Boring Episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
    I liked Dusty. She was by far the most interesting out of the 3 new remaining characters. Their Leader was very Boring and the Doc was not very exciting and rather "girly" and stupid "I'll just stand here alone while you guys go into the lab, even though we are not 100% sure we got them all".

Like I said this Episode reminded me of "Vengeance", but the only difference being that Vengeance was much better.
    i just didnt like Dusty attitude wish she got killed by the monsters

Comment

It wasn't boring, but it wasn't exciting either. enough said. As MechaThor said, this was like Vengeance, but without Michael, but a whole lots of creatures instead
      I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

some of those early hybrids kind of looked liked Lord Voldemort from the Harry Potter movies, lol
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
          GIRL POWER!
          (now where have I heard that before? )
          Lol every post i read complaining about an all girl team makes me wanna say something like "In a few more years youll begin to notice girls" Xd

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare_warrior View Post
            indeed it was a boring episode no point to it and it had team make up of girls
            Are you sexist against women? Every single damn post I've seen out of you is complaining because the team was made up of women, therefore the episode sucked because of that.. Lorne's team is made up of all men? So the **** what?

I'm a dude, but I know that women make very competant, level headed, and GOOD soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Ford View Post
              Are you sexist against women? Every single damn post I've seen out of you is complaining because the team was made up of women, therefore the episode sucked because of that.. Lorne's team is made up of all men? So the **** what?

I'm a dude, but I know that women make very competant, level headed, and GOOD soldiers.
              Sure. But a) the all female were NOT made up of good soldiers, and b) all female teams are practically non-existent in reality.

It's not about sexism. The female team was awful. Honestly, the amount of time "prejudice card" is played because somneone doesn't like something is unbelievable and unfair. I hated Toshiko's lesbian affair in Torchwood. Am I prejudice? Some would say yes, yet I'm quite happy to ship Ianto and Jack... huh...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It was a boring episode... to me anyway. I know some people liked it.
                I probably won't watch it again.

I didn't like the 'high-five' thing Beckett and Sheppard gave each other after meeting up with the female team.
                I already said in another thread, did they really think they could get lucky? On a mission? What was it all about... it was a whacky moment.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Put me down as having liked this episode. Sure, it was a "one-off" with no major ongoing plot ramifications, but I found it interesting and fun. (It fits the theme... back in the last few seasons of SG-1, my son & I would say 'we loved this episode,' and I'd come to the Forum to find out most posters hated it. And everytime my son & I hated an episode, most people here would love it. Go figure.)

Anyway, the fact that it was a 4-woman team was pretty much a non-issue, except for Shep's and Beckett's reactions. The fist-bump they did was funny. And no, I'm quite sure they didn't do it on the hope of 'getting lucky,' but just that their comrades would be interesting and pleasant to work with. Throughout the episode, Sheppard treated the other team the same way he'd treat any SG team, no differently than he would have treated Lorne's team. All in all, I found the fact that the team was all-female was an interesting element which ended up being not relevant to the action of the episode.

The only thing I didn't like was Porter's inconsistent behavior. I assume she's a science doctor as opposed to a medical doctor, but as far as I could tell, she IS military and not a civilian, like McKay. Anyway, when the Sergeant (or whoever) told her & Beckett to stay inside & lock the door, she was more than willing to cower inside, even discouraging Beckett from going outside. Then, after Beckett does leave, she stupidly runs off on her own (classic horror-movie mistake, which I guess was the point and why it was purposely included; the only element missing from the cliche is that she didn't fall & hurt her ankle). Sheppard later finds her cowering in the dark, and he & the other soldier lead her back. Then-- suddenly Porter becomes Gun-Toting Gussie and for the rest of the episode she's back in soldier-mode. So first she's a soldier, then she's a damsel-in-distress, and then a soldier again. That was my main complaint about the episode.

I also could've done with a litte less-obvious gushing between Porter & Beckett, but I guess that was a plot element they definitely wanted to pursue. To what end, I'm not sure, except maybe that in almost all horror movies, there is at least one 'couple' or hook-up. And since Porter & Beckett couldn't really 'hook up,' the writers had to do the best they could to simulate that element.

By the way, did anyone else think, toward the end, when they got back to the cave, that Porter would end up as "one of them"? I know that's more of a zombie-movie plot, but the fact that she wanted to stay behind had to mean something. But again, the writers could've just been playing with us, just as they played with us when they led us to believe Porter & the Sarge were going to be dead at the very end.

Anyway, I thought this was a good departure from the "usual" types of stories the writers give us. Knowing what type of episode it was going to be, I even turned off all the lights so I could enjoy it properly. And it's nice to see more female military members. Other than Carter, there really haven't been ANY prominent female members of the military... neither Teyla nor Weir are military, and I'm not counting Dr. Keller because she's a medical doctor and not a 'soldier.' (Yes, I know if you're a military doctor, you're still considered 'military,' but she's not a "boots on the ground" soldier. And I'm really not including Dr. Lam from SG-1 because I thought her character was laughable.)

Anyway, thanks, writers, for a fun, interesting story.

Comment

OMG Loved this episode, simply because it was a monsetr of the week sort of episode.

It was an Evil Dead/I Am Legend/Night Of The Living Dead sort of episode, it was just greast, this eppy was scarier than most horror films made today.

Loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                      Lol every post i read complaining about an all girl team makes me wanna say something like "In a few more years youll begin to notice girls" Xd
                      LOL

I really liked how the team was all made of girls and I liked all of them, I was however very sad and surprised that Vega got killed.

Comment

I found this episode very borring. It didn't supply anything new to the storyarc AND the plot was'nt good at all. Why do we need to know a female-only team has come to pegasus? Honestly I don't see them contribute to the stroy. No put Rodney, Teyla and Ronon back in put some more twist to the episode. Then it would be acceptable instead of just borring. I've to admit I might rewatch while I had a giant hangover today and I could have missed something. But I found borring after the first 15 minutes.

Comment

Christ some people are just weirdos.

Comment

I don't get why people think that every episode has to "further the story arc."

Why?? The writers know where they're going with the story, and they'll take us there. The title of the show is "Atlantis," not "How the Atlantis Expedition Beat the Wraith." The SG expedition is a team of explorers, and they 'woke' the Wraith by accident, so that's a problem that they deal with from time to time. Okay, so it takes way more time then they'd like, but it's NOT why they're in Atlantis. They don't encounter the Wraith on every planet or every mission. Other stuff happens, and these episodes illustrate that fact.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Hey, I just noticed all these icons, so I have to use one!

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                              Christ some people are just weirdos.
                              Why?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think the episode itself wasn't bad, but I think it was a waste of an episode considering how they didn't do anything character centric, or arc related

Comment

Working...
                                X