Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this was a good episode, but Keller ninja fighting ruined it. Remeber when Teyla was fighting wraith commander in 105 with sticks? She was able to fight with him for few seconds, then Wraith beat her and now Keller was able to do the same and wraith didn't beat her. This was lame and stupid. Good work TPTB, you made this episode(which was quite good till this) lame and stupid in the very ending

Wraith used to be stronger than ordinary human, but now, they're even weaker
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode. After Whispers this is an AMAZING episode. I had a little problem with McKay being a 'chicken,' coz I don't see him like that (at least not any more), so that's the only thing I didn't like, but he stepped up to the plate eventually.

Loved the talk between Ronon and Rodney throughout but the final scene was great!
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

after the two realy dramatic episodes it was so hard to get back into this show
        last week the queen was a bit bad still and didnt get to into the show looked like bad acting
        now this weeks episode was just great and it looks like they will start to get better and better
        was good that they made a new friend with nice skills but sad that he saved the atlantis team and run away
        i hope we will see him agein would be fun to see ronan and the new guy side by side in some wraith action

one more thing to add is that
        when will rodney learn to shoot a gun da** it have been 4.5 years in there and have serious wraith attacks and still not learned to aim and shoot not just shoot and dont watch where
        sorry about my lack of language skills as it is not my daily language and have learned it by my self as not from any help of others or a school

Comment

I enjoyed this episode much more than I expected to. What I really liked was the action/suspense element of it. That was very well done. I could have done without the romance thing, because I just don't see it, but I understand that's my interpretation (and what I'd heard about the love triangle was what had made me expect not to like the ep).

This episode was also the first SGA ep that made me scream out loud. Not just a squeak or an Eep!, but full scream. Remember that scene, after they avoid the swinging spiked log, and it comes *back* and almost gets Rodney in the back of the head? I Screamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
            Atlantis is turning into a run-of-the-mill SciFi show where the team goes on a random adventure every week, and usually it revolves around a certain number of characters getting stuck together in one way or the other.
            It's been like that since Season 2.

Comment

Another good episode for season 5, it was it's own independant story, but harked back to Runner.
              Bit of a breather until next weeks big one.

I thoroughly enjoyed this weeks episode.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                this was a good episode, but Keller ninja fighting ruined it. Remeber when Teyla was fighting wraith commander in 105 with sticks? She was able to fight with him for few seconds, then Wraith beat her and now Keller was able to do the same and wraith didn't beat her. This was lame and stupid. Good work TPTB, you made this episode(which was quite good till this) lame and stupid in the very ending

Wraith used to be stronger than ordinary human, but now, they're even weaker
                If McKay had not shot the wraith it would have had Keller eventually, all she did was attack him (saving McKay) and fend off his attacks with defensive moves. I don't see how it was stupid, if anything after 'Missing' I think it was fitting for Keller to have taken up self defense lessons with either Teyla (she couldn't because of pregnancy) or Ronon and that is what happened, people have mentioned that she should have been better prepared for off world travel, well now clearly she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
                  If McKay had not shot the wraith it would have had Keller eventually, all she did was attack him (saving McKay) and fend off his attacks with defensive moves. I don't see how it was stupid, if anything after 'Missing' I think it was fitting for Keller to have taken up self defense lessons with either Teyla (she couldn't because of pregnancy) or Ronon and that is what happened, people have mentioned that she should have been better prepared for off world travel, well now clearly she is.
                  Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank You!
                  sigpic

Comment

That was the single most disgusting end to anything I have ever seen in my entire life. I'm having CSI/GSR flashbacks.

First: Rodney dissing is not cool. This whole "she likes Ronon better than me, wah" is not only humiliating Rodney, but playing the two against each other by not making it clear to one of them that he's the one and the other is just a friend is making Keller look even worse.

Second: Conan Ronon is not cool. Ronon already established the guy wasn't actively a threat to Keller (since he didn't kill her and she left with him when he awoke instead of bailing) so for him to launch into Kill! Kill! Kill! makes him look like a caveman. Sateda was at least a WWII level of development and Ronon grasps the basics of alternate dimensions, remember? Making him Cro-Magnon is up there with the Rodney dissing.

Third: That ending sucked. It was the heavy-handed Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Suddenly-now writing that has charaterized the whole season thus far. We haven't seen Ronon pay one second's worth of attention to Keller since "Quarantine" short of "good job" in "The Shrine." Now we're told she's taken sparring from him, which is time, but we haven't seen Ronon behave like he's into her. He's just treated her like a colleague.

Rodney, on the other hand, had a drink with her. And while one drink and a brain-damaged confession of love do not make a ship, it does establish that there is interest. Keller certainly had Rodney-interest all over the place in "Doppleganger," "Trio," and "The Shrine" (the utter lack of medical ethics of her continuing to be the primary decision maker instead of a consultant while simultaneously starting a romantic relationship on top of her previous HIPAA violations nonwithstanding).

So why, oh why, does Captain Observant who knew about Kanaan way before anyone else NOT NOTICE she's into Rodney? Ronon isn't even sure he has intentions and he's not just stepping aside for the man who definitely has real intentions? What happened to the honorable Good Friend Ronon? Why does he have intentions for her anyway, because she reminds him of Melena? That's transferrence, not love.

TPTB haven't answered any of those questions. It's just suddenly The Guys are Fighting over Keller, with no buildup or lead in at all.

And "lets let her decide" -- good fricking God. What utter tripe. God forbid Rodney just sit Keller down like an adult and ask her what's going on with Ronon, if anything.

I love the fandom, but the way TPTB are taking this show sucks. If this season wasn't the last season, it would be my last.

DragonLady
                    "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                      That was the single most disgusting end to anything I have ever seen in my entire life. I'm having CSI/GSR flashbacks.

First: Rodney dissing is not cool. This whole "she likes Ronon better than me, wah" is not only humiliating Rodney, but playing the two against each other by not making it clear to one of them that he's the one and the other is just a friend is making Keller look even worse.
                      Rodney's not exactly Brad Pitt, why would he act overconfident in that situation?

Second: Conan Ronon is not cool. Ronon already established the guy wasn't actively a threat to Keller (since he didn't kill her and she left with him when he awoke instead of bailing) so for him to launch into Kill! Kill! Kill! makes him look like a caveman. Sateda was at least a WWII level of development and Ronon grasps the basics of alternate dimensions, remember? Making him Cro-Magnon is up there with the Rodney dissing.
                      Well maybe you wouldn't attack somebody who'd kidnapped one of the few friends you have but I would.

Third: That ending sucked. It was the heavy-handed Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Suddenly-now writing that has charaterized the whole season thus far. We haven't seen Ronon pay one second's worth of attention to Keller since "Quarantine" short of "good job" in "The Shrine." Now we're told she's taken sparring from him, which is time, but we haven't seen Ronon behave like he's into her. He's just treated her like a colleague.
                      No idea what that bolded part means.
                      Ronon hasn't shown any interest in her because he's not. At least not in the way Rodney was talking about when Ronon was messing with him.

Rodney, on the other hand, had a drink with her. And while one drink and a brain-damaged confession of love do not make a ship, it does establish that there is interest. Keller certainly had Rodney-interest all over the place in "Doppleganger," "Trio," and "The Shrine" (the utter lack of medical ethics of her continuing to be the primary decision maker instead of a consultant while simultaneously starting a romantic relationship on top of her previous HIPAA violations nonwithstanding).

So why, oh why, does Captain Observant who knew about Kanaan way before anyone else NOT NOTICE she's into Rodney? Ronon isn't even sure he has intentions and he's not just stepping aside for the man who definitely has real intentions? What happened to the honorable Good Friend Ronon? Why does he have intentions for her anyway, because she reminds him of Melena? That's transferrence, not love.
                      Again - there's nothing to suggest Ronon's interested in her but a scene that lead me (and others) to believe Ronon was just messing with Rodney.

TPTB haven't answered any of those questions. It's just suddenly The Guys are Fighting over Keller, with no buildup or lead in at all.
                      All tptb have done is show that Rodney feels insecure compared to the stronger members of his team.

And "lets let her decide" -- good fricking God. What utter tripe. God forbid Rodney just sit Keller down like an adult and ask her what's going on with Ronon, if anything.
                      that's the same thing.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I have to say it wasn't a bad episode despite the fact that Keller was in it.

I don't understand, something in Kyrik's logic, he couldn't tell the Atlantis team that he had a sick girl with him and that he was a runner. But he could trust them to save the little girl.

Why didn't Rodney get the gate address for that teleportation device?

Does it work like the Sodan cloaking device? If it does how do they account for there not being any mutated animals in the forest? So I guess it doesn't but it would be nice to know how.

How does Rodney fix an extremely complicated obviously shorted out hand device with a Pocket knife or whatever he was using?

Finally, for those that think Kyrik is dead, you are very wrong. He is a runner. When we first met Ronan he explained that the wraith had a hard time absorbing his life source so they made him a runner for their sport. I imagine that they would have recaptured Kyrik, reimplanted him and sent him out for another hunt. They were not out to kill him per say.

Romance: HUm, when it comes down to it, Keller isn't staying in Pegasus forever (unless the producers kill her off, to my greatful thanks) so she practically will never completely fall for Ronan because he isn't going to go to earth.

I want more travelllers. More story about them and their culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          Again - there's nothing to suggest Ronon's interested in her but a scene that lead me (and others) to believe Ronon was just messing with Rodney.
                          Mmmm. If the spoilers didn't refer to "the many loves of Keller," I would buy that. I certainly like that idea better, even if it means Ronon's an a**hole.

The "heavy-handed Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Suddenly-now" is in reference to lack of leadup TPTB are displaying in with Keller in S4 and now her ships in S5. Keller was decisive and commanding in and emergency "Adrift," then suddenly and without warning she was a flailing disaster who couldn't follow directions. Then suddenly and without warning she was interested in Ronon in "Quarantine." Then suddenly and without warning she was flouting HIPAA to flirt with Rodney even though she followed it with Teyla in "Missing." Then suddenly without warning Rodney "loves her for a while" her even though they had one drink (and Keller watching that vid over and over again was just sickening for me -- she's a doctor, he has brain damage, huh?). Then suddenly and without warning McKay and Keller aren't together even though she seemed really interested in "The Shrine." Suddenly and without warning Keller and Ronon have been spending all this time together, just like suddenly and without warning Keller's okay in a fight.

Instead of showing the viewer character and plot development (having a scene of Keller and Ronon sparring a few eps after "Missing" or at least having Teyla point her in that direction, having one of them mention a date or two before the love-thing, not having Keller suddenly oblivious to McKay's attentions after the fruit-cup thing (because if she's pretending the vid never happened I'll give her points for that)) they just backref it after the fact. That's lazy writing. It's forced.

Even without all that, there's still been a dearth of Team eps and that... is just disgusting.

DragonLady
                          "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Ramses818 View Post
                            I have to say it wasn't a bad episode despite the fact that Keller was in it.

I don't understand, something in Kyrik's logic, he couldn't tell the Atlantis team that he had a sick girl with him and that he was a runner. But he could trust them to save the little girl.
                            He didn't really trust her at first. He was kidnapping her to make her do it. It took her a while to convince him before he was willing to trust her. Hope that helps

Why didn't Rodney get the gate address for that teleportation device?
                            They didn't really have time for that, I guess.

Does it work like the Sodan cloaking device? If it does how do they account for there not being any mutated animals in the forest? So I guess it doesn't but it would be nice to know how.
                            No, the Sodan cloak used alternate dimensions. The teleportation device worked more like short-range beaming technology.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Mmmm. If the spoilers didn't refer to "the many loves of Keller," I would buy that. I certainly like that idea better, even if it means Ronon's an a**hole.

The "heavy-handed Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Suddenly-now" is in reference to lack of leadup TPTB are displaying in with Keller in S4 and now her ships in S5. Keller was decisive and commanding in and emergency "Adrift," then suddenly and without warning she was a flailing disaster who couldn't follow directions.
                              I don't see an inconsistency there. When she's shown the decisiveness it's been in regard to situations any doctor would be familiar with. When she's had trouble it's involved alien situations that none of them have faced before, like 'The Seed'

Then suddenly and without warning she was interested in Ronon in "Quarantine." Then suddenly and without warning she was flouting HIPAA to flirt with Rodney even though she followed it with Teyla in "Missing." Then suddenly without warning Rodney "loves her for a while" her even though they had one drink (and Keller watching that vid over and over again was just sickening for me -- she's a doctor, he has brain damage, huh?). Then suddenly and without warning McKay and Keller aren't together even though she seemed really interested in "The Shrine." Suddenly and without warning Keller and Ronon have been spending all this time together, just like suddenly and without warning Keller's okay in a fight.
                              The only thing I'll say about this is that all of that stuff has happened over the last 2 seasons (4&5) so it's not really that sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
                                Ï have no problem with this. But read my last sentence. The Wraith are supposed to be stronger than humans, but apparently this one wasn't. I'm not trying to find every illogical mistake in every episode for some time, but this was really lame.
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X