This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK books question

Does anyone know if amazon.com.uk would ship the new Stargate SG-1 novels to the US? I've heard that the books are only available in the UK, Australia, and South Africa, but I've seen a review or two from somewhere in the US.

amazon will ship to the us. check the price though, shipping is often more than the cost of the book, but they will ship

if you want a rough, very rough conversion, one us dollar is about half a british pound. so if the book is 8 pounds, the us will pay about 16 dollars for teh book.

that is a rough conversion, the exchange rate literally changes from day to day

i'm not sure if other uk companies sell to the us, i just know that fandy can't. they have to sell only to europe...but they have no control over what amazon does

maybe there are some other folks here who know of other companies who ship the books to the us
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Does that super saver delivery offer apply on products being shipped from country to country? If so, its well worth the wait to get free delivery.
      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

I checked amazon.com.uk. and if you live in Britain it should apply there.

So regardless if they are sold in a select group of countries officially, if amazon has access to the books you can order them from just about anywhere?

Comment

I recommend currency converter website www.xe.com
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

So let me see if I understand: If I got through amazon I can get the UK books if they have any.

Comment

If you go to the Stargate Novels home page, there's a link to Where to Buy Amazon.com UK is listed there, as well as some others, including one called Andromeda books. Both of these claim international shipping. I live in the states and bought the 1st three books from Amazon. Since Amazon is a Gateworld sponsor, if you order from them, I think you're helping out the forum, but I'm not sure if this applies to Amazon UK as well. I have to admit that it took a very long time for my order to be delivered, but others on GW have convinced me that isn't normal, so I'm going to order from Amazon again.

NC

Comment

The names of the UK books are Trial By Fire, Sacrifice Moon, and A Matter Of Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-4MarineLeader
                  Does anyone know if amazon.com.uk would ship the new Stargate SG-1 novels to the US? I've heard that the books are only available in the UK, Australia, and South Africa, but I've seen a review or two from somewhere in the US.
                  You may want to try finding them on eBay 1st - I bought one of my off eBay and the shipping was less and the book was new - the other 2 I bought from amazon.uk.

I think there is a 4th book due out either later in March or April.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                  X