Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
    They mentioned the Tok'ra in S&R
    so?
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Pic-CollSwan View Post
      Weren't the Tollan wiped out?

Maybe they could've put a call into the Tok'ra, but I guess they figured the snake!heads and slimy!starfish were too different. I think it harkens back to the whole "on-your-own" theme that SGA set up in the beginning.

I think introducing them, even in a minor role, would not have added to the story in this instance. It was a character-driven McKay piece which needed dialogue between him, his teammates and his sister. The wraith were added only to show the lengths to which his team was willing to go on a wild goose chase. Tok'ra would have taken away from that, IMO.

Still, it's an interesting idea, I hadn't thought of their extraction procedure.
      I think the Tokra would have been a tad bit out of place in Atlantis, especially at that time. They only know how to extract a goauld symbiote because they use a special device. As well, the goauld is at the base of the skull, not in the brain.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        so?
        They're not completely ignored
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
          They're not completely ignored
          true but they only mentioned the Tok'ra in order to explain Sam's departure
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by darkthunder84 View Post
            Exactly. They dropped her off at the first possible Stargate in the Pegasus Galaxy, just to get her to see her brother before he dies (should they not find a cure). Time was definitely a major part in the equation.

Whereas contacting the Tok'ra would involve them;

snip
            That would have been a good enough explanation for me. Just a simple one liner. It would make it seem as though Earth isn't purposely excluding other races from Atlantis and trying to keep it all for itself. It could also show Earth is trying to keep friends in the Milky Way and is not above asking for help.

As far as the Tollans? Well, that's another unanswered story.

Comment

How are the Tolians an unanswered story.

Goa'uld blowing up escape ships sounds pretty closed to me
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                How are the Tolians an unanswered story.

Goa'uld blowing up escape ships sounds pretty closed to me
                They just left it at that. There was never any mention of a follow up to check their planet to look for survivors, even after the Goa'uld were no longer a threat.
                Of course, the same could be said of many things, but still, I miss them.

Comment

Working...
                X