No announcement yet.

Are the asgard Consciousness in the Asgard Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They never said they transferred their consciousness into the core in "Unending. And considering that in the rest of the episode no one talks to any of the Asgard in the core, I'd say they didn't. If you were stuck on that ship with only a 4 other people wouldn't you get bored of them and talk to the Asgard?

The Asgard wanted their species to die with dignity. It's doubtful that they would include being stuck in a computer as dying with dignity.
    sigpic

Comment

A 2 terrabyte external hard drive is the size of a book, so each mind would be aprox. 5 inches by 9 by 6, making 100000 which would be 42000 feet tall. if it was 15 feet tall, it would be in 2800 stacks, meaning 1260 feet long. make that square, and youve got 53 feet by 53 feet by 15 feet. Slightly larger than the asgaard core, but come on they are a hundred thousand years along. And, its big, but the first human computers were at least that large, and we arent taking compression into account, a consciousness would need to be in some sort of packet to keep its bits from being open to degradation. Also, the asgaard did all kinds of secret stuff to keep their race alive, im sure this would qualify, especially since we had the city of the ancients, with a lab for creating human bodies from scratch using nanytes.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyadamson View Post
        A 2 terrabyte external hard drive is the size of a book, so each mind would be aprox. 5 inches by 9 by 6, making 100000 which would be 42000 feet tall. if it was 15 feet tall, it would be in 2800 stacks, meaning 1260 feet long. make that square, and youve got 53 feet by 53 feet by 15 feet. Slightly larger than the asgaard core, but come on they are a hundred thousand years along. And, its big, but the first human computers were at least that large, and we arent taking compression into account, a consciousness would need to be in some sort of packet to keep its bits from being open to degradation. Also, the Asgard did all kinds of secret stuff to keep their race alive, im sure this would qualify, especially since we had the city of the ancients, with a lab for creating human bodies from scratch using nanytes.
        I totally agree, it was likely left un-discussed to allow them to be brought back in the future for the story or not if the story was to end (sigh...). I do believe there is a strong possibility that a backup of all their consciousness is in the core in the hope that one day the fifth race could bring them back to once again roam the stars.

I was always wondering why the Asgard didn't take replicator bodies or build bodies from scratch as you mentioned, wouldn't even need to be based on their original DNA... even a slightly more advanced human would do the trick. + they could reproduce all of a sudden... & maybe even ascend. For the ascension part tho, if the Asgard and Lantian's were such good friends, why don't the omnicious ascended beings help them? I know it's against their rules but you don't leave your friends to fight off an army of killer machines you created and left behind & then let them just blow themselves up... That's just mean from the ancients... (I'm only referring to the friendly Asgard's, Ida galaxy, Thor and cie)

Comment

Working...
        X