X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dwparsnip View Post
    My theory is more was planned for Vega but it all went to hell when
    Spoiler:
    they decided to put the axe to the series.

Just my opinion.

At any rate, like Dr. Lee and others have said, the possibility of seeing Christine Cox again is very nice.
    Whispers was filmed quite a while before they found out. I'm really surprised they killed Vega, a bit disappointed too. Joe was making out Leela was the best thing since sliced bread so I expected her to stick around, plus he all but said Teldy would die, but I suppose that's what he wanted us to think... Shame they didn't kill Porter, her character was total bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Whispers was filmed quite a while before they found out. I'm really surprised they killed Vega, a bit disappointed too. Joe was making out Leela was the best thing since sliced bread so I expected her to stick around, plus he all but said Teldy would die, but I suppose that's what he wanted us to think... Shame they didn't kill Porter, her character was total bleh.
      I don't know. I suspect TPTB have known for a while. But you could be right.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        I can't for the life of me imagine why they'd want to kill Vega off (in such a lame way BTW) after such a big deal about her being brought onto the show. If it was just so TPTB could throw us fans off, well they've succeeded, and we're not happy about it. Not. One. Bit.
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I didn't expect it because of the hype that was put on to her, there probarly brought her in and then didn't know what to do with her character so there killed her off i was expecting either dusty or porter to be killed off. I glad christina cox was in it she was good in it i wouldn't be surpised if she's become a recurring character like lorne...his to hoping

Also what does TPTB mean i' seeing loads of people putting it on the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Kurn View Post
            I didn't expect it because of the hype that was put on to her, there probarly brought her in and then didn't know what to do with her character so there killed her off i was expecting either dusty or porter to be killed off. I glad christina cox was in it she was good in it i wouldn't be surpised if she's become a recurring character like lorne...his to hoping

Also what does TPTB mean i' seeing loads of people putting it on the forum
            I was expecting Dusty to go after it finally clicked that Vega was indeed gone. But I'm happy she survived!
            TPTB means The Powers That Be. You know, the big wigs that control everything.

sigpic
            Sig by me!
            My FanFic's

Comment

The purpose of killing Vega off was to be unpredictable--which it was, though not really in a good way.

Though Vega didn't get much development before this so she was still technically a redshirt. If you want to consider her a major character then this follows the usual pattern of killing off a major character every season:
              Spoiler:
              Season 1: Grodin.
              Season 2: Ford
              Season 3: Becket
              Season 4: Heightmeyer, Weir(?)
              Season 5: Vega, Weir(?)

Comment

yeah seriously. i saw many stories on gateworld about vega and all that crap, like she would become a constant recurring character throughout the season.

WOW! lets see, two episodic appearances, and less than 5 minutes total screentime before being killed in the most cliche fashion. What a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                  The purpose of killing Vega off was to be unpredictable--which it was, though not really in a good way.

Though Vega didn't get much development before this so she was still technically a redshirt. If you want to consider her a major character then this follows the usual pattern of killing off a major character every season:
                  Spoiler:
                  Season 1: Grodin.
                  Season 2: Ford
                  Season 3: Becket
                  Season 4: Heightmeyer, Weir(?)
                  Season 5: Vega, Weir(?)

Nobody liked Ford. For a 26 year old Marine Lieutenant, he acted like a 16 year old kid instead. Such a bad actor.

Comment

I was pissed that they killed her. I liked her! I know she was not there for very long, but when she shot down that dart in the season opener I was like "yeeah girl power dude!" and I was hoping that they would explore her character and I thought it would be cool to have more than one badass chick on the show (Teyla being numero uno in the badass chick department) I know Dusty was supposedly "badass" but she more annoyed me than anything with her attitude (it's like she was trying a bit to hard to be a female Ronon). Idk there was something about her that annoyed me and I thought for sure she was going to be killed off because of what she said and we had never seen her before and she was not the team leader. When they killed off Vega I was like "Whaaaaat?" Especially because they made such a big deal about her being on the show and then she only gets 2 episodes and like no lines? They could have done sooo much better and more with her character. They killed her off like a marine #3 on the team SG-nobody-cares.

Ronon Dex Devil
                    Sig made by my good friend, Sarah.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                      As well, this is just another re-enforcement of tptb's famous maxim: "If at first you don't succeed, axe, axe again"
                      Does not apply to Dr Keller

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        Does not apply to Dr Keller
                        Sadly...

sigpic
                        Sig by me!
                        My FanFic's

Comment

Joe M. who wrote this wonderful Episode...said in his recap of this episode at his blog Here that originally

In the original draft, Teldy was the one who bought it here but, after some discussion with Paul and Martin, we decided that the audience would be expecting it. What they certainly wouldn’t be expecting would be for Vega to buy it.
                          So...It was done to give the episode a twist that not many would be expecting...due to all the hype made about the character

Comment

Originally posted by Tupopoflungo View Post
                            Joe M. who wrote this wonderful Episode...said in his recap of this episode at his blog Here that originally

So...It was done to give the episode a twist that not many would be expecting...due to all the hype made about the character

... Groovy. Just for the friggin plot twist. Those creature thingys were enough for me. I was kind of hoping, for once, that EVERYONE got out alive.

sigpic
                            Sig by me!
                            My FanFic's

Comment

I think this is what happens when there is too much information dispensed from behind the scenes creating unrealized expectations when story lines actually play out. Vega turned out to be a nobody and now a dead nobody at that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                                I think this is what happens when there is too much information dispensed from behind the scenes creating unrealized expectations when story lines actually play out. Vega turned out to be a nobody and now a dead nobody at that.
                                But we liked her! Well, I did. She had wonderful potential. Oh well, that's what FF.net is for. I can pretend she never died.

sigpic
                                Sig by me!
                                My FanFic's

Comment

Working...
                                X