This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
    people keep saying that this is the coolest atlantis episode but i dont see that at all. first of all there is nothing stargatish about this episode. secondly, except for a couple of scenes, the whole thing looked ridiculous. am i the only one who thinks this episode is done badly in terms of directing and writing. i had good moments but overall its nothing to brag about. and what was so CSI about it? i didnt see any hint of that, except for some lousy flashbacks that had no purpose and one weird forensic scene, the rest of the episode dealt with a loner. since when was CSI about deadbeat loners? I think this episode wouldve been much better if it toned down the music, flashbacks and all that crap editing. i say it couldve been better if it took itself seriously and didnt try so hard to imitate.
    I agree and disagree. It wasn't that the episode was "bad", it was just different. A lot of shows try a different approach on normal episodes...some work, some don't and in my opinion, I thought it was just okay. I didn't think the directing and writing were bad at all; they could have gone a different way, which I think might have been better, but again, that's just an opinion (everyone has them!).

Sheppard: See? Things are looking up.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
      Is that before or after Ronon (or Sheppard) got so annoyed with Monk he shot him?

DragonLady
      Yes, I could definitely see that... Mr. Monk complaining about something for the hundredth time and Ronon rolling his eyes, whipping out his gun and stunning Monk on the spot. LOL

Originally posted by Xenocide View Post
      I now demand a full "Teal'c PI" episode
      Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bedub1 View Post
        I have watched all the episodes from SG1, the movies, and all of Atlantis. This was by far a most excellent episode, especially since it is the only one that motivated me to create an account here to post this. No other episode accomplished that.

My husband said more or less the same as you when he saw "Vegas".......I haven't persuaded him to open an account and start posting on here yet though.....

It must be pretty darn good though - he's kept it on the TV recorder to re-watch - and he NEVER does that!!!....

Next thing he'll be asking me to buy him a photo op with Joe F!!!....

Deeds xxx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

no it was different bad. the concept is good but executed badly. it had its themes all mixed up and finally it didnt know what it wanted to be.
          sigpic

Comment

people keep saying that this is the coolest atlantis episode but i dont see that at all. first of all there is nothing stargatish about this episode. secondly, except for a couple of scenes, the whole thing looked ridiculous. am i the only one who thinks this episode is done badly in terms of directing and writing. it had good moments but overall its nothing to brag about. and what was so CSI about it? i didnt see any hint of that, except for some lousy flashbacks that had no purpose and one weird forensic scene, the rest of the episode dealt with a loner. since when was CSI about deadbeat loners? I think this episode wouldve been much better if it toned down the music, flashbacks and all that crap editing. i say it couldve been better if it took itself seriously and didnt try so hard to imitate.
            You're not the only one.....I thought it was a very bad CSI ripoff, we got no explanation on how the wraith managed to find earth, it didn't even feel like stargate, most of the music was annoying as hell I didn't like John in this ep...

So all in all it was the worse ep of the entire season

All this is JMO
            sigpic

Comment

I watched this episode with my mom, who never watches Stargate. She absolutely loved it, and has now fallen in love with Joe. Good thing my dad wasn't in the room, cause she was fangirling with the best of them!
              I think this beautiful episode is the best one this season, possibly the best of the entire series!
              So cool, so sad, just incredible.
              My mom and I both wish it was a series, we'd watch every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziva Z View Post
                I watched this episode with my mom, who never watches Stargate. She absolutely loved it, and has now fallen in love with Joe. Good thing my dad wasn't in the room, cause she was fangirling with the best of them!
                I think this beautiful episode is the best one this season, possibly the best of the entire series!
                So cool, so sad, just incredible.
                My mom and I both wish it was a series, we'd watch every week.
                so basically you want watch something thats not Atlantis. try FRINGE, your mom might like it too. but for me i want Atlantis, not the alternative reality one.
                sigpic

Comment

so basically you want watch something thats not Atlantis. try FRINGE, your mom might like it too. but for me i want Atlantis, not the alternative reality one.
                  I loved this AND traditional Atlantis, they are both great (other than certain romantic pairings this season, that shall remain unnamed )!
                  You are right, my mom might like Fringe!

Comment

Vegas is much better than Enemy at the gates. McKay was pretty cool.

Comment

Does anyone know the name of that western theme they play in the opening sequence.

Comment

check out RCC's Q&A on Joe's blog
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm too lazy to read the whole thing. Is their any meantion of RCC's excuse why Ronon and Teyla were missing
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I'm too lazy to read the whole thing. Is their any meantion of RCC's excuse why Ronon and Teyla were missing
                            yes
                            sigpic

Comment

And they will be including an extended edition (4 minutes longer; still, it's something) for the episode on the DVD.

YES.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                yup
                                Mel writes: “Questions for Mr. Cooper:

1. Was there a specific reason as to why Jason Momoa and Rachel Luttrell were not featured in Vegas? I just think that their characters could have been fit into the mix somewhere and was wondering why they were left out.

2. Was there anything you wrote for the episode that did not make the cut? If so, could you give an example?”

RC: I know many of you disagree but I really didn’t want to wedge Ronan and Teyla in someplace they didn’t belong. I think it would have been distracting. In fact, I think you could argue that without Sheppard being part of the program. Teyla and Ronan never became part of the team.

Yes, there were some scenes that didn’t make the cut for time and we have finished an extended version for the DVD’s that will include roughly four extra minutes of running time. Some of the changes are minor but some of the scenes had to be recut and the longer versions are quite different. Interestingly, in some cases, I’m not really sure which ones I like better. I guess I’m glad both exist.
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X