This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daestwen View Post
    Great episode. Not quite enough details to satisfy the nerd in me, but I really enjoyed it none-the-less.
    My thoughts exactly. Good episode. I wish though they could publish a sort of "official episode guide" which could explain things which they don't have time for or just don't fit in to the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Candy88 View Post
      My thoughts exactly. Good episode. I wish though they could publish a sort of "official episode guide" which could explain things which they don't have time for or just don't fit in to the episode.
      Now that would be a wonderful idea! I would love to learn about all these things that would spoil the action in the show, but which we fans are curious about.
      My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
      Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
        Now that would be a wonderful idea! I would love to learn about all these things that would spoil the action in the show, but which we fans are curious about.

Comment

Well I finally got bothered enough to watch this one and I am so glad I did. Loved it, loved the idea, actually the build up to what was happening was one of the best executed moments I have seen in SGA since season one. I really was bugging to know what was going on!

I think it was clever in parts and one of those eps where every team member was given something to do or say that actually mattered, there was no sense of 'fill' in this ep with the dialogue.

McKay got a thank you from someone at last, wow I only had to wait 5 season to hear it.

The only down side was the almost add-on feel to Teyla's new found tech-head. I mean really? Bit of a stretch there I think. Bit too much for me to believe in such a short space of time. If they had of said for months, nah years now, Teyla had been "learning" then I may have been open to it. I think they just realised they had nothing for Teyla to do in this ep so they tacked it on, or tptb realised with Sam gone they needed to have a gal who could operate the tech. You think maybe at one point Sam was meant to be in this ep? *shrugs*

Ronon didn't even annoy me here and John seemed as egocentric as Rodney has been portrayed in the past so that was a nice change. Honestly I was like wtf is Sheppard saying about himself!?! LOL! It was a little sickening actually. So that is how non-McKay fans feel?

Basically this was SGA at its best, this was so good it could have been in season one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
            Sometimes it's best not to.
            I'm completely at a loss as why that would be.
            I've never found ignorance to be bliss.

Comment

Boy, that's from a long time ago in the thread! Okay, here's the thing. The post that was not understood, and that this was a reference to was a slightly cryptic reference to adult material that should not be discussed on the forum. The initial post did not actually discuss anything, but any further clarification would have breeched forum rules. So we'd best be done with that...

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                I'm completely at a loss as why that would be.
                I've never found ignorance to be bliss.
                The post was intended to be facetious.

Comment

Before I saw GITM, I thought this was the best episode of the season thus far; it had action, a decent plot, and good banter. Okay, the science in the plot was...well, horrible, but if you let that go, it was actually pretty entertaining.

The episode's low point was probably the psudo-Frankenstein monsters; it felt like watching a B scfi movie for a while. A better way to go about may have been to have the Wraith sieging the city. Actually having them winning for once? The Wraith haven''t actually felt like a serious enemy since season 2; mainly because we win every battle we have with them.

I thought the Shepard and Shepard Mutual Admiration Society was great. I laughed for a good long while after that! I thought "That is so Shepard."

Aside from the science I had only one big complaint; where was Woolsey? To be clear, I'm not some giant fan that needs to see him all the time, but really, the entire team went missing and no one even mentioned it? I mean, he is the base commander. The only time they mentioned him was at the end, and even then he never actually showed up.

Comment

Yet another winner! If the writers keep putting out episodes like the last few have been they just may win back my interest completely. I'm actually feeling excited about watching again. This is cool!

The bad guys were really cool in this and they took me by surprise I did not expect them. For once it felt like our gang was up against a real enemy. The Wraith are finally starting to feel menacing again but for a long time they were kind of a joke. And the repilcators really didn't turn out to be much of a threat.

I of course enjoyed Rodney, but I always enjoy Rodney. Felt sorry for him when he got shot, but I did like the way Teyla was protecting him instantly. I love little team moments like that.

And of course I thought McKay was cute with the baby. I think that Rodney secretly really likes kids, but I think they scare him just a little.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this ep. I wasn't bored at all.

I'm also glad to see that they are not forcing the whole love triangle romance thing on in every episode. If they only show it once in ahwile, I might actually be able to ignore it.

Comment

I just saw 'The Daedalus Variations' and I enjoyed it greatly. Woolsey wasn't necessary for the episode, and thank God Keller wasn't forced into it somehow. Good use of all of the 'B team': Lorne, Zelenka, Chuck, even the wonderful Major Marks was mentioned! Special mention to Marks for making Teyla actually look competent! The look of shock on Rodney's face when she actually tuned off the power to that junction! AND she had no malice towards him for looking down on her, despite having 4 years of reasons to look down on her 'technical skill'. And the complete opposite of Teyla was Ronon. While hilariously ironic that he of all people couldn't fire the biggest gun he'd ever handled, it just makes him look stupid for not going to the training AND for resorting to hitting the console. Isn't he more technologically savy than Teyla, being Satedan and all? Then again... never mind. He's the big black thug. Ugh. Rodney didn't save the day in 45 mins, he saved the day in about 4 weeks thanks to his past self. Both Shep's decisions saved the day, the mutual love was great, BUT not asking who the heck the attacking aliens were was dumb! It very well MIGHT happen in our reality, and very likely will. Again: 5 seconds, Shep! Say what's going on!

Shep: "They're the @#!%$, and they were screwed over by the Ancients thousands of years ago. We don't know anything else about th...*" [ship jumps]

Interesting aliens, though the ship looks uninspiring. It reminds me of one from Trek, the Promellian battlecruiser from TNG: "Booby Trap". They're resistant in body and ship, resisting 3 Asgard beams which can take out a Hive ship and multiple shots from P90s and Ronon's gun. Their weapons seem plasma-like, not unlike the Asgard beams, perhaps explaining their ability to take down Atlantis' shields so quickly. Even multiple Wraith hive ships couldn't do that. Little blinky light in the forehead. The episode seemed like yet another 'There But For The Grace Of God', following the season 4 finale being in the same vein. Perhaps this new alien threat is what future Rodney and Lorne were discussing about a threat to the Milky Way? Anyway, just showing us the enemy in another reality takes away from first meeting them in our reality and it feels like cheating after the third or fourth time the plot device is used. Still, I enjoyed the episode for the interesting 'quantum leap' element, the b team, and Teyla FINALLY being useful!
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

My favorite episode of the season. Action, humor, and more problems piling up than the team can keep up with. I loved the ending, for both the action plot and character plot.

I like that Teyla is improving her skills and I don't have to see it in previous episodes to believe that it happened. The explaination that she took up the offer to learn about the ship and Ronon didn't is enough for me. And I can also buy that Ronon wouldn't know how to operate the computer systems. He may come from an advanced civilization but that doesn't mean he can operate a battleship. He knows weapons and tactics, not tech stuff. I can operate computers with a fair amount of competency but if someone dropped me on the bridge of a cruiser and said, "fire a missle" I doubt I would have the first idea of what to do.
                        Last edited by Aricosaur; 30 August 2008, 07:34 PM. Reason: used spoiler tag wrong, deleted possible spoiler
                        "What's your situation?"
                        "I'm hiding. What's yours?"

Comment

It looked more like 'point and shoot' to me.
                          I see what you mean, but it just made him look dumb.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                            dude....those bad guys were awesome!
                            100& agree this ep was cool would have like to stayed longer in the alternate realities and see what's happen

the attention to detail on those aliens was great
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

1. Liked the initial wierdness.

2. Was not expecting the dead alt!Team "They're us...and they failed".

3. Surprised Dex couldn't shoot straight with the railgun.

4. Aliens were solid - we needed some kind of threat but any serious development would have been a waste of time.

5. Sheppard flattering himself...why?

Overall very good - best ep of the season so far!
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Hi all

Hey there Matt G! Long time no see! Yep, agree with most of the above, best ep in Season so far. Loved the "Shep Love In" and the "Easy there Chewy" comment from Shep. Kinda guessed the EVA suits before it happened....but that's cool.

Overall looking forward to more of the same

S'n'T
                                "You know Jack, for an Irishman, you never were much of a talker."
                                Sara O' Neill's father;
                                COLD LAZARUS (Season 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X