Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
    Fourth-ed. Any pron involving McKay and Weir gets my vote
    Oh dear... what can of worms have I opened up this time...?

Is there a secret sect of Weir-McKay shipper that I don't know about?

(I thought the only ships were Weir-Shepard related?)

On a completely unrelated note, I was watching SG1 today and saw that replicator chick (the second one that went through after Fran)... She got killed in that episode too... TPTB not only reuse the same actors, but they are killed again and again... Man it's tough to be an SG extra.

Comment

Oh, no, McWeir is very much real.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
        Turn McKay into a replicator... Then he'll cyber with Fran-Weir-whatever...

Then Keller gets angry and sleeps with Ronan, John, and Teyla.

... At the same time.
        That's something I'd pay to see

Originally posted by janiecat View Post
        Well, you're right... and wrong. Your brain (as an organ) does not have the ability to regenerate. What it *does* have, however, is the ability to rewire itself and create new neural pathways around the damaged areas. That's why doctors can never predict with any degree of accuracy exactly how long, or to what an extent any person's brain injury will affect them *individually*.

I should know, I've suffered brain injury and I'm back. Pretty much whole and functioning.
        Originally posted by ph30nix View Post
        actualy it never said the cells were dead or damaged, just rendered dormant
        In other words, his 'IQ' would return, but his memories would remain lost forever. But that doesn't matter much, as in real life, Rodney would probably die from the wound being infected infection (as Keller pointed out)

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          In other words, his 'IQ' would return, but his memories would remain lost forever. But that doesn't matter much, as in real life, Rodney would probably die from the wound being infected infection (as Keller pointed out)
          I cringed when I saw that 'field' surgery. I hope they at least sterilized the drill bit! At least they wore gloves, but there was no sterile field at all. At the very least, the doc should have set up some kind of surgical drapes, etc. I mean, I understand dramatic license, but please...

Comment

Another nice thing:

The drills used in drilling machines are made from a steel designated '19552' (in the Czech Republic). Medical drills are made from steel X50CrMoV15 (that might be an international designation). According to the difference in physical properties of the drills and the machines themselves, Rodney's skull should've been crushed to pieces during the 'operation'

Comment

I suppose US drills are different then?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                I suppose US drills are different then?
                The only difference is in the material's designation. The chemical composition and physical properties are the same

Comment

Offworld drills, then?

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                    Tell that to Beckett, Weir and Ford.
                    Yes but McKay can't die...Then it won't be the Rodney McKay show anymore
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      Tell that to Beckett, Weir and Ford.
                      Beckett isn't dead, he's cloned. Weir isn't dead, she's cosmetically changed to a younger, (relatively) better looking version. Lastly, we don't know if Ford is dead or not. For all we know, Ford might have escaped the explosion, crash landed on a near by planet and lost all his memory and was taken in by the local residences.

In fact, I think Ford might come back eventually, saving John by accident...

Or maybe he gets mixed up with Michael and end up becoming a super-super soldier... Or something.

Or maybe he finds Weir in space and decides to rescue her and they fall in love...

Comment

Beckett is dead. Stone dead.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Beckett is dead. Stone dead.
                          What are you talking about? Didn't he come back as a clone and saved Dr. Keller?

You crazy.

Comment

But he is not Beckett. Granted he is simiiar but not the same. I imagine all time with Mike changed him
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              But he is not Beckett. Granted he is simiiar but not the same. I imagine all time with Mike changed him
                              He's a clone. That means a replica. Also, they fixed all the changes Michael made to him, so he is now 100% Beckett.

(Though this Beckett did not physically French kiss McKay, that memory still remains fresh in his mind...)

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
                                (I thought the only ships were Weir-Shepard related?)
                                Spoiler:
                                Bite your tongue. That Most Hated of Atlantis Ships must never be mentioned at all. Ever. It's the second most nausiating ships in SG-dom, right after Sam'n'Sir.

McKay-Weir is one of the earliest and most prolific pairings in all of Atlantis. It (like all other ships) was eventually overtaken and subsumed by the monolithic titan that is McShep slash fiction.
                                sigpic
                                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Working...
                                X