Plot Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Sorry to ask silly question...... Please don't flame me.

But which version of Rodney is in this? Is that "our Rodney" doing a sliders into the AU to talk to Sheppard or is that the AU rodney that knows about "our universe" and........

Also I might be wrong but is the wraith in this episode one that fell from our universe into this alternate universe?
    It's a completely new Rodney. The AU Rodney belonged to that reality and since Sheppard wasn't part of the Atlantis Expedition, it wasn't Rod. If that Rodney had met the main continuity ("our" reality) then chances are it would have seen/explained on the show. The Wraith during the episode also belonged to that dimension, it's just their version of Todd managed to find Earth, go there with a ZPM powered Hive, get his ass kicked and have another survivor send a signal while "our" Todd was still in the process of making his ZPM powered Hive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      The Wraith during the episode also belonged to that dimension, it's just their version of Todd managed to find Earth, go there with a ZPM powered Hive, get his ass kicked and have another survivor send a signal while "our" Todd was still in the process of making his ZPM powered Hive.
      it wasn't necessarily a zpm powere dhive
      R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
        it wasn't necessarily a zpm powere dhive
        I disagree. The 'Vegas' reality, while having it's noticeable differences, seemed to be playing out events before they happened within the main reality. So I think it's more than likely that what happened in 'Vegas', could have happened in 'Enemy at the Gates'. A ZPM powered Hive, trying to reach Earth, only real difference is Todd being betrayed, which could be down to Todd not wanting to attack Earth yet or because he didn't want to at all due to his weird relationship with John.

sigpic

Comment

But the signal the Wraith tried to send was penetrating out from the AU reality into ours? Wasn't this the same signal mentioned in EATG?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

yes
            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
              yes
              I don't get that....... Why make a signal that powerful that it peneatrates other universes? I'm surprised the Wraith dude knew that

Comment

I think it penetrating into other dimensions was a side effect, not done on purpose.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  I think it penetrating into other dimensions was a side effect, not done on purpose.
                  Oh ok I'll have to watch the episode again... Thanks.

Comment

yes, the explosion caused by the plane missiles combined with the signal strength sent it into another reality for some reason
                    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Working...
                    X