead of drinking them we used them to draw pretty pictures in the snow

I get really wound up on caffeine, I tend to avoid it, or use it very carefully.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

So when Chelle and I saw some in a Melbourne shop, of course we had to try some The is a photo of me asleep in her beanbag with my open rockstar next to me... It obviously doesn't work on jet lag I was drinking a can at work the other day and decided to pour it into a glass... the guava flavour is fluorescent pink. Quite disturbing.
                          Yeah but you only drank a small portion of your can...mine was gone...and OMG...I swear, if I need a boost to keep me going all night...that stuff rocks! I still have a few spare cans handy in the pantry.
                          Speaking of drinks...did you get that bottle of bubbly I sent? I have one bottle left...haven't tried the bubbly version yet!
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            Yeah but you only drank a small portion of your can...mine was gone...and OMG...I swear, if I need a boost to keep me going all night...that stuff rocks! I still have a few spare cans handy in the pantry.
                            Speaking of drinks...did you get that bottle of bubbly I sent? I have one bottle left...haven't tried the bubbly version yet!
                            Yes I did! Thank you! I thought I had thanked you on twitter... I hope I did! Heee... I'm still saving it was the non bubbly any good?
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Yes I did! Thank you! I thought I had thanked you on twitter... I hope I did! Heee... I'm still saving it was the non bubbly any good?
                              Yeah...it was/is good...not as good as some other reds though...must introduce Amanda to some much finer Australian reds!
                              I wasn't sure if it had arrived...I must have missed your tweet...mind you I know I miss a lot of peoples tweets. Anyhoo, glad it made it there ok.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

The naming of each Event takes a lot of thought into the meaning of what is chosen because it's important.

Reverberation in this case is :-

something which has a continuing and powerful effect.

I'm afraid choosing it after a few glasses of the red stuff wouldn't work, and certainly not choosing a word that no one on the thread had guessed yet. That would be mean! I chose the word BEFORE asking you all to guess.

Julia
                                G4
                                I like it. Reminds me of music and the effect of the sound bouncing off and returning to your ears. I'd like to think of AT5 as the sound of all the happy, encouraging, uplifting words people have spoken throughout the other events being like an echo and a good reminder of how people can come together and to share and be apart of each other's lives.

Oh and Red Bull? Pffft... Try a Monster or even a Monster Java. Those will keep you going no matter the hour. Trust me. I sometimes have an insomnia problem, but strangely enough, when I started my grave shift at work I would get extremely tired and couldn't understand why. Reverse psychology? Who knows. Anyways, I started drinking these before my shift and never had a problem keeping awake.

Anymore though, I hardly need an energy drink as I'm quite adjusted to working graves to the point where it's almost impossible for me to sleep at night on my days off.

Comment

Working...
                                X