Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the episode very much. One thing I don't understand, though. With all the resources McKay had at his disposal, he could not even send a med-evac helicopter out for Shepard? The A-10s destroyed the trailer during daylight hours, and Shepard was still alive at dusk. That's gratitude? LOL!

*edit* The A-10 Thunderbolt II was named after the WWII aircraft that had the same kind of mission. The P-47 Thunderbolt.

~Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      call me a sheppard/weir fan but im thinking that maybe that field medic was Dr. Weir.
      I wasn't going to mention that, but now that you did. It would be a nice parallel.

I also restrained myself from squeeing over the hotness that was JF/JS in this one. But if I may be shallow for just a moment, he was hotter than that exploding sun in Echoes. Rumpled and scruffy and cranky is definitely a workable look for him.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

well i am on holidays in the us, and its the first time i could watch an episode of atlantis on tv, so i actually did it ^^.
        i saw it with my family and they were surprised that there were actually no atlantis or stargate in it. so they kinda liked it
        i like dectective stories or smth like that so yeah i really loved this episode.
        I really loved it how Johnny Cash was mentioned throughout the episode, there you could see that there was some connections with our shepperd. I loved it when they played solitary man.... it was awesome.
        it wasnt stargate but it was great, cant wait for next week.
        sigpic

Comment

I like to think that alt-Sheppard didn't die at the end Thought they left it a bit open there.

I loved this episode: the metal music, different style of camera work, the extra snarky and bitter McKay and the profound ending

Woolsey just condemned multiple alt-Earth's to their doom and he doesn't care
          McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post
            I enjoyed the episode very much. One thing I don't understand, though. With all the resources McKay had at his disposal, he could not even send a med-evac helicopter out for Shepard? The A-10s destroyed the trailer during daylight hours, and Shepard was still alive at dusk. That's gratitude? LOL!

~Dave
            You'd think that if nothing else, they'd go out there to pick up all the pieces before say, the power utility folk show up and go WTF? and say "What's this weird piece of whatever (alien equipment remnant)?" Maybe the sun goes down really fast in Vegas?? *cough* If nothing else, he sure lasted quite a while after being shot. A dramatic, lonely scene but yeah, I think most fans are going wondering the same.

Meanwhile, for those who didn't like Shep (even an AU version) dying, there's a great tag up at http://kristen999.livejournal.com/207821.html%22

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post

Woolsey just condemned multiple alt-Earth's to their doom and he doesn't care
              Well, Alt-Woolsey only cares about his Earth (at present, remember, he made a sort of add-on remark). Which is realistic. What can they do for all the AUs out there? Can't exactly send a candygram with "oh by the way, we made a mistake. oops. wraith know where earth is." Good thing it'll take 'em eons to get there...

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
                I like to think that alt-Sheppard didn't die at the end Thought they left it a bit open there.

I loved this episode: the metal music, different style of camera work, the extra snarky and bitter McKay and the profound ending

Woolsey just condemned multiple Earth's to their doom and he doesn't care

Ours is the only reality of consequence
                Harsh but pratical. And it wasn't directly Wolsey's doing. Nothing he chose or could control.

Open ending, maybe. But overall quite dark.
                Spoiler:
                I mourned the Wraith. But that's just me I loved Shep, too, for once.

Wow, I looooved the soundtrack. Perfect.
                sigpic
                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                  Anyone catch Brad Wright playing blackjack?
                  Highly Ironic IMHO with the decisions he and MGM have made regarding SG:A and SG:U....Also, did ya spot Jerry Goldsmith during the poker game?

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  He should of drove...

This Camaro!
                  Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  I think that car goes for like $40,000 so yeah maybe not.
                  More like $400,000.... Theres only one or two of those concepts around...

Anyway... onto the episode.

Wow.... very different to ANYTHING i've seen SG do before, yes they tried to whole *characters in a different job* thing before... but the way this was put together beats Changling hands (and suckers) down.

the only CSI i've seen is a minute of CSI:NY so i didn't get all the little nods to the shows as other people did.

The music..... this is the second time TPTB have used 'mainstream' music in an episode.... and both times they've chosen music perfect for the scenes it's overlaid. That Johnny Cash song at the end was....Wow.

Definately up there in my top ten episodes of SG:A.... maybe even the top five.

part of me says... ROLL ON EATG!... then i remember that it's the final one... so i'm not looking forward to it either...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I think this was one of the best episodes this season, and a perfect setup for Enemy at the Gate. We got a good story set up and resolved in one episode, and it left an interesting question for the next episode. I loved how in the first part they showed Detective Sheppard and their Wraith doing their business, and then their storylines converged. Then it was a cat and mouse game between Shep and the Wraith. Another interesting thing about this episode is how quickly a Wraith can assimilate into Earth society. He wasn't happy to be here, but in a way Earth was his Disneyland. From the money he got off his first victim, he was able to win even more from poker to finance his scheme. John finally caught up with him at the poker table, and that's when we learn what happened.

My favorite parts were the flashbacks to the Wraith attack three months earlier. We saw the Wraith ship pummeled with drones and dogfights in the space over the U.S. With this sneak peek, Enemy at the Gate looks to have one of the best ship battle scenes ever in Stargate, up there with BAMSR and Camelot. The truth is revealed to Sheppard and we even saw Todd held prisoner. Todd's poetic lines added a nice touch and an ominous warning for Sheppard. After, in true detective style, Sheppard puts all the clues together, and finds the Wraith. The shootout scene fits the Western style music that was played for Sheppard, and then the destruction of the Wraith's device was pretty cool. Sheppard's death to Johnny Cash was also nice. The activation of the device also provides an interesting link to Enemy at the Gate, making the episode more than just a one-off AU episode, and making a good episode great.

Comment

Originally posted by Wardog117 View Post
                      I don't know about best episode ever, but I thought it was absolutely brilliant. I loved the plot and its tie in to next week's episode. I would have to say the best episode of season 5 still goes to "The Shrine", with this coming in a close second.
                      This ep was one of the best of the season, not the best episode ever, but it was up there. This episode gave the show more dynamic and depth to it. This showed that Atlantis can think out of the box and produce a totally different episode.

Originally posted by TameFarrar View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      ...well since I know both you and I like our CSI...it does make it a bit hard to watch someone try to copy it into the Sci Fi genre LOLOLOL

But after I got over that....and the whole cliche *Loner Detective who beats himself up daily* I actually really got into this episode

Being the Hard Rock Chick of the Mod Team has its advantages...I knew all the music Buwhahahaha and since I am married to a Country geek I even knew the Cash tunes.

So for me not only was the episode basically just fun, it rocked In all actuality I wish they would use more of today's music in the show, it really gave the scenes a different feel.

The wraith guy was cool and again a very cliche *Silent but deadly bad ass* but still cool All the jazz with the make up and walking over the dead guy from next door was all really perfect for the character.

I can't say I was all that impressed with how they brought McKay and Woolsey into things. I didn't buy McKay as a *Bad Cop* to Woolsy's *Good Cop* so they might have done a bit of different editing there to help that part of the story along. But I liked how they brought the John of this AU up to speed on things and Todd was brilliant, I don't think its easy making psychotic believable to begin with and then to do so while made up as a wraith and I don't even care for the Wraith all that much.

The shooting and editing overall was really good, with the cuts and music. The Make Up WOW!! the guy who played the young Wraith looked amazing down his back and such. Great attention to detail!!

The couple of scenes that made me roll my eyes were the poker game and the same ole same ole McKay/Zelenka bicker-fest. I thought the snap-shot B&W shots a bit of over kill and I could done without the Sopranos and I am so beyond sick of McKay and Zelenka bickering that I had to go get coffee at that moment.

Overall though I am really glad that they tried to do an earth based episode with some flair and drama and they tried some new editing as well as music to pump things up. So I am really happy with this episode
                      I think it was brilliant how they took a Wraith and incorporated him into modern America. It was a glimpse of what is to come if the Wraith do reach earth. They may not do a massive culling since Earth is huge and is heavily populated. They could very well try to blend in and all become poker players.

It was good to get a different kind of episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

This was an amazing Episode and was very well directed (apart from them annoying white flashes they kept doing all the time). Infact it did not feel like a true Atlantis epsiode and more like a movie.

The Muisc on this epsiode was great to, especially since I am a Metal fan, so hearing some Metal was a nice change from the norm.

Also we not only go some great insights into Shepard but also the Wraith. We learnt they can read minds more clearly than has been shown before (not including Queens), we saw thye have no ears and we saw that they like poems
                        sigpic
                        Banner Made By Me for Me
                        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by ~Dave View Post

~Dave
                          McKay thought Sheppard was dead. Sheppard wasn't in communication with the group and I believe McKay knew Shep would bust in guns blazing. His remark about how Sheppard saved earth was very somber in tone, like he knew Shep didn't make it out alive.

I love how Shep gets shot, just looks down, and then is like "oh damn!" and runs behind the car. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                            Highly Ironic IMHO with the decisions he and MGM have made regarding SG:A and SG:U....Also, did ya spot Jerry Goldsmith during the poker game?

I am too lazy to read the other pages sorry if someone else has mentioned this:
                            I spotted Brad Wright playing blackjack. maybe because i have recently watched some extras from continuum...he stuck out in my mind. I rewatched that snippet three times to make sure it was him

Comment

They could have made that a 2-hour movie!!!! AWESOME! Just like a summer blockbuster.

Comment

Unbelievable. I think Robert is seriously earning himself a pat on a back for this one.

I believe he is trying to make me rip my arm off and whack him with it because he's finally made me crack.

I watch Stargate Atlantis because I want science fiction, not a bad episode of Moonlight mixed with some CSI.

I had an awesome dream last night; all action and funny dialogue. Can't believe that my dream was far more entertaining than this episode.

Yes, Robert, I'm glad your showing the world your talents at directing but if you want to jump into mainstream television, then go ahead; but why on earth would you take the last few episodes of Stargate Atlantis, the TV show you cancelled, because you didn't care for it anymore, and make it the most awful episode of Stargate ever.

The only decent thing from this was watching Joe be sexy, but all he needs to do is stand in front of the camera, you don't need a genius director to get that one right.

The script itself was boring. We know about Wraith, so why talk to us like we are 5 years old learning our first wraith lesson. There was nothing intelligent with the dialogue.

Let's throw in some Marilyn Manson music, that will make it cool. No, not quite.

Penultimate episode of one of my favourite Tv shows and I'm not given the chance to say goodbye to my team. Ronan, Teyla, Sheppard, Mckay etc....thank you so much Robert.

RObert and Wright have seriously lost what they had and Universe is not safe.

I would have rather brush my teeth this morning with a SAW then have watched this episode.

It's not a question of you either love or hate it. I abhor this episode not because it was some cheesy detective movie but because the injustice of the cancellation only becomes more ridiculous and mocking after watching this piece of DREN.

I don't say this because I'm up myself, but I really CAN write better than this and I mourn SGA. I'm in the process of watching the amazing and genius SGA Season 1 in order and am truly loving every episode. What happened? Did I wake up one morning and change, not quite understanding Stargate all of a sudden? Or is it that I demand intelligent writing for my money and time?

So the wraith are coming to attack Earth....let the wraith meet Robert, I say.
                                sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

Working...
                                X