No announcement yet.

Why was Michael even on Atlantis?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See, I was assuming he was just crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a happy meal...WACKO!

He seemed to have slipped over the edge from cold calculating villain to total nut job after we blew all his toys up.
    sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      That's not the point. Smart evil villains don't forcefully put themselves at risk of dying when they can avoid it, unless they've made it a point to be one of those evil villains that love danger and want to personally take part in every battle.
      Michael is not a smart evil villain, he's a smart insane villain. I completely understand him wanting to be part of the attack force, if only because death would be the outcome of a failure anyway. Remember why he became such a dangerous bad guy: Because, to begin with, both human and wraith tried to kill him. That's the reason why he does what he does. Between waiting for death to catch him and taking risks in hope to avoid it, he chose the latter, in a very wraith-like "no retreat in the face of battle" fashion.
      My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
      Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
      sigpic

Comment

Maybe he's the only one of the hybrids with the ATA gene, so he had to go to pilot the jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
          Michael is not a smart evil villain, he's a smart insane villain. I completely understand him wanting to be part of the attack force, if only because death would be the outcome of a failure anyway. Remember why he became such a dangerous bad guy: Because, to begin with, both human and wraith tried to kill him. That's the reason why he does what he does. Between waiting for death to catch him and taking risks in hope to avoid it, he chose the latter, in a very wraith-like "no retreat in the face of battle" fashion.
          I see what you mean. But smart insane villains are still, you know, smart.

And failure would mean he could come back another day to try to kidnap Torren again, instead of instant death.

Comment

I see what you mean. But smart insane villains are still, you know, smart.
            And failure would mean he could come back another day to try to kidnap Torren again, instead of instant death.
            I don't think he reasons that way. Also each with passing day, chances increase he'll be killed either by humans or by wraith. I really think he was desperate, especially after being so close to success in "Search & Rescue". I think he saw this attack as his last chance.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

What kind of leader of a major evil organizations goes on strike missions that directly engage an entire city of combatants?!

I mean, sure, Sam did once or twice, but at least she was "expendable" (let's face it, if she'd died from a slipping on a banana peel, at least Earth could've send someone else).

Why was Michael even there? What, "If you want something done properly, you have to do it yourself"? I mean, what did Michael do on the city that none of his minions could do (because, really, if you can't get your minions to follow basic instructions, your minions are pretty bad).

He could've just communicated to them through the gate (keeping a wormhole open, preventing Atlantis the convenient overriding of the gate shield.

And no villain with any self-respect would fight the Main Hero atop a tower or whatever. That's just asking to die.

Let's hope he at least had the decency to clone himself.
              He was clearly there for Teyla. Desperate, unfulfilled love etc......
              Even after he got DNA from her baby he stayed to persuade her to go with him.
              Spoiler:
              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
              (YEAR 0 - 100)
              "O thou Sun,
              send me as far over the earth
              as is my pleasure and thine,
              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
              but never hear anything of bad ones,
              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Maybe Teyla. But I think he likes to do things personally, and there may have been the issue of keeping his troops under control. They are brainwashed, after all.

Comment

And no villain with any self-respect would fight the Main Hero atop a tower or whatever. That's just asking to die.

OMG, that was one of the most epic parts of the episode. This was a story arc started from Season 2 coming to an end. It was excellent how it was done. Teyla coming to help later not only made it better it made it almost perfect.
                  sigpic

Comment

What kind of leader of a major evil organizations goes on strike missions that directly engage an entire city of combatants?!

I mean, sure, Sam did once or twice, but at least she was "expendable" (let's face it, if she'd died from a slipping on a banana peel, at least Earth could've send someone else).

Why was Michael even there? What, "If you want something done properly, you have to do it yourself"? I mean, what did Michael do on the city that none of his minions could do (because, really, if you can't get your minions to follow basic instructions, your minions are pretty bad).

He could've just communicated to them through the gate (keeping a wormhole open, preventing Atlantis the convenient overriding of the gate shield.

Michael's gone insane. He's not rational. Also I think he and those hybrids were all that was left of his organizization: in The Seed Woolsey said that they dismantled it and Michael pretty much confirmed it when talking to Teyla. I think those hybrids escaped the destruction of his crusier with him and they were all that was left so they were the only ones that could invade Atlantis. Also Michael seems to be very hands on so he probably wanted to do it himself.

Comment

Yes, but unless Michael is the Ba'al of Atlantis and went and cloned himself (or his minions clone him themselves now that they're without a leader), he is not expendable like Sam.

With Michael gone, there will be no one to lead his minions, his plan will never see fruition. He's also an Evil Boss Character. Sam was just some hero type leader who was willing to die for the greater good.

Michael, not so much. He just wants his evil plan to come true and live to see it... and rule the galaxy. To, in that situation, forcibly put oneself in the path of danger? Not so smart.

This is why evil leaders have minions.
                      He has no minions. Those hybrids with him were his last remaning ones. The rest were reverted back by Keller and all of his mercanaries were disbanded. They said so in The Seed when briefing Woolsey. Michael and those hybrids with him were the last remaning members of his organization so there was no one else for him to send.

Comment

I think the most important reasons why Michael was there has allready been said:

1. Micheal is likely the only one of his minions with the ATA gene to pilot the jumper, given to him by his carson clone.

2. Michael most likely needs to be in the same solarsystem, given the finite range of the wraith mindlink, that lets him exert his brainwashing and level of control over his minions which he seeks to improve with Torrens DNA. So I don't reckon Michael will have a lot of minions left behind either.

3. His desire for revenge being so fierce that he would have it no other way than playing an instrumental role in the destruction of Atlantis and getting his hands on Teyla and Torren.

Comment

That's not the point. Smart evil villains don't forcefully put themselves at risk of dying when they can avoid it, unless they've made it a point to be one of those evil villains that love danger and want to personally take part in every battle.

He likes Teyla, yes. But enough to risk his life just to try to convince him to become his live-in nanny?

"The Nanny - Atlantis Edition"
                          I think that after his crusiers destruction he and those hybrids were all that was left as Atlantis dismantled his organization as stated in The Seed. They probably escaped together and being all that was left probably needed everyone they had for the assult

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                            Maybe he's the only one of the hybrids with the ATA gene, so he had to go to pilot the jumper.
                            That's actully a good point.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

This discussion brought up good and valid points for why Michael "had" to be there. Let's just hope he had the decency to clone himself. I mean, he has cloning technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                OMG, that was one of the most epic parts of the episode. This was a story arc started from Season 2 coming to an end. It was excellent how it was done. Teyla coming to help later not only made it better it made it almost perfect.
                                it was pathetic. But it was a great fun to watch stupid Michael during 514. It remembered me stupid Adria in AoT.
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X