This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
    OH MY FREKING GOSH!! Atlantis is NOT a SOAP OPERA!!!! *bangs head against wall*
    I hate love triangles in sci-fi! *fumes*

That said... moving on.

This episode was watchable, not outstanding, but not boring either. Loved that we got to meet another Runner! I really liked this character for some reason. He struck me as a guy who isn't a warrior at heart (like Ronon) but a down to earth family man who has been forced into living the life of a fugitive by the wraith. I was sad that he sacrificed himself... I was oh so desperately hoping that the gate would come back on and he'd come running though, having lost the wraith on the other side.

Aside from that... it was an ok episode. Rodney cracks me up... but at the same time, I've noticed this interesting trend lately of the writers doing comic relief with pauses on just one character (seen mostly with woolsey), not sure how to explain it though.

Anyway... I enjoyed it. Could have been better *cough*no love triangles*cough*, but overall I'd give it a 3 out of 5 (just because I like the runner character--cannot spell his name for the life of me--ok, ok, I admit... he was pretty damn good looking ).

Did I mention that I really hate soapy love triangles? They have their place... and in OTHER SHOWS that they are suited for I like them. I will ship... in fanfic, but ugh, this whole Rodney loves Keller (I keep noticing how I refuse to use her first name, even when I think about her) is getting way overdone... and now Ronon in the mix? *gags*

Ok... I'll stop ranting. If you haven't guessed... I'm incredibly anti-keller
    I quite agree with all of the above! In other shows I do like the romance stuff, but Atlantis (imo) just can't do it well to save their lives, it just comes across so badly.

I am the same, I cannot use Keller's first name either, that would kinda cement the fact that she is a regular and I just can't accept that (still! )

Her fighting off a wraith is just laughable though, just so over the top ridiculous imo I just had to laugh!

Originally posted by Lenas View Post
    Me too
    It's Keller and nothing else, and she is not part of The TEAM!

Always feel welcome over to the anti Keller thread
    We have so much fun!
    What she said
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
      Yep. The same Rodney. You said he cracked under pressure originally. I disagree with that.

From Inferno:

You will never hear me say calm and Rodney in the same sentence. Rodney isn't calm in any situation least of all when he thinks his life is threatened. However, he does do his best work in those situations.
      I'll grant you that.

As for Sheppard telling him what to do in The Defiant One, Sheppard said reload which Rodney did. At least Rodney's learned to reload. He just suddenly lost the ability to do so in Tracker.

What cloudy judgment? What decision did he make that was clouded by Keller being threatened?
      No he didn't. As stated Rodney does not stay calm all the time and the circumstances you gave are different. In this case Rodney was alone by himself and he got really agitated. Also the life of a woman he really cares for was in jeopardy.

Point me to the ep where Shep hasn't read his memo or skimps on his paperwork.
      Ok I will it's First Strike.

Regardless, I wasn't intending that I thought Shep had the paperwork filled out in triplicate. I simply don't buy that he doesn't know the makeup of the teams he is responsible for. Especially when they are commanded by someone who just arrived in Pegasus.
      All commanders don't know the name, serial numbers and rank of every single person under their command especially if that commander is not on base that often and is out in the field. The example I gave shows that.

I agree this was a unique situation. All the more reason to keep her guard up. The Wraith are her mortal enemies, and she is without her people, her team, her weapons - anything she would normally rely on. No way she lets down her guard.
      She was trying to keep up appearances and he was twice her size and twice as strong.

She stuck a knife in him then got backhanded and tossed across the room. Wasn't much of a fight. This isn't the first time she's fought Wraith hand-to-hand. This is just the first time she's failed so miserably at it. She just seemed to forget how to defend herself.
      I disagree.

Yeah, that sounds like Ronon.

I agree - he is part of the team. Whether he has romantic feelings for Keller or not aside, I do think he cares for her as a person and as a member of the expedition. All the more reason for him to be at his best instead of having a schoolyard fight in the middle of a Wraith hunt. Keller is screaming at the top of her lungs for them to stop. Nothing about that would draw the Wraith. Perfectly good plan.
      He was high on adrenaline and he wanted him to pay for kidnapping Keller. When Ronon gets like that reason goes out the window same as Teal'c would have done.

Then we shall agree to disagree.
      That I can agree with.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Oh and p.s. I'm still pretty pissed that Teyla was missing in two of the last three eps
        I missed Teyla too! we need more teyla.
        Oh as for tracker I loved it...except for the fact Mckay was in it! THE MAN WHINES TOO MUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          I missed Teyla too! we need more teyla.
          Oh as for tracker I loved it...except for the fact Mckay was in it! THE MAN WHINES TOO MUCH!
          The only good theing about tracker was Ronon and the hot new runner guy......Why can't we keep him
          sigpic

Comment

It's episodes like these that reinforce why the show got cancelled. These people just don't know how to do sci-fi sometimes. Actually, make that 'most of the time'.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              The only good theing about tracker was Ronon and the hot new runner guy......Why can't we keep him
              I know huh! He was really hot

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=105

excerpt:

"I’d always been wanting to do a follow up episode to ‘Missing’, like a year later,” he explains. “I was trying to come up with a story in which I could once again throw Keller into some sort of difficult situation, facing adversity, so I could show how being a part of Atlantis for a year has changed her. She’s no longer the fish out of water, but somebody who can roll with it and face it. So I really wanted to show how she had changed. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to do that. Obviously, she’s afraid, but she’s also taking charge of the situation. One, she’s trying to escape, and two, she’s trying to deal with this guy, and show some strength in the middle of this adversity.”

REST AT LINK ABOVE

oH, DON'T know if anyone pointed this out yet, but the actor who played the tracker played a bounty hunter in an SG1 episode - in fact, the episode just aired yesterday on SciFi (the one where Cam is back home and vala's with him at the school reunion)

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                  I know huh! He was really hot
                  Yep....I wouldn't mind seeing him again
                  sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode.

Liked seeing another 'runner' and lots of Wraith again. I recognized him from SG1 and, yes, I would like to see him back too.

The 'tracker' Wraith seemed to have disappeared for a while. Those long coats are just too 'bad a$$'.

Rodney was Rodney and for once I found him funny. Whiny again, yes. I haven't come to expect much more. But, Ronan offset some of the annoyance. I liked them on the screen together. I'm just glad to have an episode without much of Sheppard for once.

I do like the fact that both men are after Keller and are knowingly competing for her in a 'gentlemanly manner'. I wonder how long the 'gentlemanly manner' will last and who will start to play dirty first? My bet is on Rodney playing dirty first. And that will be why he loses her.

I also wonder, does Keller know both Ronan and Rodney know both are after her?

Good stories have lots of room for lots of plot lines. The underlying romance didn't take away from the rest of the episode, IMO. It gave some added layers.

Comment

Let's get through this one real quick...

The Good:
                      >The organic-looking teleporter. Foreshadowing, anyone?
                      >Those beautiful shots of the alien world we call Vancouver.
                      >Keller being able to fight, albeit very slowly using very basic moves. At least they worked. Teyla's got her evolving tech skills and Keller's learning to fight. Very good.
                      >He may be a good runner, but he's a horrible doll-maker. Still, bless. He tried.

The Bad:
                      >Hanging lampshades seems to be the writers' technique of choice this season. They did it in 'Whispers' drawing attention to the fact that the show was a horror movie, and they did it here with Rodney pointing out his very role in the whole thing: at some point, there'll be some tech problem and he'll fix it. Ugh.
                      >Whiney Rodney. Angry Ronon. Dim-witted Keller. A 'Trio' I'd rather not encounter again. Oh, for an episode with Woolsey, Teyla and Lorne [or Zelenka] trapped somewhere. Mckay complained, Ronon tried to kill a man who he'd already figured out Keller was helping AND there was a child involved, Keller tried to run away at a leisurely pace from an armed kidnapper and is in awe of a teleporter. It was bad enough the first time, never again.
                      >The final scene with the two guys agreeing to compete for Keller's heart. Ugh. "Ug want Una. Ug and Og fight for her!" Where's her say in this? Who says she's interested in either of them? She needs to appear with another doctor or tech having dinner or a kiss and shatter both of their delusions, or just verbally rip them to shreds for acting like little boys fighting over a toy.
                      >The runner was seriously gonna drag that kid around for the rest of her no doubt short life? What is this? Lone Wolf and Cub? Drop the girl off at the first village and get outta there! Perhaps he wanted to keep some semblance of a normal life with him, someone to care for, etc. but this is the wrong way to do it. Poor guy. Dang Wraith!
                      >The Kawoosh: It's just half an effect that gets reversed. Looked quite cheesy in this episode.
                      >Is this the way we use main characters who have no part in the actual story, bring them in for the first and last scene?
                      >And where was Teyla?! Honeymoon?

The Verdict:
                      >The Wraith action was cool. The teleporter was very cool. I liked the new runner. Nothing else to report. I won't be rewatching this one. Save us, Daniel!!!!!
                      Last edited by nx01a; 28 September 2008, 10:55 AM.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                        I really enjoyed this episode.

Liked seeing another 'runner' and lots of Wraith again. I recognized him from SG1 and, yes, I would like to see him back too.

The 'tracker' Wraith seemed to have disappeared for a while. Those long coats are just too 'bad a$$'.

Rodney was Rodney and for once I found him funny. Whiny again, yes. I haven't come to expect much more. But, Ronan offset some of the annoyance. I liked them on the screen together. I'm just glad to have an episode without much of Sheppard for once.

I do like the fact that both men are after Keller and are knowingly competing for her in a 'gentlemanly manner'. I wonder how long the 'gentlemanly manner' will last and who will start to play dirty first? My bet is on Rodney playing dirty first. And that will be why he loses her.

I also wonder, does Keller know both Ronan and Rodney know both are after her?

Good stories have lots of room for lots of plot lines. The underlying romance didn't take away from the rest of the episode, IMO. It gave some added layers.
                        I have to agree.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well i watched my second ep of the season (the rest showed while i was still in Iraq/Kuwait) and here are my thoughts. I loved how they had this 'runner' showig remorse for his actions by taking on the kid, much like how Ronin had remorse for his bringing the wraith down on that one village back in Sadeta.
                          I also liked how they made the guy the same as that bounty hunter from early SG1. He was a good fighter.
                          My only dislike is how they ended it. We will never know if he survives, but i would like to know if the 'shock' keller gave him disabled the tracking device, or just shut it down for a while..

Comment

1. I like the transporter trick.

2. Way to make it blatent early on that McKay and Dex are just on this trip to compete for Keller's attention - not sure I liked that angle.

3. Sort of liked Kiryk but wasn't sure just what he was planning to do with the kid long term.

4. Ouch those spikes looked sharp.

Generally decent apart from the whole ship thing, not as good as last week though.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Late, I know... and I'm not going to read through a gazillion pages, I will have forgotten what I wanted to say.

I just watched Tracker - wow, was that interesting?

A few points:

* Keller wasn't as annoying as I would have thought. I think I kinda ... not really liked her, but not really disliked her either. *shrug*

* Ronon and Rodney running around the forest was hilarious. Too bad it wasn't a team episode. I'm sure there could have been room for Sheppard and Teyla to tag along somehow.

* Ronon's definitely yanking McKay's chain at the end of this episode.

* cool teleportation device, too bad it was nothing but a mere mention/plotdevice and we won't hear from or see it again.

This was an average to meh episode. No Teyla doesn't generally score high in my list.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Okay, mm, Im quite late here, but I thought it would be good to start posting about my favourite epsiode so far. Of course favourite episode in Season 5 ...
                                Tracker wasn't bad, I've enjoyed it ... despite that same forest again and again ... but the best thing about this one was Kiryk and I think he would deserve a better storyline to be built around him. Better than to be a 'stunt' in a love-triangle story.
                                I kinda liked Keller's character development. Kaylee still rocks but Keller started to be worth watching too ... better late than never.
                                Last edited by Ava H.; 24 January 2009, 11:21 AM.
                                Kiryk "The Runner" forever -- http://www.facebook.com/login.php#/g...id=38626487069

http://www.unicef.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X