X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
    Yeah haha, that's the kind of car that someone $16,000 in debt drives
    I think that car goes for like $40,000 so yeah maybe not.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      Anyone catch Brad Wright playing blackjack?
      Yup, and Robert C. Cooper was seen in the background facing towards the camera playing at the same table as Wright. It was hard to see, but you can make it out as Cooper.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
      and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I have to say this may work its way into my Top 10/15 episodes of all time for SGA. It's tough to assess an episode so unique like this in the exact same context as other SGA episodes, but they did a wonderful job tying it in to our familiar reality at the end. I was hoping at first the Rodney we met was "Rod" but then remember in his reality Shepherd was still on his team. That said, i loved the nod to the rift in space-time. Also, there were lots of nice easter eggs, nods to fan complaints (Keller), cameos, and so forth. Visually, the episode was fascinating, and it's a shame to see that sort of production talent was utilized even a little more throughout the series run. That said, i loved the service this episode did to set up the final episode of the series with EATG. Also, it was great that "Vegas" was also a commentary on the persona of John Shepherd, and his destiny to be heroic in some shape and form. Loved the appearance of Todd (definitely a little creepy - excellent job by Christopher heyerdahl). I was extremely pleased.

also, i am sharing this in here as a theory because i am desperately trying to avoid EATG spoilers from people who've seen it, but in the previews for next week, it think we see Atlantis flying in space. I would think it'd be a neat twist for the finale if Atlantis came to earth, though that would require some SERIOUS power.

Anyway, kudos to everyone involved in Vegas. I thought it was very well done.

Comment

I am glad that this is one of the final episodes because if it was a pilot for a new show it would be in serious jeoprody of being cancelled for being a repeat of every other Vegas Detective show that has ever been done with the only exception being the villan is an alien. Another way to look at it would be to say that Atlantis has just jumped the shark. Thankfully it won't drag on after this, I don’t think that they can ruin the whole series just because the second to last episode was horrible, but I am sure they will try with the final one. I really don’t understand why the producers and directors have to screw these shows up. This is almost as bad as the Battlestar Galactica Webisode where the two male characters kissed for absolutely no reason. I guess the upside to this is that atleast they didn’t have Sheppard and McKay making out…..yet.

Comment

Both loved and hated the ep. It was VERY well-done...the soundtrack kicked, the editing was sharp, the whole edge feel to the show was spot on. Loved the Wraith revelations - the protruding spine, the nippleless chest:
            Spoiler:

And this Wraith was what ALL Wraith should have been from the beginning - strong, hard to kill...silent, smart, sexy...well...they've all been sexy ...and a true threat.

However, he was also a sympathetic character, and so - as a Wraith fan - I couldn't help but feel for him when he was flashing back to the destruction of his hive. He was angry, desperate to be rescued...he was just doing what he needed to do in order to survive. Any of us would have done the same (well...maybe not the eating people thing, unless we were adrift in a lifeboat for a month or so at sea...). I have a secret little hope that he jumped out of that trailer at the last minute...and is just unconscious. Soon he'll wake up and suck what little life is left out of Sheppard.

And AU Todd. What can I say - I hate what was done to him, and it killed me to see him like that, though I kept reminding myself that it wasn't 'our' Todd. Still, I see a similar fate for our Todd...I really doubt that the writers/creators intend to keep him alive. They prefer to kill things.

Still, we got a little insight into the workings of a Wraith mind. The busy comment reminded me of 'busy bees' - I've always thought of the Wraith as unsettled, always doing something during their waking years and not content to just sit back and relax. Also thoughts of hope, hunger, and defiance tasting like life itself...all nice insights, but in a very depressing setting.

The episode was great - but dark, and in the end, too depressing for me to walk away from it with a good feeling.

That's all for now. Overall, as good as it was, it has me down. Me and depression are old pals, and when a tv show starts making that 'friendship' worse...well...yeah. It's probably a good thing that it's almost over.

das
            sigpic

Comment

An alternate reality can have infinite possibilities. So given the fact that Sheppard is a homicide detective, the Wraith came to Earth, and Woolsey is an FBI agent, I say it's fair to assume that enough differs from the 'normal' reality that either Sheppard wasn't needed or someone else took his place in saving Atlantis all those times.

Comment

I don't know about best episode ever, but I thought it was absolutely brilliant. I loved the plot and its tie in to next week's episode. I would have to say the best episode of season 5 still goes to "The Shrine", with this coming in a close second.
                WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
                  Why not they have a new series : "Stargate CSI: Vegas"?
                  Funny you mention that, the original working title for the episode was 'CSI Atlantis'.

http://gateworld.net/atlantis/s5/519.shtml (first bullet under 'news and spoilers')

Comment

It's definitely in my top five! The music sold it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      Anyone catch Brad Wright playing blackjack?
                      yep. I thought I was seeing things at first.

Comment

I am in the "Shep lives" at the end.. universe!
                        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Kudos to Joe Flanigan. Call me a fangirl, but I thought he was terrific in this alternate reality. Johnny Cash poster and song tie-in to the story broke my heart.

McKay was less whiny in this reality and Woolsey was more decisive - fun to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                            I believe that it was a Camaro. Not sure about the year, probably 70's-80's?
                            Reminds me of the car James Garner drove in "The Rockford Files".

Comment

i thought it was a really good episode. i like the music and plus i felt like this really like part one of a two part episode.

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                                Yup, and Robert C. Cooper was seen in the background facing towards the camera playing at the same table as Wright. It was hard to see, but you can make it out as Cooper.
                                Joel Goldsmith was in the poker game as well.
                                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                                Individuality is freedom lived.
                                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
                                X