Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the new enemies a species of Wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They think the city should be rightfully theirs?

Hey, it's an idea.

Comment

Those bad guys reminded me of the Borg from star trek....

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
        I changed my mind. I think these new guys are what the Wraith will eventually become. They are going to have to adapt and change themselves because their food supply is dwindling and biting back.

so the Wraith are probably going to start taking either Atlantian, earth or replicator tech and using bits of it to make themselves into Cyborgs. It was the only way they could alter their bodies to get themselves off the human feeding.
        The Wraith can still eat regular food like us, but they chose not to do that. I don't know if they are really required to eat people, or maybe that they eat people because it gives them strength and a extended life that they don't get from regular food.

Comment

Originally posted by DaMulta View Post
          The Wraith can still eat regular food like us, but they chose not to do that. I don't know if they are really required to eat people, or maybe that they eat people because it gives them strength and a extended life that they don't get from regular food.
          The can still ingest regular food, yes, but it does not sustain them when they are adults (cf. "Instinct").

If they had a choice, even an unpleasant (for them) one, annihilating/poisoning humans wouldn't be such a threat to them.
          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DaMulta View Post
            As Laura Dove said, the Wraith are capable of eating regular food and drink like Human's and do so in childhood but when they become adults, it does not fulfil them. They have an overriding sense of hunger that eat's at them all the time.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Barca View Post
              And they would be attacking Atlantis, why?
              It is as PG15 said.

Besides some of the Ancients decendants have always been attacking Atlantis.
              1. The Asurans.
              2. The Genii
              3. The Tria crew

The city was lost to them and now they want it back
              Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

it's the furlings

Comment

The Furlings, lol.

What we know now:
                  they have "conventional looking" ships and fighters. Ie, not organic-look like the Wraith, so they are more "normal".
                  They use energy pulse weapons. Remember Ronon testing the handgun or Mckay hurt, no stunner in there, ouch.

They do use the same tactics of massive bolts of energy from their ships to bombard, small fighters, al?* darts.
                  They are also strong, remember the helluva shots they widstand before going down.
                  They look technological, remember that red thing on their heads, some kind of comm-union link between them.
                  They like "propaganda", their symbol is stamped everywhere on them.
                  ¿We will see them again? Maybe. Or maybe were created only for this episode.
                  In the end: They can potentionally be another annoying enemy, if they exist in "our" dimension too, time will tell.
                  Carson Beckett M. D.: How come I never make friends like that?
                  Dr. Rodney McKay: You need to get out more.
                  ...We're in another galaxy. How much more out can you get?

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                    As Laura Dove said, the Wraith are capable of eating regular food and drink like Human's and do so in childhood but when they become adults, it does not fulfil them. They have an overriding sense of hunger that eat's at them all the time.
                    Thus they will need to cybernetically enhance their bodies to move away from that in order to survive.

At least I hope so!!
                    It feels good to be alive.
                    Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

It would be cool to see them again; alot of the "throw away" races seem to have a lot of potential (Reol, Reetoo (sp?), Foothold aliens all come to mind), but until some writer decides to bring them back (like the robot SG-1 duplicates), they are forgotten.

IF they use them again, I hope they are as original as possible: if they are cyborgs, then don't have them try to 'assimilate' or 'upgrade' everyone they meet; maybe stray away from the traditional SG badguy scheme and just have these guys, no 'more human' guys (System Lord, Wraith officer) that will actually be the guy in charge (yes, I know it will be hard to find big hulking guys to play the part); don't have them be someone's 'mistake', someone above listed all the 'mistakes' we've had seen in SG; and please give us at least one 'Face' enemy, it took forever for the Wraith to get their 'face' (Todd ), the Goa'uld had tons of them, the Genni, the Assurans and even the Replicators had them: Give us a guy to hate (or love/hate).

By the way, thinking of my above comment, about the Asgard possibly becomeing the hulking guys; remember the ep were the Asgard had found an earlier version of their species? Anyone remember what that guy looked like?

I'm just thinking outloud now.....

Comment

The Asgards appeared more humanish. Humanoid isn't really a right description cause they were always humanoid.

These guys have culture. Just from the logo they have a flag etc. So it is unlikely they are someone's recent mistake.

Have we ever seen the Asgard flag? are they simillar.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Well, the Assurans and the Wraith aren't recent mistakes either; these guys could be the Ancients FIRST project, which would make them several thousand years old.

And that logo could just be a brand name/symbol, like the one on your computer "Now available from the Warrior Superstore: The Berserker MDK! Want to break your enemies will, terrify prisoners and conquer your home system? Then Berserker MDK is YOUR answer! Bio-enhanced physique, cyber control brainlock, and extensive combot training makes each unit a walking engine of death! Add to that training on Marauder class fighters and Dreadnaught battleships and you get a fighting force to conquer ANY galaxy.

find your local WS in the Pegasas galaxy red pages, under munitions dealers!"

Comment

Hmm, the aliens look like Cardassians (STS9) on steroids with a smattering of Borg tossed in (that blinking red thing on their head)...

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
                              Well, the Assurans and the Wraith aren't recent mistakes either; these guys could be the Ancients FIRST project, which would make them several thousand years old.

And that logo could just be a brand name/symbol, like the one on your computer "Now available from the Warrior Superstore: The Berserker MDK! Want to break your enemies will, terrify prisoners and conquer your home system? Then Berserker MDK is YOUR answer! Bio-enhanced physique, cyber control brainlock, and extensive combot training makes each unit a walking engine of death! Add to that training on Marauder class fighters and Dreadnaught battleships and you get a fighting force to conquer ANY galaxy.

find your local WS in the Pegasas galaxy red pages, under munitions dealers!"
                              Haha nice one and also like the Marauder name for the fighters, going to have to remember that one

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Althought I like this Idea, I would rather them be a separate entity to both the Ancients/Humans and the Wrath.

They did look rather, wraith. But like you said have a very different looking Technology. Personally I like to think of them as a new species which came in possibly from another galaxy, taking advantage of the void left by the weaken Wraith. Also a possible foreshadowing to their emergence latter in the series.

I don't see why every new alien has be some kind of Ancient mistake. Its very possible that they evolved on their own just like Humans and Goa'uld.
                                sigpic
                                Banner Made By Me for Me
                                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X