No announcement yet.

Captain Vega? (Whispers Ep)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really didn't have an impact on me one way or the other. Talking red shirts are still red shirts.

Comment

Ironically I thought Dusty was the goner. I was a little shocked that Vega hadn't had more of a role since S & R after all the talk of her coming onto the show. Ah well.

I'd like to see the surviving members come back though. Especailly Christina Cox.
      Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
        Well this is the second episode I see of Atlantis after S&R and I was… well let me rephrase not at all surprise when Vega was KILL!!

What was all the fuss about her coming in to the show? Guess the PTB like to keep the same motto “introduce them then kill them”

I think she was there for what 2 episodes?
        I think she was a redshirt from the beginning, as naming rights for a certain RedShirt went to the winner of a contest on JM's blog, and I'm 90% certain that was Vega

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
        Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

I am angry too. Why was it so important to mention Vega, if they killed her so easily?
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

She was just Nikki/Paulo'd.

At least in this case they might have done us a favor by killing her before the hate could actually start.
            Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

To be honest it didn't really bother me that Vega was killed off. Sure, it was kind of a shock at first. They haven't really done that much with Vega anyway and who knows what what really goes on behind the scenes. I do hope that they bring Dusty back she was hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                I think she was a redshirt from the beginning, as naming rights for a certain RedShirt went to the winner of a contest on JM's blog, and I'm 90% certain that was Vega
                Actually, it was the Major Teldy character who was named after a contest winner - Anne Teldy - who comments on Joe's blog all the time.
                Last edited by Becky S.; 06 September 2008, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Becky S. View Post
                  Actually, it was the Major Teldy character who was named after a cotest winner - Anne Teldy - who comments on Joe's blog all the time.
                  I was 90% of the way there! WEWT!

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                  Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                    I was 90% of the way there! WEWT!
                    That you were! By the way, love your location TARDIS! And now, back the thread.....

Comment

Okay...... Confused as hell here....

I thought Vega was going to be the 'Female Lorne'..... and that she was the only one to survive this episode....

But they killed her.....as a damned Redshirt at that.....And what was with the whole Teldy redshirt contest thing?

Well at least we might get Christina Cox back again

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

My theory is more was planned for Vega but it all went to hell when
                        Spoiler:
                        they decided to put the axe to the series.

Just my opinion.

At any rate, like Dr. Lee and others have said, the possibility of seeing Christine Cox again is very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          Okay...... Confused as hell here....

I thought Vega was going to be the 'Female Lorne'..... and that she was the only one to survive this episode....

But they killed her.....as a damned Redshirt at that.....And what was with the whole Teldy redshirt contest thing?

Well at least we might get Christina Cox back again
                          Joe M had a contest that the first person go comment or the like after the 1 million visitor, would get his/hers name sake on the show. This was a Anne Teldy and Joe M joked about her getting killed by Space cows

As to the killing of Vega, I was a bit surprised that they killed her off, but they had to kill someone off after all the hype they made of her but as some has stated, maybe she couldn't come back for more episode and was tied to other projects after this episode came along and the killing was an easy way out.
                          I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

If you recognize, Vega had the lest depth to her character.

As well, this is just another re-enforcement of tptb's famous maxim: "If at first you don't succeed, axe, axe again"
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

This is only speculation, but I think the size of Vega's role this season was all based on whether Teyla's character decided to go on maternity leave or not. Meaning it all depended on whether the actor playing Teyla decided to come back right away or not. The script of the second show of this season, which involved getting Teyla to make up her mind, one way or another, was a not so subtle message to the actress to make up her friggin mind too.
                              If the actress would have decided to take more time off, then Teyla the character would have taken time off too, and Caption Vega would have temporarily taken her place on the team until Teyla came back. The reason Teyla was so smart with the computers in the parallel universe episode was because that script was originally written for Vega, not Teyla. Once the actress playing Teyla realized that the Vega character was taking over, she decided to come back to work right away. At that point, the Vega character was written out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel32 View Post
                                To be honest it didn't really bother me that Vega was killed off. Sure, it was kind of a shock at first. They haven't really done that much with Vega anyway and who knows what what really goes on behind the scenes. I do hope that they bring Dusty back she was hilarious!
                                Totally! I loved Dusty, she was so funny. A nice contrast with the more serious characters. It was a little abrupt, how they killed Vega. I was confused, I didn't know if she was dead, or if they were leaving her. I was lost! They need to be a little more clear on these things!!!

sigpic
                                Sig by me!
                                My FanFic's

Comment

Working...
                                X