This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Tell that the many people who were left behind on SG-1. Tell that to Elizabeth who was left behind because "it would be too risky" to send a team in to rescue her. What, like she hadn't become close with expedition?
    ITA, that's just inconsistent writing.

"The creature was too stupid to defend itself... despite having shown itself sentient and intelligent just earlier." - That's shoe-horning in an illogical conclusion because they couldn't come up with a good solution, sounds like Deus ex Machina to me.
    It was weird how the creature was able to subdue Ronon of all people, but not Shep.

Comment

so. does it occur to anyone, that the entity was like the wraith version of a goauld, except it grows into a ship, and doesnt have glowy eyes? it controlled her, like a little puppet. i bet she had forgotten what happened, right after she had washed her hands. then, she heard voices, and at the table, she had forgotten it. it appeared like she was sleepy. and i hoped they DIDNT hint at it. just a case of, someone is sleepy. she had been at work all day, figuring out the cure for beckett. and to make sure its good, cause taking him out of stasis, giving him the cure, which doesnt work, and wait for it to work, while it wont, and have him near death in the freezing chamber again, will lead all pro beckett anti keller fans to go berserk. after all, if the treatment WOULNT work, precious time wouldve been wasted. and seeing as everything goes over 100x slower in the freezer, they wouldve had many many more days to figure out, and to make sure its 100% failsafe. because all medical treatments, arent applied if they 100% know for sure they know what the results are.

as to the ending: the entity was quite smart. but it saw the jumper as the cause of the crash, not john, and john , that way, posed no threat. and its odd, cause the creature should only allow beings near, if they are wraith/ hybrids. atleast, thats what i would program it to do. as to radek on the ground not screaming. well, you have just hit the ground really hard, wouldnt you be dizzy?

Comment

Tell that the many people who were left behind on SG-1. Tell that to Elizabeth who was left behind because "it would be too risky" to send a team in to rescue her. What, like she hadn't become close with expedition?
        They have left people behind before when the risk was to high. In Weir's case we had no way of successfully pulling off a rescue not without massive casualties. In this case there was at least a small chance of success.

They got lucky. I know that it's Sci-fi and a TV-show but realism is still something one should strive for. Constantly making emotional calls based on nothing but empty theories ("I don't think it'll attack someone with the pathogen inside of them!") and going in blind is stupid. They only manage to do it due to dumb blind luck.
        It's more than luck when you have very experienced people that could pull it off.

And these are the people who are supposed to be fighting for the fates of two (now one) galaxies? Yeah... if I were a Pegasian or someone from the IOA, I'd kick their asses for being such dumbasses and risking the lives of tons for the lives of a few when the risk is considerably and you have to rely on sheer dumb luck to win.
        They've got more than luck on their side.

"The creature was too stupid to defend itself... despite having shown itself sentient and intelligent just earlier." - That's shoe-horning in an illogical conclusion because they couldn't come up with a good solution, sounds like Deus ex Machina to me.
        I disagree.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Tell that to Elizabeth who was left behind because "it would be too risky" to send a team in to rescue her. What, like she hadn't become close with expedition?
          » All I can do is nod my head in agreement.

Originally posted by Kezia View Post
          It was weird how the creature was able to subdue Ronon of all people, but not Shep.
          » That's because this week it was Shep's time to play Chuck Norris. Wait - that's every week.

Comment

The Dr. Jennifer Keller + an unknown alien pathogen?

Thats a spooky combination... who knows what might have happened

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              no, creature was just like every other Stargate enemy..too stupid to defend itself. No matter how powerful it really was, our heroes are always more powerful
              Which is seriously getting on my nerves.

It's not suspension of disbelief (they went way beyond that a while back). It's now suspension of intelligence.

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              They have left people behind before when the risk was to high. In Weir's case we had no way of successfully pulling off a rescue not without massive casualties. In this case there was at least a small chance of success.
              Based on what? Wild guessing?

They knew nothing about it. They didn't even know how big it had grown or if Ronon even had a chance of making it (which he didn't). They had no idea if she could even still be saved.

They went in blind. All they knew was that they had a retrovirus (not another one!) that would kill the pathogen and... that was it.

Meanwhile, this little escapade cost them a portion of the ZPM's (and the power generators') power. That'll be very appreciated when Michael or the new race attack and its insufficient to shield Atlantis.

It's not like they have tons of ZPMs lying around.

It's more than luck when you have very experienced people that could pull it off.
              Again, they went in blind.

They've got more than luck on their side.
              Not really in this case.

Comment

So, considering this was clearly explained in the episode, as noted by several people in this thread, I'm going to take a moment to point out something under the radar...

Speaking of "a city full of idiot doctors," I was just wondering where the outcry is for Beckett incorrectly performing CPR in 'The Seed,' since Keller was ripped apart for such things last season.

Or are we finally going to acknowledge that the characters- since their methods are effective on the show- can't be held responsible for the fact that the show's crew and advisers didn't correct Jewel or Paul on their techniques?
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                  Or are we finally going to acknowledge that the characters- since their methods are effective on the show- can't be held responsible for the fact that the show's crew and advisers didn't correct Jewel or Paul on their techniques?
                  Or we could blame them both for not learning how to perform proper CPR. They portray doctors, it should be common sense to learn how to do it properly in order to be able to, you know, do it properly.

Comment

I got tired of complaining that no doctor on any show does CPR correctly. Will just have to live with it.

Comment

So, you're saying that 100% culpability belongs to Jewel and Paul for performing it incorrectly? There are people whose sole job it is to make sure things like that go as they're supposed to.

And heck, for all we know, Paul knows how to do it correctly, but got caught up in the scene and simply missed the mark. Someone's supposed to be watching the screen or the actors and say, "Oops. Let's try that again."

Anyway, my general point is: not a peep out of the people who claimed that incorrectly portrayed medical techniques made Keller "a terrible doctor," when Beckett does the exact same thing.
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

or absolutely stupid enemies
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Which is seriously getting on my nerves.

It's not suspension of disbelief (they went way beyond that a while back). It's now suspension of intelligence.
                          You'll get used to it, like me. The Ori were incredibly stupid, Adria was stupid and absolutely naive. So I don't care anymore.
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

So, you're saying that 100% culpability belongs to Jewel and Paul for performing it incorrectly? There are people whose sole job it is to make sure things like that go as they're supposed to.
                            I said that when? I merely said that it's Jewel's and Paul's fault as well. They're not solely responsible, there are others. But they're not free from any wrongdoing, either.

And heck, for all we know, Paul knows how to do it correctly, but got caught up in the scene and simply missed the mark. Someone's supposed to be watching the screen or the actors and say, "Oops. Let's try that again."
                            Yes, a lot of people did wrong. Or they just didn't care about authenticity as I hear real CPR can break ribs.

Anyway, my general point is: not a peep out of the people who claimed that incorrectly portrayed medical techniques made Keller "a terrible doctor," when Beckett does the exact same thing.
                            It's called "Being a biased fan".

Comment

I said that when? I merely said that it's Jewel's and Paul's fault as well. They're not solely responsible, there are others. But they're not free from any wrongdoing, either.
                              But... you didn't say "as well" anywhere, actually.

Direct quote:
                              "Or we could blame them both for not learning how to perform proper CPR. They portray doctors, it should be common sense to learn how to do it properly in order to be able to, you know, do it properly."

'As well' didn't appear at all. Every word there refers to the actors.

Regardless, you're right that they share in the culpability. I'm just saying, there's supposed to be mechanisms in place to catch that, and they're apparently not working.

And totally irrespective of all of that, it's silly for people to somehow think it reflects on the character, rather than the actor and crew (you didn't do that here -- it's just what happens generally).
                              Spoiler:
                              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

"Or we could blame them both for not learning how to perform proper CPR. They portray doctors, it should be common sense to learn how to do it properly in order to be able to, you know, do it properly."

'As well' didn't appear at all. Every word there refers to the actors.
                                Using the same brand of logic, I never said "Solely the fault of Jewel and Paul" either. I blame everyone for that miss. Every single person who should've known better.

Regardless, you're right that they share in the culpability. I'm just saying, there's supposed to be mechanisms in place to catch that, and they're apparently not working.
                                Yes, I blame everyone responsible.

And totally irrespective of all of that, it's silly for people to somehow think it reflects on the character, rather than the actor and crew (you didn't do that here -- it's just what happens generally).
                                Well, it's a show. We're supposed to, you know, take it for canon. If someone makes a mistake on the show, it'll be assumed it's canon that the character made that mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X