Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well another pointless and boring SGA filler. SGA story eps are really good but these filler just wreck the show and they are very frequent. I know a show needs fillers for relief but other shows like sg-1 and x-files had way better fillers. Episode provides support for the cancalation of the show which i am against by the way .

Episode was again pointless and storyline was quite stupid. So the team risks their lives and many more if they are captured to take Mackay to a wraith outpost planet so he can be normal for 1 day then die. I know its sci-fi but thats just dumb and makes no sense.

also the argument that Mackay gets the organism growing because his immune system was weaker due to a cold or flu is flawed ,doesnt make much sense at all. can it really make that much difference to the extent that he only gets the organism thing in his head.

yea overall a bad episode.

Comment

loved this episode. i cried and cried off and on. david was great. i loved scene on the pier sharing a bud. I swear i think mackay calling shep by a different name was not in the scrip Joe looked like he really was caught off guard on that one. lol..
      Kanadra

Comment

The usual run of the mill filler episode. What? Are we gonna get 20 filler episodes for the final season of Atlantis?
        Hewitt's performance I thought was quite good, though.
        In the end, it's the type of filler ep that you don't bother watching again.
        Episode 6 is down and the show continues to flounder and go nowhere.
        Cancellation was the correct decision.

Comment

Excellent episode. DH was simply amazing. I liked almost every bit of this episode definitely among my favorites. 10/10!

Perfecto!

Comment

I liked this episode, but after 4 seasons of little to no character development, to suddenly have all this just thrown on us comes a little out of the blue for me. (Granted 100% better than Outcast last year)

1. They actually got out of the Gateroom for an episode!! For 5 seasons I have been wanting to see more of the city. Shouldn't they all be walking around the outside of the city by now?
            2. Good McKay/Sheppard scene but better sitting on the outside of city (see above)
            3. They actually remembered Teyla and Ronon are from Pegasus Galaxy. Shouldn't have Ronon & Teyla have been more vital in missions before this considering, Pegasus is their home turf. Not just another soldier on the team, but to provide knowledge about their new galaxy.

Compared to last season's Outcast, the show was actually character development based, not just a replicator chase down. And after Outcast what new did we learn about Sheppard. He was a poor rich boy who hated his family???? At least after Shrine I feel I know more about Rodney...

It looks like they are finally trying to develop a more complex show, with complex characters... but they probably should of tried to do this 5 years ago..... Bottom Line: Too little too late.
            Last edited by SgaIsBad; 23 August 2008, 05:56 AM.

Comment

I've always been a casual viewer of the Stargate shows. I'm a fan of shows that are more character-driven than plot driven than Stargate usually is.

I watched this one because I heard it would be better than average.

It was. It was about the characters and how they relate to each other, how they feel about each other. The performances were great. The scenes between various characters were wonderful and revealing.

I don't understand why some people don't like the Keller character. I find her very interesting and nice to have in the mix. I like her vulnerability and compassion.

If Atlantis had more episodes like this, I would be more of a fan.

Comment

So many people are lamenting that TPTB are crazy to cancel a show that has this kind of impact.
                Well, that may be true, but after this episode, I'm hoping that SGA can go out on a high note. So many shows are canceled because they deteriorate and go out with a whimper. I don't want SGA to become one of those. The Shrine has given me hope that it'll all end with its chin up, so to speak.

Comment

Dammit, THAT was brillant!

I'm still stunned.

And this is the show they want to cancel? Not so brillant, imho.
                  The cake is a lie!

Comment

Well surprisingly for me this is one of my fave eps now, totally loved it. I had expected from all the spoilers that this would be an ep where McKay's character, yet again, takes a battering just because he is McKay and he doesn't behave like "normal people" but NO WAY! Brad did a good job here of showing a man who's grip on reality as he knows it is fading and to split it up by means of the video (although not new to SG) was used to good effect here.

I can see if you are not a McKay fan you probably will not get as much out of this ep as those of us who love the guy. I am just incredibly grateful that I was so wrong about this episode.

David Hewlett was brilliant. Nuff said. Joe Flanagan was brilliant. That scene with the beer has to have been unscripted surely? It was too well timed to have just been acting... right? Sheppard's reactions to Rodney were spot on, I really felt John was hurting emotionally over Rodney's state of mind. Joe Flanagan was just acting his butt off! Jason M was pretty dam brilliant here too... for once I actually respected Ronon, saw him as more then one dimensional. He really needs to be allowed to act more often and not just shoot things. Although the shooting of the thing was good.

Kate Hewlett was sadly imho not use to great effect, yes I am glad to see her again as Jeannie but I was hoping for maybe a small moment between her and Rodney "alone" where we could have learned more about their family, why they are like they are and why they are so different in many ways to each other (OK yes that would take more then a small moment but you know what I mean.)

Keller. Well I love Keller! I do think she was a little too by the book here, not sure if I like that or not, I do normally but sometimes even I know you have to skirt the edge of what the book says to get where you need to go... er... something like that anyway.

Even though I am a McShep fan I am not the least put out by the show shipping her and Rodney, it is a het show so yeah why shouldn't Rodney get the smart, cute, young Doctor? Why should only Sheppard get to have all the fun? Although is it odd that Rodney is the one open to committing (well for many guys saying love is a form of commitment ) with not just one but two gals in the space of what? One year? It seems out of character to me.

I think McKay is a clone!

Ultimately this episode is my kind of scifi, the kind where the scifi is background, you know it is there you appreciate that it is there but in the end it is the way the characters interact and the way they "care" for each other that makes it worth watching. I don't need big explosions, lots of fights or even a big dam hero, I just need to know these people really care.

They do.

Comment

This episode ruined my whole day. I feel really depressed and I keep thinking back to when McKay ran over to Sheppard's room screaming he was afraid he was going to lose his mind by morning and wake up insane.

This is similar to the reaction I had to the episode "The Visitor" from DS9.

Just. Utterly. Brilliant.

This is what I've always expected to see from stargate, things that actually make you feel something, instead of just episodes that make you completely not care about what happens.

This episode was the pinnacle of Stargate from me, and I am going to call it my favorite out of Atlantis, ever, and probably second of both series (Lost City being the first). How can acting, directing, lighting and everything be SO great after 4 seasons of mediocrity? It just felt like a completely different show.

If I was a viewer like my parents who don't go online on forums and stuff, I would've been almost sure Rodney would die this episode.
                      Last edited by metabog; 23 August 2008, 06:28 AM.
                      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                        The usual run of the mill filler episode. What? Are we gonna get 20 filler episodes for the final season of Atlantis?

Have you looked at everyone else's reaction to this episode?

It was a masterpiece.
                        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

It´s Hewlett. At least spell the name correctly - it can´t be that difficult to remember names after four years.
                          And what did you expect? SGA had never a proper story-line but I can at least appreciate a great filler episode. And, I think this wasn´t so much a filler when you look at the end of the episode. I think there will be some consequences.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                            Have you looked at everyone else's reaction to this episode?

It was a masterpiece.
                            I can't quite grasp the concept that every next episode that comes up has to be a masterpiece, the BEST EVAH, 10/10.
                            I personally thought it was run of the mill, ordinary stuff.

Comment

One question: What was the "Arthur" comment referring to?
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

To "you" maybe. BTW, good call on saying SGU will not be picked up by the network.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X