Todd very respectful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
    Obviously Todd hasn't watched 'Prototype'.

"Tell me where the Attero Device is or I will feed on you, Dick!"

Ahh...it Todd only knew how effectively he could use that name...

Now - totally changing the subject...but how would it be explained to Todd? I mean...how exactly would you go about doing that to someone who really doesn't totally grasp the concept of names anyway?

Spoiler:

Todd (to Woolsey): "I trust there are no hard feelings, Mr. Woolsey."

Woolsey: "Look...why don't you call me Richard."

Todd (confused): "Richard?"

Woolsey: "Yes. That is my first name, and after our little...misunderstanding...I thought it best that we drop the formalities..."

Sheppard (with a smirk): "Or you could just call him 'Dick'."

Todd (confused, again): "'Dick?' Which numbered name is this? Third, fourth? I've lost count..."

Sheppard: "It's what we call a nickname...it's short for 'Richard'."

Todd: "I am confused. A 'nickname'?"

Sheppard: "Yeah, it's like...instead of calling you 'Wraith', we called you...oh, I dunno...'Todd'."

Todd: "That makes no sense. 'Todd'. What does it mean?"

Sheppard: "I don't know - I guess it means...uh, you're tall and green."

Woolsey: "Actually, it means 'fox', or ...'cunning', from the Middle English 'todde'."

Todd and Sheppard:

Todd (points to Woolsey): "And you are a 'Dick' - what does that mean?"

Woolsey (indignant): "Well, if you must know, it means "ruler".

Sheppard: "Or, it's another name for..." (whispers in Todd's ear)

Todd (hikes a brow): "Indeeeed."

Woolsey: "That is quite enough, Col. Sheppard."

Todd: "And 'John', what does this name mean?"

Sheppard: "It means 'God Is Gracious'..."

Woolsey (piping up): "It's also another name for 'toilet'." (smiles smuggly)

Todd (frowning, looking at Woolsey): "So, you are named after the male reproductive organ, and..." (turns to Sheppard) "...you are named after a toilet?"

Sheppard (with an apologetic smirk): "Yeah, that's about it."

Todd: "Humans are weird."

das
    sigpic

Comment

You sure put a lot of work into that, you should put that in your signature. Very nice exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
        Ahh...it Todd only knew how effectively he could use that name...
        Now - totally changing the subject...but how would it be explained to Todd? I mean...how exactly would you go about doing that to someone who really doesn't totally grasp the concept of names anyway?
        Bwahaha, Das, your dialogues are always so hilarious! Poor Todd, humans are confusing, aren't they?

The only point is I think he understand the concept of first name and last name, because in Common Ground, he begins using "John Sheppard" after John calls himself "John" (before that, Todd only knew the "Sheppard" part). By the way, I love how Todd calls him "John Sheppard" whenever he has some very, very serious thing to say, and simply "Sheppard" otherwise. In "The Lost Tribe", he uses "Colonel Sheppard" to speak to him, perhaps to put more emphasis than a mere "Sheppard", but less proximity than "John Sheppard".

And when talking of someone, he usually simply uses the way other people call them. I noticed that in "The Queen", he says to Teyla at the end: "I've arranged for Colonel Sheppard, Ronon and Doctor McKay [...]", which echoes Teyla own formulation in "Spoils of War": "I saw them - Colonel Sheppard, Ronon, Doctor McKay".
        My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
        Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
          Bwahaha, Das, your dialogues are always so hilarious! Poor Todd, humans are confusing, aren't they?

The only point is I think he understand the concept of first name and last name, because in Common Ground, he begins using "John Sheppard" after John calls himself "John" (before that, Todd only knew the "Sheppard" part). By the way, I love how Todd calls him "John Sheppard" whenever he has some very, very serious thing to say, and simply "Sheppard" otherwise. In "The Lost Tribe", he uses "Colonel Sheppard" to speak to him, perhaps to put more emphasis than a mere "Sheppard", but less proximity than "John Sheppard".

And when talking of someone, he usually simply uses the way other people call them. I noticed that in "The Queen", he says to Teyla at the end: "I've arranged for Colonel Sheppard, Ronon and Doctor McKay [...]", which echoes Teyla own formulation in "Spoils of War": "I saw them - Colonel Sheppard, Ronon, Doctor McKay".
          Yes, Todd uses 'John Sheppard' when he gets personal, or serious - just in the same way we might call 'Bobby' ROBERT! when we're mad at him. When Todd says 'John Sheppard', he either really means business, or is trying to appeal to him on a personal level. Nice catch, LD.

And glad you liked my dialogue! They are fun to write!

das
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X