This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVI to MPEG?

Someone know of a good, fast, free, easy to use program to convert AVI to MPEG?

I was trying this one program but it didn't work right.

I'm trying to convert a couple SG-1 episodes from AVI to MPEG because I got an idea for a Replicator Carter vid and I wanna use Pinnacle Studio 9 to make the vid. Pinnacle doesn't let you use AVI files.

Please, help me! Soon! Quick! Please?

Or does someone know where I could get the episodes Gemini, Reckoning Part 1 and Reckoning Part 2 in MPEG format?

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Ah yeah I've tried many but they don't seem to work....
    Then I figured my computer had a DVDcreator which converted video to MPEG.
    I have the CD for the program and could probably give it to you, but you will need a high speed connection...

Let me know...

Servatis a periculum. Servatis a maleficum.

Comment

Thanks for the offer.

I found this SID Video Cutter and Splitter.

I started cutting out little clips that I'd need and then converted them one by one to MPEG format with this program, and now I'm just taking the whole episode, cutting off the credits and the unrelated beginning and trying to save it...

But at a certain point in the episode I get a Overflow error, so I'm half using Super Video Splitter which does about the same thing.

I'm getting there

Comment

www.dvdhelp.com
        www.tmpgenc.com

Comment

I tried that TMPGEnc program but the file was getting to be HUGE.

*crosses fingers*

This program better work for me...

Comment

i've always had issues with avi's too. the audio ends up all whacky if i use movie maker 2 (which comes with windows)

Nero might work. I've turned some avi's into mpeg's to make vcd's to watch
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i've always had issues with avi's too. the audio ends up all whacky if i use movie maker 2 (which comes with windows)

Nero might work. I've turned some avi's into mpeg's to make vcd's to watch
              ... Damnit!

I forgot about Nero! I got a bunch of Nero software.

*hits head on keyboard*

Screw it, I'm just gonna to let this thing finish and get all the scenes I want...

I hate AVI files... Basically because they won't import in Pinnacle Studio 9.

They don't really like to work when I have them in Windows Movie Maker 2 either... But alas, I have given up on WMM2.

I'm just sticking with Pinnacle Studio 9. I'll have to re-record SG-1 and Atlantis episodes in MPEG format though...

Comment

All this high tech talk. Man, i wish i knew what you were saying .. looking forward to that vid, Marty!
                TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                  All this high tech talk. Man, i wish i knew what you were saying .. looking forward to that vid, Marty!
                  Me too... Me too...

As soon as I get the clips, I'm gonna restart the computer, then import them into Pinnacle Studio 9, and get to work.

If I really get into it, I could be up until 2 am making it (if I'm not done by then )

Probably expect it by around... Tomorrow or... Tuesday or something

Comment

You don't use Windows movie maker? Is that even the same thing or ... what?
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

You don't use Windows movie maker? Is that even the same thing or ... what?
                      Huh?

I don't use Windows Movie Maker anymore. I just use Pinnacle Studio 9.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        Huh?

I don't use Windows Movie Maker anymore. I just use Pinnacle Studio 9.
                        Ah. Too low tech for ya? Yeah, i'm pathetic ... well i'm getting there. What's the ETA on that vid?
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Ah. Too low tech for ya? Yeah, i'm pathetic ... well i'm getting there. What's the ETA on that vid?

I got this one last clip to convert to MPEG (that is if I can't get the end clip from New Order Part 2 to convert).

Then I gotta clip them all in Pinnacle, then I actually get to the make the vid.

Hold onto your horses there, O-Ra

Comment

Holdin'.
                            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

movie maker comes with every windows puter and it's not too bad. a horrible resource hog though. don't even try using it for much unless you got at least 512 of ram, and even then it's touchy

it does have a couple of good things, you can use MM2 to make/take stills off a wmv or avi and if you need to distribute stuff on wmv (we have training tapes for the guys.they don't have dvd players out in the outer districts, but a wmv is universally compatible so i make that for them) it's a good program in that way. You can make almost any size wmv from almost any original format except for .mov
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X