This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Michael has always been a step ahead of Atlantis with using their own technology against them. He is no dummy.
    Was no dummy.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Was no dummy.
      LOL, thank you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Was no dummy.
        Flying is easy; Landing, thats hard.

Comment

Great episode. Michael has been one of my favorite bad guys in SGA and I thought this was a great ending for the character.

Loved seeing just how consumed by anger he was that he basically sabotaged his own plan trying to get revenge against Atlantis. And that as much as he hated Atlantis, Michael still had a small soft spot for Teyla because of her kindness just after he was experimented on.

Sheppard and McKay with the toy cars were fun, as were the Ronon and Woolsey scenes about mission reports. Loved seeing Banks' kickboxing and I thought the Ronon/Michael and Sheppard/Michael fights were well done.

And after everything he's personally put her through (multiple kidnappings, kidnapping and killing many of her people, and trying to kidnap her son) I was sooo happy to see Teyla be the one to take out Michael in the end. And I loved seeing how light-hearted she seemed in the last scene with Sheppard and McKay, knowing that Michael was gone for good.

Bit of an odd observation: While watching a rerun of SG-1's Nightwalkers earlier today, I noticed that the SGA banner ad they ran on the bottom of the screen had the season 4 cast picture with Carter instead of the season 5 one with Woolsey. Anyone know why SciFi hasn't updated this yet?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
            Great episode. Michael has been one of my favorite bad guys in SGA and I thought this was a great ending for the character.
            I totally agree about the end to his character. You get tired of the getting shot routine or the being blown up with your ship or just being blown up. This was different for Atlantis. It's like lets have a fight scene on the outside balacony of the city of Atlantis and have the bad guy fall to his death. Heck, it is a common death scene for the movies like say "Die Hard", but it really worked for Atlantis. Especially since Teyla was the one who ended his reign.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
              Interesting to note that Torren finally slept through the night after Michael died. Coincidence?
              Oooh, very good point. Perhaps he has super sensory capabilities of detecting wraith-like people. Maybe more than his mom.

Also, what happened to the off-world team? How did Michael get this information, were they captured?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                Oooh, very good point. Perhaps he has super sensory capabilities of detecting wraith-like people. Maybe more than his mom.

Also, what happened to the off-world team? How did Michael get this information, were they captured?
                I know I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight. Knowing SGA is being cancelled yet can still produce eps like this. DAMN YOU MGM TO HELL!
                sigpic

Comment

You know they can always carry this writing to SGU
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

The Wraith-sense will be with you, always...

Comment

Am I the only one that didn't like the way Michael was killed? Or more specifically, the manner in which Teyla killed him?

Don't get me wrong, Teyla killing him was poetic justice and needed to happen for the sake of the story. But to simply brush his hands off the ledge seems...unworthy of their relationship and history.

If there was some sort of symbolism that TPTB meant to portray, I see it but I don't think it's necessarily the correct sort. Brushing something away with ones foot is usually reserved for garbage, trash, something unimportant and meaningless. Yes, Michael was at her mercy. Yes, she got in a few good punches before he fell off the ledge, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting something more epic.

The fight scenes were unequivacally phenomenal in this episode. Ronon and Michael, then Sheppard and Michael. And the CGI in the Sheppard/Michael fight was nicely done. But I would have liked some of that to be thrown Teyla's way. She's been proven to be an extraordinary fighter, and while I have no quibble with a more nurturing Teyla (she did have to take care of her child), I think I would have appreciated Michael's death more and Teyla role in it if that final fight had been her and Michael alone.

Maybe that's just me.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        You know they can always carry this writing to SGU
                        Except SGU is going to be staring a party girl, a high school quarterback and a guy named Psycho.
                        sigpic

Comment

Except SGU is going to be staring a party girl, a high school quarterback and a guy named Psycho.
                          Well the character bios for SGA changed from casting to Rising but we are getting off topic. I was happy to see Michael go. He was getting predictable and cliche.
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            Am I the only one that didn't like the way Michael was killed? Or more specifically, the manner in which Teyla killed him?

Don't get me wrong, Teyla killing him was poetic justice and needed to happen for the sake of the story. But to simply brush his hands off the ledge seems...unworthy of their relationship and history.

If there was some sort of symbolism that TPTB meant to portray, I see it but I don't think it's necessarily the correct sort. Brushing something away with ones foot is usually reserved for garbage, trash, something unimportant and meaningless. Yes, Michael was at her mercy. Yes, she got in a few good punches before he fell off the ledge, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting something more epic.

The fight scenes were unequivacally phenomenal in this episode. Ronon and Michael, then Sheppard and Michael. And the CGI in the Sheppard/Michael fight was nicely done. But I would have liked some of that to be thrown Teyla's way. She's been proven to be an extraordinary fighter, and while I have no quibble with a more nurturing Teyla (she did have to take care of her child), I think I would have appreciated Michael's death more and Teyla role in it if that final fight had been her and Michael alone.

Maybe that's just me.
                            Hmm well the scene was very well done. She did hesitate, but Michael killed so many people, and used her child, and turned the father of her baby into a Hybrid. When you look at Sheppard's face it is like Sheppard is almost saying, do it. Michael did deserve to die, but it is just so moral knowing Atlantis was the one who created him. So does the creator of the monster have the right to kill his own invention? Truly very deep.
                            sigpic

Comment

I know I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight. Knowing SGA is being cancelled yet can still produce eps like this. DAMN YOU MGM TO HELL!
                              I feel the same way about Firefly. I just saw the last episode of it and I can't get over the fact that that's it-with the exception of the movie Serenity.

Comment

I feel the same way about Firefly. I just saw the last episode of it and I cna't get over the fact that that's it-with the exception of the movie Serenity.
                                With this episode, I wanted to see Michael's story arc come to and end, and it be done in a very good way. I have to say I am very happy with the outcome and this was a good send off to this story arc and this enemy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X