Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe a Rodney episode...BUT also a Keller episode!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Vlad a 100%. Excellent episode for Rodney and his development as a character, but it was an awesome development for Keller too. Her character has been growing on me for awhile now, especially since mid-season 4. At the beginning she was annoying, etc, but she grew and that is what I love.

I loved the opening and closing for this episode, especially the closing because it showed her almost in tears when Rodney confessed he loved her. I loved that. Great story telling and a great way to end the episode/story.

Besides a Rodney/Keller episode, there was character development for Woolsey, AGAIN. I love what they have been doing with him too. Showing more compassion and humanity to him. He has a snobby exterior for a reason because he has had a hard life. This wasn't really a "Woolsey episode" but you have to admit there was some serious development for Picardo's character, Woolsey.

Excellent episode.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
      Keller - not listening to Teyla and Ronon = not so smart

In the end Rodney lived and that is the good part right???
      and he is alive because of Keller.
      Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
      Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Nu Uh! He is alive Because Jeanie INSISTED that they take him to the Shrine!

Yes Keller preformed Brain surgery on Rodney, only after going to the shrine! If it wasn't for the Radiation the parasite would not have re-tracked so Keller could operate.

The Shrine fixed Rodney!
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

The problem I have with Keller is, is that she is capable of much more. I recently watched Serenity and she is a really good actress. I can't for the life of me put her character as shy, scared, afraid of her own shadow basically, and has basically no people skills, and set in a way that in my view, Carson Beckett would have never chosen her for a position in atlantis, in fact how could someone like that even agree to go?

This is a little thing, and maybe it's just me, but have you noticed that when she talks she barely opens her mouth like she's cringing at her own words almost.

Her snippiness and attitude were clearly over the top, and way outsider her character. Talking down to Ronon and Teyla was just not right. And when they boarded the jumper, Ronon RIGHTLY questioned why keller was there, because she didn't believe, and she made some snooty comment...I thought she was NOT GOOD in this ep, because it was not in her character at all, they turned her into kind of a snotty arrogant..you can fill in the rest of the blanks...I didn't like her before, now it's much worse. Woolsey should send her packing and get carson back!

I'm not usually this negative, and before now i didn't like keller, but was mostly indifferent. Then I saw her character on serenity...They should have copied that character! That would be far more interesting. I realize that they might have been looking for a different type of doctor, all the doctor's in SGA and SG1 have been very strong characters, right from the beginning. It just doesn't work the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
            If not Keller then who? She is the best doctor in the galaxy.

The best Doctor in the galaxy? You mean the Doctor who never actually manages to solve any of the medical emergencies without some outside intervention to bail her out? You mean the Doctor who recently covered up her own medical condition that then mutated and put the whole station at risk, and everyone on it? You mean the Doctor who has to be talked into actually trying to save someone's life, even when there's clearly no other option? You mean the Doctor who lets her own personal feelings frequently cloud her judgment?

Oh, yeah, she's a real peach...

Comment

I don't admirer her! She blew off Teyla and Ronon's Knowledge of this illness!
              I can't blame her. She's a scientist. A scientist would easily blow off something like the shrine has fiction, just like in the real world with God and e volution and all those other controversially fun stuff

Comment

Originally posted by kufan76 View Post
                The problem I have with Keller is, is that she is capable of much more. I recently watched Serenity and she is a really good actress. I can't for the life of me put her character as shy, scared, afraid of her own shadow basically, and has basically no people skills, and set in a way that in my view, Carson Beckett would have never chosen her for a position in atlantis, in fact how could someone like that even agree to go?

This is a little thing, and maybe it's just me, but have you noticed that when she talks she barely opens her mouth like she's cringing at her own words almost.

Her snippiness and attitude were clearly over the top, and way outsider her character. Talking down to Ronon and Teyla was just not right. And when they boarded the jumper, Ronon RIGHTLY questioned why keller was there, because she didn't believe, and she made some snooty comment...I thought she was NOT GOOD in this ep, because it was not in her character at all, they turned her into kind of a snotty arrogant..you can fill in the rest of the blanks...I didn't like her before, now it's much worse. Woolsey should send her packing and get carson back!

I'm not usually this negative, and before now i didn't like keller, but was mostly indifferent. Then I saw her character on serenity...They should have copied that character! That would be far more interesting. I realize that they might have been looking for a different type of doctor, all the doctor's in SGA and SG1 have been very strong characters, right from the beginning. It just doesn't work the other way.
                No, they shouldn't have copied Kaylee becuse Keller is not Kaylee. Now, this is just me, and I could be wrong, but I think that may be part of the problem so many people dislike Keller. When they said that Jewel Staite would be playing a genius doctor, people think "oh, its Kaylee on Stargate!" I'm glad they didn't make her that way because then people would be complaining that she is too much like Kaylee. Keller is not Kaylee anymore than Woolsey is The Doctor, Mitchell is Crichton, Vala is Aeryn, or Caldwell is Skinner.
                That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                  Keller is not Kaylee anymore than Woolsey is The Doctor, Mitchell is Crichton, Vala is Aeryn, or Caldwell is Skinner.
                  And McKay isnt Leon Linden. Though i think it could be interesting to see McKay as a psychopathic killer

Comment

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
                    I can't blame her. She's a scientist. A scientist would easily blow off something like the shrine has fiction, just like in the real world with God and e volution and all those other controversially fun stuff
                    Wraith, replicators, alternate dimensions, clones, Keller herself mutating, mystery illnesses... As I said in an earlier post, with everything the team has encountered, Keller (and Sheppard and Woolsey, to be fair ) had trouble believing in a shrine?

Comment

Also Ronnon, and Sheppard wanted to say goodbye. They have given up on SAVING HIM. Keller was trying to SAVE HIS LIFE. And she is the only one who was right about that it would be torture for him.

And to who ever said that Keller made mistakes: Ahh yeah, that is what makes her a great character. She is not a perfect person. Nobody in Stargate is, that is why we love it.

Rodney blew up a solar system. Sheppard put the whole city in ganger by going over Weir's head and exposing the whole city to the nanites. Ronon put the whole team in danger by insisting that his friends can be trusted when the whole team was against it. And Teyla.... well there haven't been many Teyla episodes.
                      Colonel Vlad Cole, USAF
                      Stargate Gaming Clan - SGC

SGC Video [ Hi-Res | Lo-Res ]

Comment

Also Ronnon, and Sheppard wanted to say goodbye. They have given up on SAVING HIM. Keller was trying to SAVE HIS LIFE. And she is the only one who was right about that it would be torture for him.
                        ronon thought it would be an honourable way for his friend to die. he and sheppard just wanted rodney to enjoy his "last day". at the time, there wasn't a cure, so I see nothing wrong with that. I think rodney will forgive a little torture when it ended up saving his life.

if not for ronon's idea, keller wouldn't have been able to help rodney.
                        Last edited by naamiaiset; 24 August 2008, 12:41 AM.

Comment

He would have been dead because of Keller only Jeannie stepped in..
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ozziescum View Post
                            Keller's character was a huge disappointment in this episode, primarily because she stood against Sheppard and Ronon and Teyla. She knew that her judgment had been influenced by her emotions, and that her motives for not letting them take Rodney to the shrine were partly selfish. Keller also gave up on Rodney when the rest of his team refused to.

If Keller had had her way, Rodney would have died. That's not the sort of thing his character is in the habit of forgiving or forgetting.
                            What the heck?

The exact opposite happened.

They wanted their last day with them, giving up on curing him, while Jen wanted to try to save him.

As for the last part... again: it was proved that she was the one who was right about what Rodney would have wanted. She said it would be torture from him; he used the exact same word to describe it later.
                            Theoretically spoilerish:
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I love that Jeanie showed up and put Keller in her place! She overstepped her boundaries with Rodney!

Rodney was going to die anyway right?

Jeanie is the next of kin! Period!
                              She didn't "put Keller in her place." The two of them had a lot of sympathy for one another's positions.

As for "Rodney was going to die anyway?" How is that a, "yeah, you show her, Jeannie!!" moment? Jennifer was trying to save him, for goodness sake.
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by txTart View Post
                                I understand that Keller is a scientist and she didn't believe in whatever power the Shrine had. But I saw her refusal to let Rodney go as being a little selfish - SHE wanted to be the one to save him. Even though she'd been unsuccessful for weeks and he was dying, she still thought she could do it. Thank God Jeannie showed up or Rodney would have died because of Keller's tunnel vision.
                                It wasn't a matter of being "the one" to save him. Based on what everyone thought of the situation, no one else was TRYING to save him.

I feel like people aren't realizing that Ronon, Teyla, and Jeannie had no expectation or claim whatsoever that the shrine could save him. They thought they'd have their day, and then he'd die.

Jennifer wanted to save his life, and is the ONLY one who knew how Rodney would feel. She proved to be right.
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Working...
                                X