Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was AU Sheppard the 'other' gay charcter that the producers mentioned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainpash View Post
    Wouldn't it be though? Because it says that being gay is a choice. Isn't that what all AU universes are, a choice that went differently? Just my interpretation.
    I read AU fic and all kinds of things can be different. There are even ones where our characters are different genders. If there are infinite numbers of possible universes then there are infinite numbers of genetic combinations, so choice or biology, anything could happen in an AU.
    sigpic

Comment

Interesting topic I say.

But I made a brief post at the episode discussion regarding this matter, but I concur with Billz. If only AU Sheppard was gay.

Clicking on the link, speaking of gay characters, was that why after Season 4 ended and Lt. Vegas character was announced with possibility of her appearing as important as part of the main cast, as she was suppose to be the first gay character? Well, IMO, lost potential.
      Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 09 January 2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I thought Teyla was being referred to. I heard 'she' so I assumed it was her.

Comment

Unless Teyla came to Earth years ago and became a US Army medic... Nope.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
            I kind of got the impression that the Wraith on Earth in Vegas was kind of gay. After all, only a gay emo Wraith would stoop so low to listen to the music of Marilyn Manson. Besides, his knowledge of cosmetics only aided the illusion.
            LMAO! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Wraith uh, heh, they are like insects - not mammals.

What gay or straight, I'm one of those that likes NO ROMANCE in sci fi, hard core sci fi. Trekkies also had a royal fit when other writers tried to stuff that in.

I thought Goth Wraith was HOT - and it's the first time we got to see a half naked Wraith - did you see the vertebrate showing on his spine? And the markings? PHEW! I'm surprised no one has posted a picture of the back of him, high resolution.
            "Other Nations" T&P Marsh

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash View Post
              Wouldn't it be though? Because it says that being gay is a choice. Isn't that what all AU universes are, a choice that went differently? Just my interpretation.
              1) Being gay is not a choice.
              2) No, it would say that this would've just been a choice. For one thing, John could very well be bisexual (could). For another, it might not a "choice" John made. Maybe his mom made a different choice, which lead to him being born gay instead of straight in that particular AU. Chaos theory.

Comment

Working...
              X