The Fist bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    But I don't wanna act my age. That's no fun. It involves being responsible and reasonable and stuff.

Ick!
    Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
    -thinks- PG, what would you consider 'grown'? Because if 21 is grown, you'll NEVER have to grow up.
    EXACTLY! You girls know what I'm talkin' about!

For some reason, the idea that grown men (and women) are supposed to act all proper and dignified all the time has been drilled into the minds of the people of society, when in reality that's not even close to the truth. Just because they have more responsiblities doesn't mean they can't have a little harmless "immature" fun. There's also nothing wrong with being immature or childish if the situation is right.

Show me a grown man acting like the "grown-ups" that society envisions, and I'll show you someone whom I pity.

I wonder if those who are clammering for Shep and Beckett to act more "grown up" are themselves grown up, age-wise. I'm thinking no (not that there's anything wrong with that); frankly, if I had to endure people telling me to act more grown up when I'm 40, I'd give them the finger.

I'm hoping to go unchanged in personalities for decades to come.

Comment

I oogle men. I comment on men. I still do it with class, respect and without resorting to fray boy-esque behavior. It's not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        My dad's over that age and his friends (in their fifties) are twice as bad. Just an observation.
        I have a friend whose dad lives on the bank of a river that people float down. The locals call him "Big Poppa the Top Droppa'" because he throws beads to drunk women for a bit of flash. He's incorrigible. I love it.

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        I oogle men. I comment on men. I still do it with class, respect and without resorting to fray boy-esque behavior. It's not that hard.
        Yeah, me too, except sometimes I drool.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          I'm hoping to go unchanged in personalities for decades to come.
          Me too! I have enough troubles now without having to act grown up all the time. I'm as crazy as immature now at 44 as I was at 18 and I don't intend on changing (or cancelling my Playgirl subscription!) anytime soon.

Maybe Sheppard and Beckett did act a bit immature but so what? Big fricking whoop de do! Just because they're in their 40s doesn't automatically mean they have to sign up with AARP or ask for a Senior Citizens discount. I haven't met a "grown up" man yet that wasn't really more than just a hormonal teenager with more expensive toys.

And I am no better than they are. I may be 44 but I'm not dead and If I see a hot looking man like Sheppard, I might just be doing a little fist bumping of my own with my best buds.

Right Pegasus Girls?
          Member of The Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          Sigs by Csom, Luci and Pip2

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieb View Post

Right Pegasus Girls?
            I am totally with you on that.

But I hate to be a downer and point out that the only reason Sheppard's ogling and subsequent fist bump was wrong was because he is the CO. In any other workplace that would be considered sexual harassment.

But out in the real world, at a bar, ballgame, on the street, he would be remiss if he didn't ogle. Just a bit. Or a lot :: shrug :: Who am I to judge?
            sigpic

Comment

How about they grew up out of the frat boy 20-something age? They're 40.
              I think they have. A frat boy typically doesn't care if he does this in front of a woman. A 40 year old man typically does.

Appreciation of the opposite sex does not end once you hit 40.... alittle fist bump is a man-to-man thing and doesn't mean anything significant. If the behavior would have continued or affected the mission, then that would have been different; the behavior didn't continue, let the guys have their private fun.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Wow, feel the elitism.

By the way, oogling is fratboy behavior.

Comment

Sorry, but I have to ask: how does one ogle a man classily or respectfully?

Inquiring minds and all that

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Wow, feel the elitism.

By the way, oogling is fratboy behavior.
                    Or not. I can appreciate a man's attractiveness without being overt.

Comment

Says you. I'm sure you think you're not overt, but what do you say to people looking at you from the outside thinking you are? That they're wrong?

Just a hypothetical there.

IMHO, wooping or whistling at the girls, that's overt; a discreet fist bump just between buds at the prospect of being around some rather attractive ladies, that's not.

Comment

But Reiko can keep Carson. He just doesn't do it for me.
                        I'd be glad to do so.

Comment

Or not. I can appreciate a man's attractiveness without being overt.
                          But then how will he know that you find him attractive and like him and want to hug him and squeeze him and love him for all the days ever after?

Subtlety is overrated.

Or maybe it's not and I need to rethink my strategy. It would explain a lot.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                            I'd be glad to do so.
                            Have at him, lady!

So long as I get to keep Rodney all to myself. Dr. Dex doesn't want him apparently (between you and me, I think she's crazy), so that's one less competition for me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Pandora, I am NOT crazy! I'm just going to be involved in a very passionate affair with Lorne.
                              sigpic

Comment

But I don't wanna act my age. That's no fun. It involves being responsible and reasonable and stuff.

Ick!

Can't I just ogle the hot, sexy men on my sci-fi shows, hold those hot, sexy men to impossible standards of never showing appreciation for their damned good luck of being stuck in an abandoned village overnight with four beautiful women, and then unreasonably save them all for myself?

Can't I?

But Reiko can keep Carson. He just doesn't do it for me.
                                And I don't want to stop ogling hot sexy women either.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X