This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kot815 View Post
    I have to say that as a hardcore Shep fan, I agree that this time his save-the-day actions didn't really seem that great.
    Yeah, I thought when Ronan went in fighting that he might get to save the day this time, especially with the emphasis they put on Shep not having to be the hero every time they got in trouble in last week's episode.

Originally posted by A Wraith Named Bob View Post
    It seemed to me as though her mind was affected from the very beginning when she first noticed the slime.
    I thought about that too but then again her fear of doing anything (low self-esteem) is pretty consistent with her character.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
      -Woolsey was interesting. I was ready to absolutely hate him, but I didn't. When he discovered Keller had a "maybe" cure for Carson and was her usual wussy, wimpy self and was afraid to try it...

-Loved seeing Carson again. He is such a better doctor than Keller, I was wishing they would just kill her off when they destroyed the organisim so Carson could take his rightful place. Keller is such a loser character!

-I still can't stand Keller. Bring Carson back as the doctor, and I'll accept everything else. Maybe.
      OMG, thank god. I was beginning to think I was the only one who hated Keller. Every time I saw a preview for this ep I would think, 'Maybe that thing will kill her. That would be awesome.'

I'm so massively unhappy with where this Keller/McKay thing is going. Why do they keep pairing Rodney with these mousy, annoying women? And botanists and medical doctors at that! Grr.

Woolsey gets a thumbs up from me, but I love Robert Picardo.

Overall I thought the ep was... not great. Not the worst but definitely not the best. I've really been sad at the lack of team moments, I almost feel like they're starting to not like one another. I had hopes that this trend was going to be reversed after Search and Rescue, but there was really no team interaction in this one and what little there was seemed really antagonistic.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but if I was the "Tentacles", I would have threatened to harm Keller if I was going to be attacked by the rest of the crew.
        They said something about the "seed" (seriously don't know what to call it) needing her mind or something until it was finished growing.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but if I was the "Tentacles", I would have threatened to harm Keller if I was going to be attacked by the rest of the crew.
          Then it really would have been like "Entity".

But as we know from Woolsey's comment, and later from Shep's actions, if absolutely necessary they would risk losing Keller. And whatever part of Keller's mind the "Tentacles" had access to, might have made it aware of this.
          If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Ok this episode didn't leave me on the edge of my seat but it was good.

I liked the explanation on the Wraith Ships, what they said could actually makes some sense.

They need to fire that asian actress(if you can call what she does can be called acting) the woman who put the resperator on Shep, she had it about 3 inches away form his face.

but a good episode.

Oh and Woosly was great, just the right amount of hardass. I still think he should have repromanded Shep for crashing a PJ into the side of a building without even disccusing it. LIke confined to quarters, Shep needs to be tied down a little or Woosly as the character will never be able to assert himself properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              I see the last scene with Woolsey and Sheppard as a preview of what is to come.
              Yeah, they shook hands. The conflict there is...underwhelming.

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
              How do you know it was a paint-by-numbers plot if saw 1/3 of the episode?
              Because it wasn't that hard to figure out what had happened in the first 2/3? Let me guess, "friction" with Woolsey, Bad Things happen to Keller, the situation spreads to a city-wide problem, oh noes let's thaw out the Beckettsicle?

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. Not the best, but a good introduction for Woolsey. Like someone else said, I was prepared to hate him but in fact I thought he made several valid points throughout the episode and frankly I think the team does sometimes need someone to reign them in.

They're definitely setting up the McKay/Keller thing. Still holding judgment on that ship (I ship McWeir, and my guilty ship is McKeyla), but it seemed alright. I mean, Rodney, hypochondriac Rodney, was willing to go into the isolation room alone so as to try and comfort Keller. Kinda sweet that.

Baby Emmagen, whose name I've already forgotten, is still adorable for what little we saw him. I hope they don't just shove him off to the mainland with only a few mentions here and there.

After this episode, at least, I'll be willing to give Woolsey a chance. We'll see.
                *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
                *~*
                sigpic
                *~*
                photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  oh noes let's thaw out the Beckettsicle?
                  Beckettsicle??? Ah, that's a good one.
                  Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Jelgate's Two Cents
                    Defiantly not the strongest episode I have ever seen nor is it the worst episode I have seen. I will say this. The Seed felt very much like a team episode. The only one who didn't have a strong contribution was McKay and I can't say I am against that. It’s about time he watched from the sidelines.

I thought the opening scene was well done. It really showed the kind of people that Teyla and Keller have become. I'm reminded of Frasier and the real Beckett when I look at Keller in the early hours of morning working on reviving Beckett. She like the other Stargate doctors forgoes their own health to save their own patients. That is how you do children on a Sci-Fi show. It had one scene and that was it. I sincerely hope that continues to the formula for Torren. A scene every once in awhile is okay but I do not want to see him next to Teyla every other scene. The line about walking him halfway across the city was hilarious.

Woolsey’s introduction seemed a little forced to me. His whole inspring:rollleyes: speech seemed like Picardo was just reading the lines without any emotion. However, I did like the scene in the new briefing room before he arrived. Before I get their, I am a little miffed that the replaced the old briefing room table. That old one really looked cool with the Ancient tech. Now it just looks like they stole the table from Stargate Command. Anyway, the scene before Woolsey enters to me shows how much Sheppard's team and Keller miss Carter. I know he is their to create conflict but I wanted to punch Woolsey in the nose. He was so cold to the senior members.

It happened exactly how I expected it to happen. Keller found the cure to Beckett's disease in Michael’s database and was able to easily produce a serum to keep his organs from detorating. Leave it to jerks like the IOA to have him shipped to Earth.

Keller in some organic tendrils. That is extremely creepy and it just got creepier as the episode progressed. The first time I saw this I wondered how Keller suddenly got infected with a pathogen. It’s kind of creepy that the Wraith and Michael have these in the Pegasus galaxy. I wonder if every Wraith hive ship and cruiser is created from single human being. It was kind of like watching Spoils of War all over again. We learned quite about the Wraith. This time instead of learning about the Wraith soldiers, I was able to learn a lot of insightful things about their ships. It seems the heart of the ship is a person while it feeds off the electricity, in this case the power in Atlantis.

Something I hope that continues that was absent in the previous season was a lot of Teyla action. She had a really scene when she led the team with Zelenka. Its not often we get to see Teyla. I hope it something we get to see more of as the season progresses. She was after all, at one point the leader of the Athosians. It didn't hurt that I got to see Zelenka almost die. I think he needs to replace McKay. He does a better job when it comes to dangerous stuff.The solution to me looked too much like a deus ex machina. Granted it is not a true deus ex machina but it seemed like one. Michael just magically has an antidote to stop a Wraith ship from being formed. Why in the world would he want to stop a ship from being formed? Lucky for me it was extremely difficult to execute. I can't believe that Woolsey was actually considering firing drones at Keller. His stupidity and lack of morals is astounding.

The part with Ronon was kind of predictable. Of course once the antidote worked on Sheppard he would volunteer. That my only compliant about that scene. I enjoyed the little continuity back to Conversion. I think it was a safe theory by Beckett that Ronon would go undetected by the Wraith tech. They are after all very similar to the Iratus bug.

I defiantly did not see Sheppard's solution to get at the "core." It was suicidal but was interesting watching him crash right into the side of the city. Does this mean we have lost a Jumper? Apparently the antidote worked. Big surprise their. As much as I wanted to punch Woolsey, at least he learned something in the end. Who wants to bet he will forgot about in Broken Ties?
                    Last edited by jelgate; 18 July 2008, 08:27 PM.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      Because it wasn't that hard to figure out what had happened in the first 2/3? Let me guess, "friction" with Woolsey, Bad Things happen to Keller, the situation spreads to a city-wide problem, oh noes let's thaw out the Beckettsicle?
                      The actually thawed Beckett in the beginning, when Keller admitted she had a potential cure for him, but was afraid to try it (the usual spineless little girl that she is). Woolsey forced the issue, and we got us a REAL doctor! Sold me on Woolsey, right there.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

can we use the cure to take out hive ships?
                        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                          The actually thawed Beckett in the beginning, when Keller admitted she had a potential cure for him, but was afraid to try it (the usual spineless little girl that she is). Woolsey forced the issue, and we got us a REAL doctor! Sold me on Woolsey, right there.
                          So I was close enough, just had the wrong order.

Anyone who can smack some leadership into Keller is a-ok with me.

Comment

best quote:
                            "well it's not a case of the hives, now is it"

turns out it was a case of the hive
                            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                              best quote:
                              "well it's not a case of the hives, now is it"

turns out it was a case of the hive
                              Oooooh...Good observation. Clever writing.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                                can we use the cure to take out hive ships?

Not Sarcastic: That's a good point. It could be used as a sort of bomb or it could work like he retrovirus.

Sarcastic: Shoot giant hyprosprays at Hive ships!

Comment

Working...
                                X