Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    It does? *turns into Jack* NICE!
    You're there already?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
      You're there already?
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Update:

With prep on Whispers less than a week away, I decided to do a little research to put me in the proper frame of mind. And so, over the weekend, I picked up my research materials - I Am Legend, The Mist, 30 Days of Night, 28 Weeks Later, and The Devil’s Backbone - figuring I’d finally put out those pink pages this morning and then spend the next couple of days getting creeping out. Alas, ‘twas not to be. We had our last Whispers casting session this morning, [...] when all was said and done, [I] simply ran out of time. I did manage to check out the special features included in The Mist two-disc collector’s edition and have to say - for a movie about mist, there’s very little behind-the-scenes discussion about the mist. Bummer. Oh, and I never did get around to putting out those pinks. Maybe tomorrow. When I’ll probably be working on those season 5 synopses.

Nonetheless, a productive day in that we have made our final choices on Teldy, Dusty, and Porter. As Marty G. put it: “It’s going to be a really strong cast.” Once the deals have been closed, I’ll let you know all about ‘em.
        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...for-the-pinks/

Comment

So it's going to be a creepy,scary ep. I like that idea.

Comment

It could be interesting, if the "mist" is connected to the aliens from "Home".
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              It would but I doubt it. I wouldn't mind a "Silent Hill" type fog ep however.

Comment

So it's going to be a creepy,scary ep. I like that idea.
                I'm really looking forward to this ep, finally something really creepy

yeah that was a cool movie. even though you should've played the game before watching it imo (which I didn't )
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

What about like: The Mist - I watched it the other day, quite good

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  I'm really looking forward to this ep, finally something really creepy
                  Yup

yeah that was a cool movie. even though you should've played the game before watching it imo (which I didn't )
                  I did, not as bad as some other games for playing alone in the dark.. Resident Evil for one

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                    What about like: The Mist - I watched it the other day, quite good
                    interesting movie

I did, not as bad as some other games for playing alone in the dark.. Resident Evil for one
                    ooh yeah Resident Evil hm this reminds me of Doom 3 anyway let's get back OT. Whispers should be a very cool ep, one of the highlights of s5 imo
                    sigpic

Comment

interesting movie

Indeed.

ooh yeah Resident Evil hm this reminds me of Doom 3 anyway let's get back OT. Whispers should be a very cool ep, one of the highlights of s5 imo
                      LoL, It would appear Jumper_One has been reconditioned by the Mods

...I expect this will be a cool ep

Comment

LoL, It would appear Jumper_One has been reconditioned by the Mods
                        I have?

...I expect this will be a cool ep
                        sigpic

Comment

On today's Joe M blog: something alike

"Which brings us to Whispers"

PG, if you're gonna call that one 'A mention'...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I have?
                            Yeah it seems you have been implanted with a keep to the topic, remind of going off topic chip...

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                            On today's Joe M blog: something alike

"Which brings us to Whispers"

PG, if you're gonna call that one 'A mention'...

Well you know PG15... if 'Whispers' gets a mention he will quote it

Comment

Well no, see. It wasn't a mention. Because all of this:

So what scares you?

I asked this question about a year ago after reading two Dan Simmons books: The Song of Kali, and The Terror. One is grounded in the real world and deals with a menace firmly rooted in the every day. The other is more fantastical, focusing on a villain supernatural in nature. Although my wife is more apt to be creeped out by the latter, I’ve always found the former far more frightening. To me, the more outlandish or removed from this reality the threat, the easier it is to dismiss it as mere fanciful entertainment when you set that book aside or turn off that dvd player. But the more grounded in reality the threat, the harder it is to dismiss that nagging undercurrent of dread when you reach that last page or the credits start to roll. There’s something about the possible that adds to the sense of unease. Is your creepy neighbor an alien from another planet come to feast on human life forms? Of course not. Is your creepy neighbor a serial killer who picks up transients, slaughter them in his basement, and buries the bodies in his backyard? Probably not. But then again, you never know…

When it comes to the visuals of horror, I tend to think along the same lines. Even the best of monster movies with their big budget computer generated images and geysers of blood fall far shorter on the terror scale than the chilling subtlety of a victim’s horrified reaction. Yes, I’ve seen the Nightmare on Elm Street movies and, while one can argue their entertainment value, it’s tough to argue their shock value. These movies, with their over-unearthly antagonist exacting gruesome acts of terror feel closer to cartoons than entries in the horror genre. On the other hand, take a movie like Takashi Miike’s Audition. It tells a fairly simple tale, progressing at a leisurely pace until its third act when the audience is sucker-punched by one of the most horrifying sequences ever committed to film. What makes this shocking sequence so terrifying is the set-up, a narrative slow burn that lulls the audience into a false sense of comfort before springing it’s nasty turn. It’s like having someone sing you a lullaby and then, just as you’re about to doze off, step in an slap you awake. Repeatedly.

The “unseen” is far more frightening than the “revealed” because Hollywood’s best visceral creations have got nothing on what the imagination can conjure up. And, when it comes to the revealed (because, let’s face it, there’s nothing more dissatisfying than being teased and not rewarded by even the briefest of glimpses behind the dark curtain) the familiar is scarier than the unfamiliar. But I’d argue that what is far more horrifying than either is the…not-quite familiar…
                              Leads up to...

Which brings us to Whispers…
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...at-scares-you/

EDIT: Oh, and also this:

Thornyrose writes: “Still trying to work out the f/x for Whispers?”

Answer: Yep. We’re looking at creative alternatives to smoking up an entire stage.
                              Last edited by PG15; 09 April 2008, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                .: That would be awesome. And also awesome for them,give them some points in the continuity department

.: JM talking about "shock value" scares me.

Comment

Working...
                                X