Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What he hell was wrong with the Drone soldiers this episode?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The hero shield thwarts all enemies, you should know that by now. Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      2. Wraith looks down, picks up device, 'what's this?' *cave collapses* The device even has "C4" written on it.
      Why would they know what C4 means

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
        The Wraith know what explosives are, and indeed have been shown both to have a form of grenade and "self-destruct" weaponry to prevent their capture, but the fact remains that the Wraith have, most likely, never encountered any form of plastic explosive before the Atlantis Expedition arrived, as most civilizations in Pegasus are too primitive to produce such weapons and the Wraith, themselves, use far more advanced explosives. Given the small numbers involved with the Atlantis Expedition, their recentness of their arrival, and the rarity of survivors from C4 blasts, there is no reason to believe that the Wraith would have common knowledge that C4 is an explosive.
        true. I just figured since they're so advanced, that they'd comprehend (and/or gradually figure out) what C4 is. not to mention, explosive is written on the device.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        not to mention even if the wraith know about c4....chances are they wouldn't call it c4.
        Originally posted by The_DrRodneyMckay View Post
        so I was mistaken... sue me.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Last edited by naamiaiset; 20 October 2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_DrRodneyMckay View Post
          Well, it might be that I'm just smarter than the average, but I think it's pretty deductible since the word "Explosive" is written just below.
          Spoiler:

But aren't they supposed to be like super smart? (Maybe they don't get it because the first E is covered? who knows)

Besides, it is widely known that blinking lights mean explosion (self destruct if it is accompanied by beeping)

By the way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE how stupid Becket looks while shooting, it seems he's doing some exercise.
          Last edited by Gatz; 20 October 2008, 04:06 PM. Reason: Added a lighter picture

Comment

It's official. The Wraith aren't evolved from the Iratus bug, they are really evolved from:

Spoiler:

das
            sigpic

Comment

ok, what i dont understand is how the atlantis team can figure out blinking lights on any sort of device usually means its a explosive,

For example in the "defiant one" episode john used wriath nades that blinked to show that something was about to explode right, And vest on wriath warriors that blink and go BOOM. I just dont get how the wriath can not come to a conclusion that any sort of blinking lights on a small hand held device is not a explosive like come on, especially when they created device(vest, nades) that blink before they explode

Comment

Last time I checked, Wraith couldn't read English ...

Admittedly, the red flashing light might have been a warning, but the written word was no use to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  Has the parked car been freshly waxed, because that's just totally unfair if it has.

Come on.
                  Yes, but the Wraith also recently got a manicure.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Smart writers (and film makers) do not employ the hero shield stupidly. They'd have Carson taking cover and firing smartly, instead of just standing around in plain sight with all enemies incapable of hitting a brick wall within touching distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Callie View Post
                    Last time I checked, Wraith couldn't read English ...
                    Of course they can't, every time they take control of an earth ship or station they do it by randomly pushing buttons
                    Last edited by Gatz; 21 October 2008, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatz View Post
                      Of course they can't, every time they take control of an earth ship or station they do it by randomly pushing buttons
                      Perhaps not all wraith can read all English? "C4:... E... E... Exp..." *boom* Although, it's not like it would have made much difference if they'd tossed the thing and run for it.

Am I the only one who noticed the behavior of the mob around the gate once more of the wraith arrive? They look like they're all just standing around, chilling or something, like pale, creepy bushes, scattered about without any purpose like say, guarding the gate, or being ready to take action.

Comment

the size of that hole though, even if they realized it was a bomb they prob wouldn't have gotten out of the blast zone. they were in a mine for pitty's sake in order to eskape the blast they would have had to go twice as far because the mine walls contain and channel the blast
                        And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                          That isn't the only thing that "dumbed down" wraith even further. For instance...

2. Wraith looks down, picks up device, 'what's this?' *cave collapses* The device even has "C4" written on it.

And why are wraith still letting humans run amok on their ships? ...

Perhaps it's assumed the Wraiths have the same level of complex thought as the people who write these scripts...
                          sigpic
                          Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                          Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                            in all fairness theres no reason a wraith should recognize C4
                            likewise there's no reason a human should be able to hack into wraith systems

Comment

anyway this ain't the wraith soldiers' fault - they were under strict instructions by TPTB to shoot wide & not harm any human. they were just following orders

Comment

the way I felt about it it when watching it was that it was a ridiculous scene indeed, but it was also like in a shoot 'em up video game and that made it great visually which was probably the intention

when the scene was being set up I feared that carson would shoot from behind the console like 3 times without looking and boom score 3 hits magically neutralise the attackers so I'm already glad that it didn't turn out that way (he magically scored 3 hits while looking )
                                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X