X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by writer997
    Hello Nate!
    Can you tell us if you were restricted to the use of your camera or video tapping on the set?
    If you were allowed to take pictures......how many did you take?
    What souvenirs were you allowed to bring home with you?
    I know you had a great time and thanks for sharing your personal info with us.
    Other than the difficulty of receiving your autographed photos, were you happy with the whole experience?
    What character would you have chosen to play in either show? Thanks for taking the time to talk to all of us and share your experiences.
    I was not allowed to video tape anything, not that it was a problem because I didn't have a camcorder with me anyway.

How many pictures? Wow, ummm...must have gotten about 100 or somewhere around there. We stopped taking pictures when I was doing Atlantis because they had a professional following us around and he told me I could get copies of the ones he was taking. Still waiting on those...

I got 8 hats, two posters, two t-shirts, a calendar, two buttons, an SG-1 pen/radio set, an Atlantis pen, two scripts (one being Dan's), and the back to my cast chair from Atlantis with my name on it. I think that was everything...

No problem!

I was happy with being around the cast and crew, being on the set, and being a part of the Stargate universe.

I would have liked to play the same guy on both shows, and been blown up on both shows. I think it would have been pretty funny to make people go, "Hey, wasn't that the guy that just got blown up on SG-1?" "What's he doing in Atlantis?" "Oh, he got blown up again." lol

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoPenguin
      Okay, no one else has asked this question, so I'm going to:

You mentioned something about being asked to babysit Joe's kids, and I want to know what led up to that? Were the kids on-set or something? I keep trying to picture this conversation and I have a feeling I'm probably missing something.

Thanks in advance!
      I'm not quite sure how the conversation started, but I told him that I was certified in child care. He asked if everyone from Wisconsin had to be certified. I told him no. I just did it to reassure the parents of the kids that I used to babysit that if something happened, I would be able to take care of it. I was trained in giving CPR and the Heimlich (sp) manuver to children, was taught proper techniques to deal with good and bad behavior, how to insure proper nutrition, things like that.

No the kids were not on set that I know of. If I remeber right, he said his wife was home watching them.

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
        an SG-1 pen/radio set,
        Did the radio work on Atlantis? I know it's a few hundred.....thousand.....million?.....lightyears away.....or did they have their own radio station?
        gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehorse
          Did the radio work on Atlantis? I know it's a few hundred.....thousand.....million?.....lightyears away.....or did they have their own radio station?

LOL!

They had their own station, unfortunately it was all "McKay Remakes All Shatner's Remakes" lol

Comment

What was David Hewlett like? Is he the same smart ass (just kidding, ) off screen that he is on?
            Born of the sea, blink
            The sea is dead
            Falls out of me these sockets in my head
            Everyone's a captain baby, ship of fools
            Drowning while they're telling you it's been all right

Comment

wow Nathan... thanks for answering all those cool questions.
              My question is... by any chance did the cast or crew extend an open invitation to come back anytime . Cause in the Lowdown AT mentioned something about you fitting in the series, or something to that effect.

Comment

Oh Nathan , another question.
                How many entries did you actually send in?

Comment

Originally posted by Zarko the Mad
                  What was David Hewlett like? Is he the same smart ass (just kidding, ) off screen that he is on?
                  Pretty much! lol

He is very intelligent and personable. He loves to joke around. He's just a really nice guy.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                    wow Nathan... thanks for answering all those cool questions.
                    My question is... by any chance did the cast or crew extend an open invitation to come back anytime . Cause in the Lowdown AT mentioned something about you fitting in the series, or something to that effect.
                    Actually there were a couple of people that said they would like to see more of what I could do on the show. I would love an opportunity to play some different roles, and rekindle my acting career. I asked a couple of them if they wanted to keep me (Hewlett said, "What, like a pet or something?"), but no go on that. A couple also said that I should be a guest at the big Cons, but no invites on that yet.

Comment

Oh Nathan , another question.
                      How many entries did you actually send in?
                      I only sent one in each for Greg, Johnny, and myself.

Comment

Nathan maybe you should put your name into the company in Vancouver where all the extras from SG1 come from. That way they have you on the list.
                        Now my question
                        The work permit that they got you is that good for life in Vancouver? Can that same permit work in the US as well, if you wanted to act ?

Comment

Nathan maybe you should put your name into the company in Vancouver where all the extras from SG1 come from. That way they have you on the list.
                          Now my question
                          The work permit that they got you is that good for life in Vancouver? Can that same permit work in the US as well, if you wanted to act ?
                          Nope. They were only good for the episodes I was in. I needed one for each show. I think I'd have to get new ones if I went to do it again. I'm pretty sure they were just good in Canada too. Don't think they'd work in the U.S. I never even actually saw them though, so I have no idea.

Comment

Does David Hewlet talk as fast as McKay? I was going to find out for myself at a con later this year in Australia, but I don't think I'll be able to go.
                            I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

Originally posted by MedusA
                              Does David Hewlet talk as fast as McKay? I was going to find out for myself at a con later this year in Australia, but I don't think I'll be able to go.

He does talk pretty fast at times, but not like when he was reading the thing Amanda wrote on the sneak peak thing. I could understand everything he was saying, so it wasn't too fast. lol

I like your sig, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
                                I am actually quite curious to know if they flew you coach or business class to your date with fame.
                                Go for coach. The tax implications of choosing business would be murder as they charge you full fare. Ouch! (You had to read the news about the guy who won all these trips on American Airlines as the taxes on the 'win' were horrendous)

Comment

Working...
                                X