Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe a Rodney episode...BUT also a Keller episode!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    Nu Uh! He is alive Because Jeanie INSISTED that they take him to the Shrine!
    So, he should be angry at Keller for being the only one who was actively trying to save his life, and he should thank Jeannie for choosing the option that she felt 100% certain would kill him.

Yeah, that's sound logic.
    Theoretically spoilerish:
    Spoiler:
    Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Severen View Post

The best Doctor in the galaxy? You mean the Doctor who never actually manages to solve any of the medical emergencies without some outside intervention to bail her out? You mean the Doctor who recently covered up her own medical condition that then mutated and put the whole station at risk, and everyone on it? You mean the Doctor who has to be talked into actually trying to save someone's life, even when there's clearly no other option? You mean the Doctor who lets her own personal feelings frequently cloud her judgment?

Oh, yeah, she's a real peach...

The one who saved his life with a power drill and a life sign scanner and has been shown as nothing but competent in the show?

Yeah, she IS a real peach.
      Spoiler:
      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        He would have been dead because of Keller only Jeannie stepped in..
        Why is no one accepting that Jeannie and Ronon lucked into it? They'd GIVEN UP.

Everyone keeps saying "Keller's lucky she was forced into it." Jeannie and Ronon are damn lucky the shrine happened to play into saving his life, because if it hadn't, they would have lived the rest of their own lives with the knowledge that one day of sanity before death was TORTURE for Rodney (just as Keller knew it would be).
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

IF IF IF she had listened to Ronon and Teyla... Everything that happened at the end of the episode would have happened SOONER.

Go to the planet! See the radiation was different and see how it effected the parasite.

And boom she would have drilled a nice scarless hole in Rodney's head that we will never hear about again! ooky parasite oozed out, slapped a band aid on his head an took the party home and got to be happy to not have a funeral!

SHE WAS WRONG!

P.S The first thing Ronon did when Jeanie got there was tell her about the shrine! ( Teyla and Ronon LIVE in the P.G. and know what they are talking about!)
          Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I love all these people saying ''oh, it was Ronon and Jeannie who saved her, because it was their idea to go to the shrine''. It's like when someone's trying to open a jar, but they can't, so they get someone else to do it. Then when the other person opens it easily, they claim it's because they loosened it first.

Some people will just hate Keller no matter what happens.

And they're still ignoring this one fact:
            AS FAR AS THEY KNEW, THE SHRINE WOULD KILL RODNEY. ALL THEY THOUGHT IT WOULD DO WOULD GIVE HIM ONE LAST DAY. IT WAS NEVER A SOLUTION TO HIS PROBLEM. IT WAS A WAY FOR THEM TO SAY GOODBYE. IT WAS NOT WHAT RODNEY WANTED

Honestly, I wouldn't want one last day of clear thinking to say goodbye to people, that would just depress me. Rodney was so far gone that he could have died peacefully back on Atlantis, while Keller had a few moer days to try and find a cure.

Comment

There was no cure for her to find!

Some people are just going to pat her on the head no matter what she does!

It is a good thing they went Right? The Shrine worked (High 5's for Ronon and Teyla and Jeanie) ( 1 and a half for "Tim the Toolman Taylor" For drilling into Rodney's head )

We get 15 more episodes with Rodney!
              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I give more credit to Ronon then keller. She has seen things she would have considered impossible before joining the SGC/IOA/Expedition. She should have not dismissed the shrine right away. Almost every season they encounter a bunch on abandoned ancient technology. I also blame the rest of the expedition for not bringing up the point it could be a piece of ancient tech

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                  ronon thought it would be an honourable way for his friend to die. he and sheppard just wanted rodney to enjoy his "last day". at the time, there wasn't a cure, so I see nothing wrong with that. I think rodney will forgive a little torture when it ended up saving his life.

if not for ronon's idea, keller wouldn't have been able to help rodney.
                  But the shrine wouldn't have saved his life. How hard is that to understand. They went in there knowing the shrine would of killed him. And if not the shrine, 10,000 wraith might have.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                  He would have been dead because of Keller only Jeannie stepped in..
                  Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                  It wasn't a matter of being "the one" to save him. Based on what everyone thought of the situation, no one else was TRYING to save him.

I feel like people aren't realizing that Ronon, Teyla, and Jeannie had no expectation or claim whatsoever that the shrine could save him. They thought they'd have their day, and then he'd die.

Jennifer wanted to save his life, and is the ONLY one who knew how Rodney would feel. She proved to be right.
                  QFT

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                  There was no cure for her to find!

Some people are just going to pat her on the head no matter what she does!

It is a good thing they went Right? The Shrine worked (High 5's for Ronon and Teyla and Jeanie) ( 1 and a half for "Tim the Toolman Taylor" For drilling into Rodney's head )

We get 15 more episodes with Rodney!
                  No it didn't. The Shrine did NOT SAVE HIS LIFE! I simply presented an opportunity for Keller to SAVE HIS LIFE!

Besides we do not know that she couldn't have come up with a cure or something.

If I ask you who saved Weir's life? Are all of you going to scream Keller? NO! You are going to scream Rodney because her was the one that fixed and reactivated the nanites. But it was Keller's idea.
                  Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
                  Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
                    But the shrine wouldn't have saved his life. How hard is that to understand. They went in there knowing the shrine would of killed him. And if not the shrine, 10,000 wraith might have.
                    could keller have helped him if not for radiation in the shrine making the parasite leave rodney? probably not. I never said the shrine would have saved rodney's life, but if it was you, would you rather have given him a last day of clarity or let him deteriorate and go "insane" on atlantis? technically, the shrine was exactly what rodney wanted. on the pier, he tells sheppard to remember him as his "genius friend", well the shrine gave that opportunity... but rodney must not have thought of that (which is understandable).

Besides we do not know that she couldn't have come up with a cure or something.
                    doesn't keller say she'd be unable to cure rodney in the beginning of the episode? she then later said rodney would start going downhill faster and faster. to me, that isn't promising.

If I ask you who saved Weir's life? Are all of you going to scream Keller? NO! You are going to scream Rodney because her was the one that fixed and reactivated the nanites. But it was Keller's idea.
                    and without keller's idea, rodney most likely would not have been able to. it's also true of ronon's idea and keller's actions, one could not have happened without the other.

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                    I give more credit to Ronon then keller. She has seen things she would have considered impossible before joining the SGC/IOA/Expedition. She should have not dismissed the shrine right away.
                    Last edited by naamiaiset; 24 August 2008, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Re who should get credit for saving McKay. What personally impressed me most about this episode was how every character made a significant contribution to saving Rodney's life:

Ronon: Told them about the Shrine and its effects and convinced Jeannie to take McKay there. Shot the parasite at the end.
                      Teyla: Backed up Ronon's story about the shrine and also helped convinced Jeannie and Woolsey.
                      Woolsey: Approved the mission to the shrine even though he still seemed a little skeptical.
                      Keller: Realized the shrine gave off radiation that shrank the parasite, giving her the chance to remove it. Performed the operation and removed the parasite despite difficult conditions.
                      Sheppard: Put together plan that would allow them to reach shrine despite the Wraith presence. Figured out how to let Keller operate in cave despite limited equipment.
                      Jeannie: Trusted Ronon and Teyla about the shrine. Helped Keller figure out the shrine gave off radiation that affected the parasite. Modified the life-signs detector.

So to me, everyone contributed to saving Rodney's life, whether it was done intentionally or incidentally doesn't really matter to me.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                        Re who should get credit for saving McKay. What personally impressed me most about this episode was how every character made a significant contribution to saving Rodney's life:

Ronon: Told them about the Shrine and its effects and convinced Jeannie to take McKay there. Shot the parasite at the end.
                        Teyla: Backed up Ronon's story about the shrine and also helped convinced Jeannie and Woolsey.
                        Woolsey: Approved the mission to the shrine even though he still seemed a little skeptical.
                        Keller: Realized the shrine gave off radiation that shrank the parasite, giving her the chance to remove it. Performed the operation and removed the parasite despite difficult conditions.
                        Sheppard: Put together plan that would allow them to reach shrine despite the Wraith presence. Figured out how to let Keller operate in cave despite limited equipment.
                        Jeannie: Trusted Ronon and Teyla about the shrine. Helped Keller figure out the shrine gave off radiation that affected the parasite. Modified the life-signs detector.

So to me, everyone contributed to saving Rodney's life, whether it was done intentionally or incidentally doesn't really matter to me.
                        AGREED! And besides this episode started off with me saying that this was a great Keller episode.
                        Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
                        Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Hindsight is 20/20 folks. Remember that.

Originally posted by Severen View Post

The best Doctor in the galaxy? You mean the Doctor who never actually manages to solve any of the medical emergencies without some outside intervention to bail her out?
                          You mean her medical team?

You mean the Doctor who recently covered up her own medical condition that then mutated and put the whole station at risk, and everyone on it?
                          Not this again. She was affected, mentally, by the Seed. It was said right in the episode.

You mean the Doctor who has to be talked into actually trying to save someone's life, even when there's clearly no other option?
                          When did this happen?

You mean the Doctor who lets her own personal feelings frequently cloud her judgment?
                          Frequently? And in medical matters? Give me a few more instances of this.

See, I think she was being too hard on herself in this episode, because I have no idea how they could've found out McKay was sick. The scans found nothing, and a small change in personality really doesn't mean much. So he's nicer; well, he just got back from being almost frozen to death, and he himself provided the excuse that he didn't get much sleep or food beforehand. Even the early stages of memory loss wouldn't have been a big deal because we all forget things sometimes. Keller had no one to blame but the the parasite and its effects for how long it took to figure it out.

Wraith, replicators, alternate dimensions, clones, Keller herself mutating, mystery illnesses... As I said in an earlier post, with everything the team has encountered, Keller (and Sheppard and Woolsey, to be fair ) had trouble believing in a shrine?
                          All those things had a basis in science; magic shrines don't.

if not for ronon's idea, keller wouldn't have been able to help rodney.
                          And if it wasn't for Lorne and that scientist in Runner, we wouldn't have found Ronon.

And if it wasn't for Daniel who saved Lorne's and a bunch of other people's lives from the Unas in Enemy Mine, Lorne would've been killed.

And if it wasn't for Apophis coming through the Earth gate, O'Neill and his men would've never gone back to Abydos to fetch Daniel so he can join SG1.

So apparently Apophis saved McKay.

Or, we can just go with the obvious and say that Keller's surgery was ultimately responsible for saving McKay.

Buuuuut...I'll agree with some of the posters above and say everyone helped. There.

could keller have helped him if not for radiation in the shrine making the parasite leave rodney? probably not. I never said the shrine would have saved rodney's life, but if it was you, would you rather have given him a last day of clarity or let him deteriorate and go "insane" on atlantis? technically, the shrine was exactly what rodney wanted. on the pier, he tells sheppard to remember him as his "genius friend", well the shrine gave that opportunity... but rodney must not have thought of that (which is understandable).
                          Of course it's understandable, because it backs up your argument.

But what Rodney really said was that it was torture. Read into it all you want, but he said it loud and loud.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            And if it wasn't for Lorne and that scientist in Runner, we wouldn't have found Ronon.

And if it wasn't for Daniel who saved Lorne's and a bunch of other people's lives from the Unas in Enemy Mine, Lorne would've been killed.

And if it wasn't for Apophis coming through the Earth gate, O'Neill and his men would've never gone back to Abydos to fetch Daniel so he can join SG1.

So apparently Apophis saved McKay.

Or, we can just go with the obvious and say that Keller's surgery was ultimately responsible for saving McKay.
                            has anyone ever told you, you put too much thought into things?

Of course it's understandable, because it backs up your argument.

But what Rodney really said was that it was torture. Read into it all you want, but he said it loud and loud.
                            he might've called it torture, but it still would have given him what he said he wanted earlier in the episode.

Comment

has anyone ever told you, you put too much thought into things?
                              Yes. Many, many times.

he might've called it torture, but it still would have given him what he said he wanted earlier in the episode.
                              Well, I think he thought he already did that; he did say that he already said his goodbyes.

Still, you can't deny what he said about it being torture.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Well, I think he thought he already did that; he did say that he already said his goodbyes.

Still, you can't deny what he said about it being torture.
                                no... I can't, but he lived in the end. so, he can't hold that much of a grudge, can he?

Comment

Working...
                                X