Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegas: Proof seasons 4 & 5 are set in an alternate reality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sblade View Post
    Questions:

3) Do you think random McKay visited random Sheppard in a random reality of a random show written by random writers and produced by random producers?
    I wish! Perferrably the random writers were Joss Whedon & Steven Moffat and the random producer was Russell T Davies. Man I would've pay good money to have see that.

Comment

OF all the A.U.'s we have seen which is the right one?

Before I Sleep
      McKay and Mrs.Miller
      the Last Man
      D.Variations
      Brain Far uh storm (opened a window or whatever)
      Vegas
      Enemy at the Gate

I'm just saying! Hums the Twilight Zone Theme do do do do do do do
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post

Before I Sleep
        McKay and Mrs.Miller
        the Last Man
        D.Variations
        Vegas
        Enemy at the Gate

Before I sleep... Rodney is the hero, even if he dies. At least by dying he would never meet... you know who.

Comment

*snort* the only UNIVERSE that he is safe from her evil clutches is the one where he is dead *lol*

Comment

*snort* the only UNIVERSE that he is safe from her evil clutches is the one where he is dead *lol*
            *meh* It is not a perfect world, but if it means never having to say M******r....

Comment

Hey I NEVER say that!! EVER!!!!!! *shudders*

I know that I hope that 4 & 5 are set in an Au, so maybe Elizabeth is still alive and maybe Carson too.

Comment

we are still watching the same reality as we were in Rising...Carson I is still fried, crispy and in a grave, probably, in Scotland... Carson II is still a clone... Wier is still floating about in space somewhere and Keller is doing the Horizontal tango with McKay.

there was nothing that implied that this is not the case in Vegas. VEGAS!McKay went to a third realities Atlantis while...

Spoiler:
                the pulse given out at the end is recieved in our reality in EATG.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Carson is not in a grave!! he was vaporized! *KaBOOM*

I like my A.U reality waaaay better!

Comment

I think the reality depicted in Vegas was most probably the reality from where the Season 3's McKay from McKay And Mrs. Miller came from. I doubt the writers would want to make things too complicated.

(I might sound contradictory but it might, just might not be the reality from MAMM too, since I vaguely remember Alt-Rodney talking about Shephard there although in the Vegas reality, he previously didn't know him)

Comment

Originally posted by PantheraLeo View Post
                      I think the reality depicted in Vegas was most probably the reality from where the Season 3's McKay from McKay And Mrs. Miller came from. I doubt the writers would want to make things too complicated.

(I might sound contradictory but it might, just might not be the reality from MAMM too, since I vaguely remember Alt-Rodney talking about Shephard there although in the Vegas reality, he previously didn't know him)
                      JM said on his blog that it is not the same.

2cats writes: “1) Was this McKay the same as Alt-Mckay in McKay & Mrs, Miller? There is some chatter in the ether about this.”

Answer: Not sure why there would be. There was never any indication that, out of the myriad alternate universes out there, we landed in that particular one especially since this version of Rodney was nothing like Rod.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

^ Now just think how much better this episode would have been if the alternate reality depicted had been Rod's reality, you know, with Mensa Sheppard, the original Atlantis characters (yeah, Carson, Elizabeth and maybe some bunnies too) and no ****ing Vegas.
                        sigpic

Comment

Before I Sleep
                          McKay and Mrs.Miller
                          the Last Man
                          D.Variations
                          Vegas
                          Enemy at the Gate

Hey you forgot about the first SG-1 AU episode. That one already messed everything before Rodney did

Comment

I couldn't remember all of em *Snort* I though about it believe me!!

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                              In the season 5 episode Vegas, this Rod-like character shows up in this random alternate reality, except it's clear he is not Rod from the season 3 episode McKay and Mrs. Miller. That said, it seems to be implied throughout the ep (at least to me) that "Rod 2" visited the reality that has been shown to us since season 4.

Questions:

1) Do you think seasons 4 & 5 are not set in the same reality as the first three seasons of SGA (which would explain why "Rod 2" visited such reality)? If so, what could have caused the dimensional shift?

2) Do you think "Rod 2" paid a visit to "our reality" off-screen?

3) Do you think random McKay visited random Sheppard in a random reality of a random show written by random writers and produced by random producers?
                              Heh, no - it's only clear that Rod-Vegas visited SOME reality where Shep was a Commander. It may well have been the reality we saw in Daedalus Variations. I had thought also (posted to that on the SGA forum) that Vegas Rod was the same Nice-Rod that came to our Atlantis - it was the episode where he meeds OUR Rodney and gets along with people better.

Vegas Rod didn't seem the type to get along with people better, he was a hard nose person.

We can assume that we have met 3 McKays. Our Rodney, Nice-Rodney and Vegas-Rodney. Vegas Rodney met another one, perhaps the one that Nice-Rodney knew. You'd have to listen very carefully to everything that was said of Nice-Rod's John - and compare that to what Vegas Rod said about the John HE met.

Oh boy, that was confusion
                              "Other Nations" T&P Marsh

Comment

Originally posted by Morrolan View Post
                                1) No, seasons 4 & 5 are set in the same reality as the rest of Atlantis and SG-1. The Vegas Rodney visited another reality and met a Sheppard on Atlantis.

2) No, the Vegas McKay visited a different reality off-screen.

3) No, McKay visited a random Sheppard in a random reality of the same show written by the same writers and produced by the same producers in our reality.
                                The real question is, did the network cancel the show in that reality? Mehhh
                                "Other Nations" T&P Marsh

Comment

Working...
                                X