Pirates of the Pegasus Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
    I can see that as entirely likely. I mean if you've already commited yourself to eating somebody and any of his family members too slow to escape, grabbing his couch and bath towels on top of it isn't really that much further to go.

Maybe after the warriors are done stripping a villiage of all human life the queens fly down and go "shopping".

"Oh wouldn't that hat look just perfect on Steve!"

Todd: "Oh my stars and garters! I just must have that Athosian soup pot to add to my collection! What a wonderful fruit bowl it will make!"

Kenny (timidly, pointing at stuffed toy on the ground): "Uh, can I just have the teddy bear??"

Originally posted by Opener View Post
    Their human followers probably supply them with a lot of the extraneous stuff like clothing, jewelry(we know Wraith have a sense of beauty, look at Steve's ring and Todd wanting to see the stars again), and other things. They have enough followers to get pretty much whatever they need, besides their food supply that is.
    Yes, I thought that, too. But now we find out they do their share of pilfering, too. Or...maybe Todd ate all of his worshippers and now has no one to make stuff for him anymore...

Wraith: "Commander, we need new swords. I believe there is a blacksmith among our worshippers..."

Todd (making his 'I may have exaggerated' face): "Uuuhh...regrettably, he is no longer with us..."

Wraith: ....??

Kenny: "The commander ate him."

Wraith: "Well, certainly he had an apprentice..."

Todd (clearing throat): "Gone."

Wraith (frowning): "What about the carpenter, at least he has tools. A hammer, pliers. Perhaps he could learn the art of manipulating metal into weapons..."

Kenny (looking a bit guilty): "Highly unlikely..."

Wraith (shoots Kenny a look): "And the mechan..."

Kenny: "No longer among us..."

Wraith (furious): "What have the two of you done?! Have you consumed all of our worshippers - in one night??! How can such a thing be??"

Todd: "Weeell...you may recall the last planet we culled...full of long-haired humans playing bongos and tamborines, with flowers in their hair...smoking tiny white paper tubes filled with aromatic herbs..."

Wraith: "Yes. I recall...and...?"

Todd: "Well, we ate them first."

Kenny: "And wow, man, did they give us a wicked-mean case of the munchies. I'm still cravin' bad, man...like, I could totally suck on a candy bar maker right about now..."

Originally posted by Womble View Post
    If that image gives you giggles, picture a couple of sawdust-covered Wraiths in a workshop doing their own carpentry.

Wonderful image!! Two Wraith hammering away, building a table..

Wraith 1 (fussing): "Ack! I just broke a nail!"

Wraith 2: "We have an entire box of nails, take another one...and do not wield your hammer so forcefully next time."

Wraith 1: "Not THAT nail, THIS nail." *holds his finger up, displaying a fingernail broken down to the quick*

Wraith 2: "Ack! MEDIC!! MEDIC!!" *swoons, and faints dead away*

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    todd - "but why are all the humans gone!? "

careful though, the mods will get you for that picture... apparently photo manips like that are against the rules.
    I missed the picture...

Originally posted by Fenrir Foxz View Post
    Todd: "My ZPM!"
    "We named the monkey Todd."

~~~~~~~~~

*Pirates of the Pegasus Galaxy - Scene 16 (negotiating over Todd's true name)*

Sheppard: "So, you expect to leave me standing on some planet with nothing but a name and your word it’s the one I need, and watch you fly away in my ship?"

Todd: "No. I expect to leave you standing on some planet with absolutely no name at all, watching me fly away on my ship, and then I’ll shout the name back to you. Savvy?"

LOL too funny!

das
    sigpic

Comment

Oh god Das I laughed so hard.

Comment

You know how people make those "get caught up with what's going on in X show" recap videos.

Well this is probably the most accurate one of those I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          You know how people make those "get caught up with what's going on in X show" recap videos.

Well this is probably the most accurate one of those I've ever seen.
          You said it, my friend.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

i can see a certain magpie-like quality in the wraith. they clearly have a sense of aesthetics and i'm sure they would happily scoop up interesting objects, like a ring.

to me, wraith culture would only have the slightest interest in the arts ... but those cool outfits must come from somewhere. i can imagine wraith craftsmen, artisans who spend centuries working on nice stuff for their queens ... but most of that stuff would be made by human worshippers i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by grime View Post
              i can see a certain magpie-like quality in the wraith. they clearly have a sense of aesthetics and i'm sure they would happily scoop up interesting objects, like a ring.

to me, wraith culture would only have the slightest interest in the arts ... but those cool outfits must come from somewhere. i can imagine wraith craftsmen, artisans who spend centuries working on nice stuff for their queens ... but most of that stuff would be made by human worshippers i guess.
              I actually like this idea - and it would fit in perfectly with their reverence for their Queens. I wonder if that is the case, then if she's displeased with the design, would she start slitting throats? They don't seem easily amused (whereas the males do seem to have a better sense of humor...sorta...or at least they enjoy the challenge of trying to out-snark humans).

das
              sigpic

Comment

LOL......funny idea there.
                Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                  You said it, my friend.
                  I especially like how they made it a point to include both of the scenes where the heroes stab/shoot a woman in the back.

Makes me wonder if there were even more I don't remember...

That and Weir's bloodthirsy captain smirk, totally priceless.

Comment

Perhaps there were Wraith that genuinely enjoy food a lot on the Hive. And since they noticed some lying around they decided to take it with them for later after the culling. I can imagine one Wraith just sorta deciding at the last minutes to pick up a bowl of fruit right before he return to his ship.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Das, you started this thread two days early. TODAY (Sept 19) is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. And thanks to lovely Capt'n Jack, we don't have to say "arrrgh" and "ahoy, matey". Instead we can add "savvy", to end every sentence.

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                        Das, you started this thread two days early. TODAY (Sept 19) is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. And thanks to lovely Capt'n Jack, we don't have to say "arrrgh" and "ahoy, matey". Instead we can add "savvy", to end every sentence.

mfw
                        Ah, my bad. Well...let's just say I started it early, in PREPARATION for Talk Like A Pirate Day...savvy?

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          I If so, would this explain some of their clothing (esp. the Queen's fancier garb), or their jewelry? Some things, like the finger armor, certainly look like Wraith tech, but Steve wore a nice silver thumb ring, and that didn't appear to be very Wraithy at all.

(oh, and does anyone else giggle at the thought of a couple Wraith grabbing big ol' table during a frenzied cull? People running and screaming, darts zipping around overhead, homes burning...and there goes Kenny and Todd carting off a table in the midst of it all! All I can see is something like a scene out of Pirates of the Caribbean, with Pintel and Ragetti (the bald guy and the wooden-eyed guy) sneaking off with a big chest of loot, giggling to themselves about what they're going to do with it all...)

das
                          Haha!! This thread is so funny!

But the clothing i always imagined was made from different types of insect silks chosen for their superior durability, and constructed by experts on the Homeworld. The Defiant One's clothes were in superb condition, considering their age. That is not human construction.

Comment

For some reason, I imagine that you could come up with a great doctored-up Todd picture - with beads in his hair and everything!

das

Humm, that sounds like a fun challenge, I might just have to take you up on that.

Zan
                            ^_^
                            sigpic
                            Thanks for the sig idea Das!

Comment

Originally posted by Zanlee View Post
                              Humm, that sounds like a fun challenge, I might just have to take you up on that.

Zan
                              ^_^
                              LOVE Captain TODD Sparrow!!!

das
                              sigpic

Comment

LOVE Captain TODD Sparrow!!!

das
                                Omg, my side hurts from laughing! LOL!

mfw

Comment