Why was Michael even on Atlantis?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    This discussion brought up good and valid points for why Michael "had" to be there. Let's just hope he had the decency to clone himself. I mean, he has cloning technology.
    that would be lame, bringing back death characters in SG is one of the stupidest thing in this franchise
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      that would be lame, bringing back death characters in SG is one of the stupidest thing in this franchise
      I agree with you
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

What kind of leader of a major evil organizations goes on strike missions that directly engage an entire city of combatants?!

I mean, sure, Sam did once or twice, but at least she was "expendable" (let's face it, if she'd died from a slipping on a banana peel, at least Earth could've send someone else).

Why was Michael even there? What, "If you want something done properly, you have to do it yourself"? I mean, what did Michael do on the city that none of his minions could do (because, really, if you can't get your minions to follow basic instructions, your minions are pretty bad).

He could've just communicated to them through the gate (keeping a wormhole open, preventing Atlantis the convenient overriding of the gate shield.

And no villain with any self-respect would fight the Main Hero atop a tower or whatever. That's just asking to die.

Let's hope he at least had the decency to clone himself.
        Oh no you didn't!

I think Michael just wanted to be there because he thought there'd be a better chance of success with him there
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

it was pathetic. But it was a great fun to watch stupid Michael during 514. It remembered me stupid Adria in AoT.
          So just because the bad guys paint themselves into a corner and the good guys finally triumph they are pathetic and stupid? Michael's ending was done very well and the majority agree with me on this. I agree about Adria, AoT was not that great of a movie overall, continuum was way better.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            So just because the bad guys paint themselves into a corner and the good guys finally triumph they are pathetic and stupid? Michael's ending was done very well and the majority agree with me on this. I agree about Adria, AoT was not that great of a movie overall, continuum was way better.
            Michael behaved like a moron.That's what I was talking about. Why didn't he grabed Torren and Teyla, take them back to the jumper and left? Why didn't he leave with his DNA? Why didn't he take some bomb with him? Why didn't he take only Torren with him and kill Teyla? He should have known that she'll never join him. He had no problems with killing her in 420

majority here on GW may agree with, butr majority on some other forums agree with me
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Michael behaved like a moron.That's what I was talking about. Why didn't he grabed Torren and Teyla, take them back to the jumper and left? Why didn't he leave with his DNA? Why didn't he take some bomb with him? Why didn't he take only Torren with him and kill Teyla? He should have known that she'll never join him. He had no problems with killing her in 420

majority here on GW may agree with, butr majority on some other forums agree with me
              Michael could of left, one of his Hybrids even said it, we have the baby lets go. Michael wanted revenge on Atlantis, he wanted to get back at what they did to him. That is what added so much drama to the episode and when Teyla kicked his hand to make him fall it was so dramatic the look on their faces. It was just a building up moment. The writers had to make Michael look like this ruthless psycho killer willing to do anything to get his revenge. His rage and vengence overtook his rational thinking. He was even going to cut off Ronon's head for a trophy. The last act when Michael was on the run and Sheppard goes after him as been some of the best dramatic and thrilling moments of this series.

Getting back to the topic of this thread more. Michael had two motives for being on Atlantis. He is not dumb and in fact his over thinking got him killed.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                How about we stop having our villains painting themselves into stupid corners and go out after having a spectacularly brilliant plan with all of their bases covered just go wrong?

Instead of quasi-brilliant plans full of flaws and bad decision-making.

Comment

How about we stop having our villains painting themselves into stupid corners and go out after having a spectacularly brilliant plan with all of their bases covered just go wrong?

Instead of quasi-brilliant plans full of flaws and bad decision-making.
                  Those are the same thing. Somebody's always gonna look at what went wrong and say "they shouldn't have done this"
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

What kind of leader of a major evil organizations goes on strike missions that directly engage an entire city of combatants?!

I mean, sure, Sam did once or twice, but at least she was "expendable" (let's face it, if she'd died from a slipping on a banana peel, at least Earth could've send someone else).

Why was Michael even there? What, "If you want something done properly, you have to do it yourself"? I mean, what did Michael do on the city that none of his minions could do (because, really, if you can't get your minions to follow basic instructions, your minions are pretty bad).

He could've just communicated to them through the gate (keeping a wormhole open, preventing Atlantis the convenient overriding of the gate shield.

And no villain with any self-respect would fight the Main Hero atop a tower or whatever. That's just asking to die.

Well as Micheals flagship was destroyed and presumably quite alot of his hybrids with it, he was left with but a handfull of hybrids, and as stated in *the seed* we were raiding his complexes. So it stands to reason that the 3/4 hybrids he brought along to atlantis with him were all he had left, also all he could fit into the jumper before the cruiser blew. Now if he only had a few hybrids and they seemed to need to be told what to do alot, as seen many times you can assume micheal had to attend in oder for the plan to run smoothly and for him to make decisions on any problems, which he did when the self destruct was taking to long to activate etc...

Im not saying its the reason but it does have a little logic behind it.

As for the getting upto the top of the tower, well the stargate was inaccessable, and with soliders closing in on him he had to go up. then his plan of stealing another jumper was thwarted by closing the hanger bay doors he was left with no other alternative really.

Comment

Originally Posted by FallenAngelII

The queen is the only one who sits back and directs all the others. Micheal being from that type of back ground it would be unnatural for him not to be. From his point of few i would think. Then you also have the tradition of old here on earth that the leader actually lead. Lords from long ago would be out in front of their men. May be the writers where pulling from that??

As far as fighting atop a tower. When a person is man and deep into the fight I don't think they really know where they are they just want to get the other guy.

Also the writers are winding up stories being this is the last season and for that they chose to end the show like this. Although Micheal has been in the thick of all their fights so in that respect he is following in step with his character.
                      Last edited by kanadra; 10 November 2008, 02:02 AM.
                      Kanadra

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        Those are the same thing. Somebody's always gonna look at what went wrong and say "they shouldn't have done this"
                        But if the plan was brilliantly made and it only failed due to bad luck, then it wouldn't be because of blatantly bad decisions.

Decisions that are nominally bad in context we can live with. Decisions that are flawed in almost any context, that is just lazy writing.

Comment

Why was Michael on Atlantis?

Simple: to be killed off.

Thank god. The worst character in the history of science fiction (hell, all of fiction) is no more.

Comment

Maybe that Michael was just a clone, because the real Michael, like you said would'nt need to go on a strike mission.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                            MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

The crazy ones who want revenge like Michael.
                              What kind of comparison is that?

Michael wanted his own personal revenge.

eHe could've just communicated to them through the gate (keeping a wormhole open, preventing Atlantis the convenient overriding of the gate shield.
                              That would have been boring.
                              True but that was cool.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Haven't read the entire thread but doesn't Michael need to be in close proximity to control his hybrids? There were certain points when stronger willed people like Kanaan would act up if he wasn't around.

Maybe he didn't want to risk hs ground troops going rogue. He might also be the only person he had with the ATA gene and thus the only person who could fly the jumper in. Which was a crucial part of his plan.
                                sigpic
                                Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                                X