Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A re-write of SG1's 'Scorched Earth,' by the very same writers, with the exact same results.

So, Brain Storm is next?

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
      As soon as Sheppard's hand came off, I knew it was a dream, because the powers that be do not have the balls to do permanent damage to any of their leads.

yea that's the only bad thing about sga
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

This was a convoluted, sorry mess that was not complicated - just badly written and executed. I have seen much more complex storylines both on the big and small screen, and I am sure everyone else has too. This episode showed me again what the biggest problem of SGA is - the writers. They have good story ideas but fail on all levels when it comes to execution. If I had been the writer of this story I would feel, very ashamed. IMHO I think SGA would have had much higher ratings and an actual future ahead if some of the writers had been sacked in season three. There are much more capable screen writers out there. They might be more expensive (or not) but then at least we wouldn't have to deal with episodes like "Remnants"
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Amazing episode. It felt like watching an episode of SG-1. I like those peisodes that make you think, in a way.

They also incorporated al ot of funny lines, like when Woolsey was trying to tell Vanessa that the balcony was his private place.
          sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode, the Sakari were great, it's a shame we'll probably never see them again

Comment

Wow, another episode getting a lot of postive feedback from most of the fans, that's two in a row! Hopefully next week's will be good as well. Anyway, I gave the ep a 9/10 because of it's clever writing. I would of given it a 10/10 if there was more participation from Ronon and Teyla.

Well at least the Anti-Keller faction cannot be too upset since Keller got a measly one minute of screentime.
              sigpic

Comment

I must say, I was actually highly impressed with this episode. Coming to the point we are now in (the end of Atlantis dawning), I thought most of the episodes would be dead ones, but not this one. I was quite impressed.

In regards to Shepard's hand (as it has been brought up). When I saw it had been 'removed' my initial thought was that Keller (with the help of some Ancient device), would manage to reattach it. The Koyla incident didn't really click until late, though Zelenka did. First he was appreciating Rodney, and then he kept nudging him to look at the code and what not.

The only thing that got me in this episode, is Woosley and the lift. He couldn't manage on his own, yet when that AI figure came along, who was just in his head, she could operate the lift? Something doesn't quite add up there.

Generally though, good episode. A nice new race (which we will never see again), followed by a nice backstory, and plenty of good / fun quotes.
                sigpic
                It's Probin' Time!

Comment

The episode was ruined for me in the first couple of minutes. John acting so totally unprofessionally and such a grotesque geeky characterization of scientists was just too much. I'm a geologist and I among my colleagues and coworkers there are some very enthusiastic people, but none act as geeky as this. Hello?

It didn't matter that the story was actually quite good, I just couldn't get over it. I think someone in the writing department needs professional help...

Comment

If I understud correctly, they were mainland of Atlantis-planet. So why John did not thinking how Genii were there? Genii did not have space ship and there was no gate.
                    Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      To Vala M,

If anyone calls this episode predictable I am going to scream my head off !
                      well, scream away.

about 19 minutes in i said 'it has to be a dream because the lines suck too much for it to be 'real'

about the time zelenka was complimenting rod, shep got his hand cut off and woolsey had a lady friend i knew it couldn't be real. too much coming out of the blue
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        well, scream away.

about 19 minutes in i said 'it has to be a dream because the lines suck too much for it to be 'real'

about the time zelenka was complimenting rod, shep got his hand cut off and woolsey had a lady friend i knew it couldn't be real. too much coming out of the blue
                        I can't I'm working now. Maybe later.
                        sigpic

Comment

Prodigal ws wonderful. dramatic and intriguing

this to me, was just muddled mess.

maybe if john had known that it wasn't real and 'fought' kolya to get kolya to admit it was fke or something like that. i can see woolsey getting fooled, but not someone with shep's experience. if shep spent the eps going 'this is not real, this is not real' that would have added some drama.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Finally This was good old Stargate to me, I didn't like many episodes in S5, but this one was ok. I was gonna give it 9/10 cause of some of the corny jokes, but when I realised that Zelenka wasn't there I went 'WTF?!' so it changed my mind;10/10
                            I hope the rest of the episodes will be at least this good
                            "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
                            ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
                            "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
                            ...George W. Bush

Comment

I was entertained and amused by Remnants. I also learned after getting spoiled with the Asgards not to log in here. I would have been PO'd if I had learned about Zelenka. That was the icing on the cake.

Being older, I have to give it up for Woolsey's idea of a hot woman. She is someone I would like to get to know better. And to the poster who wondered why she would go for him? Intelligent women aren't so shallow as you seem to be. Stargate is one series where the smart guys do get the girl. Yea!

Why Shephards illusion seemed obvious to us doesn't matter. It is the manifestation of HIS fears and like a dream, doesn't have to be accurate, just close. I did think this was an illusion, but caused by the flower the scientist found. That WOULD have been obvious.

I thought Xiao had a resemblence to Keiko O'Brien. Of course a little older.

Well, gotta go. The So. Cal. fire is on the hill a couple miles away. Might have to git!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                Prodigal ws wonderful. dramatic and intriguing

this to me, was just muddled mess.

maybe if john had known that it wasn't real and 'fought' kolya to get kolya to admit it was fke or something like that. i can see woolsey getting fooled, but not someone with shep's experience. if shep spent the eps going 'this is not real, this is not real' that would have added some drama.
                                I agree with you Skydiver. I too knew it was some kind of fake-out....whether it was a dream or hallucinations. Nothing made sense. Yeah....Sheppard should've figured it out when he saw Kolya back from the dead. I mean....Sheppard clearly shot him dead in Irresponsible.
                                sigpic
                                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                                X