Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the new enemies a species of Wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I had a theory today, and it's similar to some of yours: Seeing that the Mid season Finale will be called "The Lost Tribe/First Contact", it would appear that we discover a lost group of somthing. (Probably not Furling; don't get your hopes up). So, this group can be either lost Ancients, a lost group of their decendants from the Peg., or a lost offshoot of humanity.

Yes, I know, these guys look nothing like humans. But, as we have seen, the usual way things work in the SG-verse is that you have a leader species (Goa'uld, Ori priest, Wraith officers, Trust Member), and then you have their shock troops (Jaffa, Crusaders, Wraith Drone, MIB style intel guys). So, after meeting "the new guys", they are going to have a big shocking reveal as one of those big grey guys walks in!

I mean, those guys didnt seem like the Starfaring culture type (although neither do Klingons, so go figure...).

Thougts?

Comment

Thanks for the posts guys.

Originally posted by hipporyoko View Post
      My guess about the new bad guys, they seem wraith like, the teeth anyway. Micheal was probably successful in creating whatever he was making they, took over and evolved. It's AU lazy writing crap so who cares...
      They seem like something Michael can cook up but I doubt Michael can make them exactly. I mean how can he make them including the logo.

Originally posted by tricky View Post
      Well, I had a theory today, and it's similar to some of yours: Seeing that the Mid season Finale will be called "The Lost Tribe/First Contact", it would appear that we discover a lost group of somthing. (Probably not Furling; don't get your hopes up). So, this group can be either lost Ancients, a lost group of their decendants from the Peg., or a lost offshoot of humanity.

Yes, I know, these guys look nothing like humans. But, as we have seen, the usual way things work in the SG-verse is that you have a leader species (Goa'uld, Ori priest, Wraith officers, Trust Member), and then you have their shock troops (Jaffa, Crusaders, Wraith Drone, MIB style intel guys). So, after meeting "the new guys", they are going to have a big shocking reveal as one of those big grey guys walks in!

I mean, those guys didnt seem like the Starfaring culture type (although neither do Klingons, so go figure...).

Thougts?
      Agreed, the Stagate enemies are always divided up to social classes: warriors, slaves, leaders or something in that area.

I wonder what the other classes will be like?

New theory: what if when the Wraith was only starting out the Ancients decided we should enslave the Wraith? so they capture a hive and modify the Wraith. The implants are actually control implants to keep the guy in check= these guys. The leaders of these new race are actually descendants of the Ancients

It is like:
      Humans = Wraith
      Jaffa = New Guys
      Last edited by YutheGreat; 03 August 2008, 04:58 PM.
      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
        I was thinking are they an offshoot race of the Wraith.

In my view, they applied the same battle tactics.
        Darts that goes on suicide runs.
        The one that attacked Ronnon was like a drone wasn't he.

Think about it. The Wraith are like vampires and these guys seem like frankenstines to me don't you agree?

The Wraith choose to pursue organic technologies while these guys pursued advance tech.

or

after the war with the ancients these guys didn't hybernate rather they choose to advance in technology. hence the implants,

what do you think?
        They could be maybe a Wraith hybrid experiment or possibly Asuran as AU Shep mentioned Replicators. They also could be a form of cybernetic lifeform.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Thougts?
          Spoilers for Lost Tribe/First Contact:
          Spoiler:
          I have heard some spoilers that say an Asgard is going to appear in the mid-season two parter so perhap's it's a lost tribe of Asgard in the first part while we encounter a new race in First Contact.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Here another thought - my others were posted under a different topic - what if these new baddies are a result of a Replicator / Iratus insect merging? I sort of mentioned a Wraith Replicator hybrid already, but I was referring to the sort of Hybrid we see with Doctor Weir.

However, what if the Iratus insect somehow merged with a replicator unit itself or attached itself to a Replicator ancient clone? Maybe these guys are the resulting offspring.

In any case, hope we see more of them. For some reason I like them a lot better than I like the regular Wraith.
            Last edited by dschnell; 04 August 2008, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I think the KEY to this new species was their logo on their warriors and on their battleship. The Wraith did not have a logo representing their race. This is a guess here but when a species has their logo on everything, they WANT to be known. Otherwise they would hide their logo and their actions/ambitions. I think this new species/race is more than just the frakensteins like creatures we have seen.

Comment

I think they are a totally seperate race from anything we've seen yet.
                It feels good to be alive.
                Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I just had another idea, based on Prior's spoiler (now begins my attempt to not spoil)!

Ok, he mentioned a race that will be appearing in the finale. Thinking of the vicious nature of the aliens in this episode (firing all weapons at Atlantis, launching kamakazi fighters, the way they went for fighting without any type of discussions, the super grenade they used at the end, and the general growling, almost primative way they acted), one word came to mind:

Berserker!

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                    Spoilers for Lost Tribe/First Contact:
                    Spoiler:
                    I have heard some spoilers that say an Asgard is going to appear in the mid-season two parter so perhap's it's a lost tribe of Asgard in the first part while we encounter a new race in First Contact.
                    I had a new thought.

Humans + Iratus = Wraith
                    Asgard + Iratus = logo guys

Somebody mentioned that the ships and tech were simillar to Asuran or Asgard design. I agree. I haven't seen a ship as pristine as that since I saw the O'neill for the first time.

Maybe they are a lost tribe of Asgard that seperated from the main branch and followed the Ancients to Pegasus. Possibly to enlist the Ancients assistance in solving the cloning problem. They manage to evolve and transform into those guys.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by dschnell View Post
                      For some reason I like them a lot better than I like the regular Wraith.
                      Because they actually move around and hide behind cover during a firefight instead of standing right in front of bullets like the Wraith foot soldiers.

Man those foot soldiers are dumb. Who wears a helmet that covers your eyes?

Comment

I just had another idea, based on Prior's spoiler (now begins my attempt to not spoil)!

Ok, he mentioned a race that will be appearing in the finale. Thinking of the vicious nature of the aliens in this episode (firing all weapons at Atlantis, launching kamakazi fighters, the way they went for fighting without any type of discussions, the super grenade they used at the end, and the general growling, almost primative way they acted), one word came to mind:

Berserker!
                        Not the finale but the mid season two parter but interesting name, I thought the same but only applied it to the alien soldiers themselves. We don't know yet but they didnt seem very intelligent which leads me to believe that perhaps they have a leadership caste among them which directs the "Berserkers" into action. But that's speculation mind you.

I had a new thought.

Humans + Iratus = Wraith
                        Asgard + Iratus = logo guys

Somebody mentioned that the ships and tech were simillar to Asuran or Asgard design. I agree. I haven't seen a ship as pristine as that since I saw the O'neill for the first time.

Maybe they are a lost tribe of Asgard that seperated from the main branch and followed the Ancients to Pegasus. Possibly to enlist the Ancients assistance in solving the cloning problem. They manage to evolve and transform into those guys.
                        From the spoilers I heard:
                        Spoiler:
                        The Asgard are present but seem to be separate compared to a new alien race that pops in. Some of the concept art shows an arm similar to an Anubis Kull warrior. So it's possible the Daedalus Variations aliens might not appear again this season.

Originally posted by Zamboni View Post
                        Man those foot soldiers are dumb. Who wears a helmet that covers your eyes?
                        It's better then the alternate, you seen their faces? Uglyyyyy. Also, it possible the masks carry a heads up display inside.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

the aliens soldiers definately had a "cybernetically puppeteered reanimated corpse" vibe.

i certainly hope that they are NOT the new race we see this season. having them appear in a one-off is just so great. that's what alternate dimensions are for: completely bizzarre stuff that defines explanation.

i think that, in that dimension, they are the ancients!

Comment

I changed my mind. I think these new guys are what the Wraith will eventually become. They are going to have to adapt and change themselves because their food supply is dwindling and biting back.

so the Wraith are probably going to start taking either Atlantian, earth or replicator tech and using bits of it to make themselves into Cyborgs. It was the only way they could alter their bodies to get themselves off the human feeding.
                            It feels good to be alive.
                            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Actually, I'm on the fence as to wether these guys will appear on the show again or not: Yeah they seem cool, and you can go in any number of directions with them, but then again, it's cool to have something like that happen once, especially with alternate realities.

For instance, in the SG-1 ep where the SG-1 teams from alternate realities kept showing up, I was really hopeing for an 'evil' SG-1 to show up (made up of Nazis, Human slaves of Ra, Goa'uld underlords in the service of Apothis, replicator/foothold alien/Trust operatives, etc.), or at least the "girl version" of SG-1 (Sam, Dr. Fraiser, Daniel's girlfriend that hosted Osiris, and one of the cute female Jaffa). Sure, you probably would never have seen these people again, but it does make everything feel more "alternate" in your reality.

Here's a funny thought: those big, hulking mostly similar guys with alot of weapon tech from this episode: They are that Universe's Asgard! They just went "the other way" with their clone tech. (remember, Daniel said that the reason for the Asgard's problem was supposedly one mistake)

Comment

The leaders of these new race are actually descendants of the Ancients
                                And they would be attacking Atlantis, why?

Comment

Working...
                                X