Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate Sheppard's Fate (Spoiler for end of Vegas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, they could alway talk Sam into using the healing device
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Realistically, if he hadn't been shot at least twice after all that automatic weapons fire, something would have been wrong. He looked like he was shot near the heart, so that couldn't be good.
      He got up, crawled defiantly, fell, and closed his eyes. He died. His life was going nowhere, he'd hit bottom almost... He did the one heroic thing he could do and then bought it. Well done for the alt. Shep.
      I rewatched it today and didn't see him close his eyes, but there was the "looking off into space" death look. He also looked like he stopped breathing. He was very heroic.

*Waaaaaaaah!*

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Ah! Thanks, Jill. I have to go through my second watch later tonight. The 'zone out' death scene. That's even more evidence he bought it.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

He's dead, Jim.

But I do have to point out that the writers like to leave things up to interpretation.
          Ford.
          Weir.
          AU!Sheppard.

dead, Jim. I'm a doctor, not a fanfic author.

sig made by Pic

Comment

Or a brick layer for that matter!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
            MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
              I rewatched it today and didn't see him close his eyes, but there was the "looking off into space" death look. He also looked like he stopped breathing. He was very heroic.

*Waaaaaaaah!*
              I re-watched today too, and AltShep's eyes are open after he heroically staggers and falls down. He grimaces in pain, with sort of a hitched breath, stares up at the sky and stops breathing, eyes still open. He died, as far as I can see Sniff. Great ending though, IMO.
              sigpic

Comment

So he's shot in the chest, for sure, and it looked to me like he took one in the opposite side of the body, somewhere in the abdominal area - there was blood low and to one side of that white shirt as he was laying there looking up at the sky and I'm pretty sure I saw him react in pain as he was sheltering behind the wheel of his car. I never thought as I was watching it, but some of the other posters mentioned the massive radiation that would have blanketed the area after the device was destroyed. And, I did notice the blood leakign from his ear at the end, evidence of the concussive brain trauma from the shock wave of the explosions...

Oh yeah, he's toast...

Comment

I have to admit, upon stumbling to this thread I almost became shocked there was a debate to AU Sheppard's death.

I say almost because the SG fandom is so widely open to opinions that a debate about Teyla's baby being real or not wouldn't surprise me.

Frankly, while I put down no one's opinion to how they view the end of Vegas, AU Sheppard kicked the bucket. And I gotta say, it was such a powerful scene to me that thinking about it still gets me in a daze. I can seriously say I've never watched a scene so powerful before; a scene that can say a million words without words being spoken.

Okay, you're laughing. Don't blame you, what I said was corny as hell.

But watch that last scene over again. If you watch it with a clear mind ---painfully forgetting for a minute that our wonderful SGA has been cancelled -- that in retrospect, none of this even matters with it being an AU setting -- just watch it as it is, and I almost want to shake the hands of the director who shot this.

I say almost, because in this case I'm still unbelievably in rage from the cancellation.

Joe's acting in this was astounding. Having been able to take the John Sheppard he knows and play a different version so well really blew me away. And maybe it was 70% of the music that got me (gotta love Johnny Cash), but as the camera pulled out, and you stared into AU Sheppard's eyes...*shudders* You could see the moment he died. It's creepy

And with no words, you could feel the storyline wrap up. A lost man, one who had nothing to live for before this act of heroism, let himself die knowing he would go having made a difference. He was able to end the sh!thole of his life on a good note.

....*ahem* That's all I have to say. I had to ramble to some SGA fans. Frankly, I felt more closure from this episode (whilst it was a bit boring during the last half) than the actual series finale.

Comment

Originally posted by RevolutionChick View Post
                    I have to admit, upon stumbling to this thread I almost became shocked there was a debate to AU Sheppard's death.

I say almost because the SG fandom is so widely open to opinions that a debate about Teyla's baby being real or not wouldn't surprise me.

Frankly, while I put down no one's opinion to how they view the end of Vegas, AU Sheppard kicked the bucket. And I gotta say, it was such a powerful scene to me that thinking about it still gets me in a daze. I can seriously say I've never watched a scene so powerful before; a scene that can say a million words without words being spoken.

Okay, you're laughing. Don't blame you, what I said was corny as hell.

But watch that last scene over again. If you watch it with a clear mind ---painfully forgetting for a minute that our wonderful SGA has been cancelled -- that in retrospect, none of this even matters with it being an AU setting -- just watch it as it is, and I almost want to shake the hands of the director who shot this.

I say almost, because in this case I'm still unbelievably in rage from the cancellation.

Joe's acting in this was astounding. Having been able to take the John Sheppard he knows and play a different version so well really blew me away. And maybe it was 70% of the music that got me (gotta love Johnny Cash), but as the camera pulled out, and you stared into AU Sheppard's eyes...*shudders* You could see the moment he died. It's creepy

And with no words, you could feel the storyline wrap up. A lost man, one who had nothing to live for before this act of heroism, let himself die knowing he would go having made a difference. He was able to end the sh!thole of his life on a good note.

....*ahem* That's all I have to say. I had to ramble to some SGA fans. Frankly, I felt more closure from this episode (whilst it was a bit boring during the last half) than the actual series finale.
                    I have to agree about how powerful this was.
                    Several weeks after having seen both of the last 2 episodes, while I thought EatG was fun to watch, Vegas is the one that left the most impact. I still get emotional when I think about it and the scenes replay themselves in my mind.

(I prefer to fantasize that they rescued and revived Shep, just for my own mental health!)
                    sigpic

Comment

I think he died. It was rather beautiful though. I think I'm on the same wavelength as Revolutionchick.

He's had this song 'solitary man' as his theme. We know he's an empty and washed out person, a shell of our own Shep. We know he'd lost his place in the AF and with it his purpose in life. Alt-McKay sums up his life now and it's embarrassing, and he obviously doesn't care that much for his career in the police if he can just walk out on a whim.

He dies alone - always the most heart-wrenching type of death - but he dies redeemed. He bought a minute or two for the 'planes to come and save his world. If his life had no point, his death did, and that makes it beautiful, in the saddest sort of way.

Madeleine

Comment

[QUOTE=Crazynewf;9507502]I know it's technically not 'our' Sheppard but for all us whump fans this is a major development./QUOTE]
                        I was told that the vast majority of whump fans are in it for the "comfort" part that follows "hurt". If one dies (and has no friends at the time), that pretty much rules out all comfort.

So basically, it's just John Sheppard dying. I found it annoying. It wasn't out!Sheppard, so it's not like it mattered.

Comment

Dies, and this is what makes the ending one of the bests i've seen.

Stargate RIP 1994-2009

Comment

The fate of is death and meeting there with
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                            X