• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually i love how there are doing it now

cast names during the teaser and 10 second music lovely
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

You mean it's a competely new kind of 10-second intro?

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
        You mean it's a competely new kind of 10-second intro?
        if i remember correctly yes

at least in pictures the music is the same as last time
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'll have to take a look, if I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
            Which ones? The only ones that are like that which I can recall are all of 9.0 and 2.0 of SG-1 and SGA, respectively. In which case, it was entirely a network decision to give advertisers more time, and it lasted for ten episodes in a row apiece.
            Rising Part 1 didn't have the credits and while listening to the commentary for Conversion they said in the original airing that the intro wasn't used. I can't recall any other episode. Someone else might.
            I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

The Unbox version has the full credits.

Personally, though, I wouldn't care if they cut the credits to get in more storytime. I always fastforward through them anyway.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

I hope it continues this way. Its a pain having to skip through the intro all the time.
                sigpic

Comment

It's probably just for this one episode since they've been using the full intro all season. I'm ok with that. I like the intro since I enjoy the music but I could live without it if the show needed to extra time for story reasons (rather than ad reasons).

Skipping the credits is like the new standard in television. But I kind of like intros--it gives the show a brand.

Comment

Wait, I'm a little confused here. You said 'like every episode', but then you said that it was to make room for screen time rather than ads. That seems to contradict; either that, or I'm just really tired?
                    the 42:33 run time was with the short intro included. Most episodes run between 41-43 minutes run time with the long intro. So we added a minute/minute and a half to the show. So basically, the short intro means more time with and

Comment

See, that's the thing. I haven't seen any confirmation that the episode ran a bit longer than usual. Does anyone have documentation or a file, or a lot of time on their hands, who can confirm this?

I don't give a damn if it was one episode, either. I do give a damn if it's the rest of the series.
                      This episode S05E08 was exactly 42:32 minutes, the previous episode was 42:56 minutes.

S05E06 to S05E03 were all 43:03 minutes, so I'd say they at least made the episode longer than 07 since that one did have the full credits.

Comment

The credits are in the iTunes version.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                          The credits are in the iTunes version.
                          In SG-1 and in SGA, they did use the shortened intro credits - for the sole reason of adding more ad time. Fans were outraged as NBC let shows such as Battlestar Galactica maintain the longer intros. Hence, the joke about the shortened intro in "200".

Stargate put the long intros back in, and put them back on shows for the DVD's as well.

Looks like for Sci-Fi, they put the shortened intro back in - and go ahead, complain, the show's been canned anyways...

If the iTunes version has the regular credits - looks like the DVD's will also. I prefer the longer credits more for production values, even if I may skip them when watching it on DVD. Still like to have them there though.

Comment

Originally posted by gkarris View Post
                            In SG-1 and in SGA, they did use the shortened intro credits - for the sole reason of adding more ad time. Fans were outraged as NBC let shows such as Battlestar Galactica maintain the longer intros. Hence, the joke about the shortened intro in "200".

Stargate put the long intros back in, and put them back on shows for the DVD's as well.

Looks like for Sci-Fi, they put the shortened intro back in - and go ahead, complain, the show's been canned anyways...

If the iTunes version has the regular credits - looks like the DVD's will also. I prefer the longer credits more for production values, even if I may skip them when watching it on DVD. Still like to have them there though.
                            The total run time without ads in the "short intro" episodes is equal to or greater than episodes with the "long intro" so while it may seem like there are more ads because of the short intro, there is actually more meat to the show.

Comment

What the hell happened to the opening credits???? Is it just me or did this episode make it clear that we are loosing the show??? I'm so dissapointed that they are doing this to us!!!

edit:
                              sorry i just spotted the other topic about this. please close this
                              BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Comment

They did the same thing back at the start of S3 and the fans were not happy at all about it.
                                Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X