Since When has Teyla had the ATA therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
    When Teyla and Ronan were teamed up together Teyla had a life signs detector. When did teyla get the Therapy?
    well see had in "BAMSR" in season 4

Comment

i would assume it just has to be activated and then anyone can use it
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Who...wha....you....REALLY?

Is this really a discussion?

Just because Tayla didn't have a whole episode devoted to her getting the gene therapy doesn't mean it's a plot hole or rewrite or whatever it means it's good tactics for the whole team to have the gene therapy. I always just assumed she had gotten it a long time ago
        "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
          I know. Retcon. The continuity director on this show needs to be sacked.
          They don't have one, methinks.

Comment

As usual, this is a case of people not paying attention to the show rather than a mistake in continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              As usual, this is a case of people not paying attention to the show rather than a mistake in continuity.
              How so? The whole point of the ATA gene in the first place was that those without the gene can't operate the technology, even if someone with the gene has already activated it. If gene-activated Ancient tech worked like that, then why is Sheppard the only one operating the Ancient control chair all the time? It is a mistake in continuity. They might as well have jsut given everyone the Ancient gene. That would have avoided the continuity error, while still achieving the same results. You can't go from "Ancient tech cannot be operated by those without the gene" to "Ancient tech can be operated by those without the gene, if someone with the gene activates it first." The entire purpose for the ATA gene goes out the window.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Since before this episode obviously, that or they modded the LSD detector. Seriously, do u need all the dots connected? Have some inductive logic plz.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                  How so? The whole point of the ATA gene in the first place was that those without the gene can't operate the technology, even if someone with the gene has already activated it. If gene-activated Ancient tech worked like that, then why is Sheppard the only one operating the Ancient control chair all the time? It is a mistake in continuity. They might as well have jsut given everyone the Ancient gene. That would have avoided the continuity error, while still achieving the same results. You can't go from "Ancient tech cannot be operated by those without the gene" to "Ancient tech can be operated by those without the gene, if someone with the gene activates it first." The entire purpose for the ATA gene goes out the window.
                  Some technology requires the gene to work, other technology only requires someone with the gene to have initialised it to work, I'm pretty sure this was established as early as the pilot.

Comment

Teyla is a mutant.

That explains everything.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Some technology requires the gene to work, other technology only requires someone with the gene to have initialised it to work, I'm pretty sure this was established as early as the pilot.
                      That's quite true. However, to my recollection it was pretty firmly established in the first season that both the jumpers and the LSDs fell into the first group, not the second.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                        Teyla is a mutant.

That explains everything.
                        HA. Props to you.

Also, people should stop snarking at other people being observant. They're allowed to be nitpicky if they want. And I don't see how this could be people paying attention to little details and not the show itself. How do you notice details if you're not paying attention to the show?

Comment

When an episode where something small like this happens and people go up in arms about it then it brings to mind the term "nit-picking".

I mean those one of those things where TPTB assume we just know that if she turns it on then she had the shot. I mean they're tons of things that happen during the course of the show that arent explained in detail because they are just so easily explained away.

Examples: Do we see them eat on every episode? If we dont see them eat during a long period of time do we assume they arent eating? If they eat do we ever need to see them go to the bathroom?
                          If someones hair changes do we need to see them getting it cut? If they are clean shaven do we wonder where they got the razor from to shave?

Its just pointless because all they had to do is say something along the lines of "Teyla had the shot now she can use the device" then would we have the argument?

It would be totally different if all of a sudden Todd was able to drive a jumper without anyone else in it. It would be different if was able to just walk thru a force field with no explanation. It would be different if McKay could all of a sudden fly like superman.. but Teyla using a piece of equipment that needs the gene to operate.. so minor its like.. are we really discussing it? LOL
                          sigpic
                          I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
                          "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
                          Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

Originally posted by airrick View Post
                            but Teyla using a piece of equipment that needs the gene to operate.. so minor its like.. are we really discussing it? LOL
                            We are discussing it, and you know why? We're discussing it for the same reason that if you're standing in the library and a book by "David, Peter" is in front of a book by "Abernale, Paul" you switch them. We're discussing it for the same reason that if a jug of milk is sitting in the ice cream freezer you take it back to its buddies in the milk section. We're discussing it for the same reason you put a size 18 dress that's in the size 8 section back where it belongs.

Why? Because it's wrong. ~.^

DragonLady
                            "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by wm_1987 View Post
                              From the Seige part 2, when the wraith got into Atlantis and Everett was talking to Sheppard

SHEPPARD: Well, we have this. (He reaches into his jacket, takes out a lifesigns detector and shows it to Everett, who looks at the many dots blinking on its screen.) It can't differentiate between Wraith and human but if we confine all base personnel to designated areas, the blips that show up out of bounds will be the likely targets.

EVERETT: Let me see that.

SHEPPARD (handing him the detector): Won't do you any good. You need the gene.

(Everett holds up the detector to show that it's still working.)

EVERETT: I got the gene therapy too.

I just think that the writers forget what needs the gene and what doesn't, or who does and doesn't have it.
                              think that happens alot. that happened to "My Hero" a British comedy I love, and the writers contradicted themselves when revealing a new power George Sunday aka Thermal Man () has.

Comment

Originally posted by airrick View Post
                                When an episode where something small like this happens and people go up in arms about it then it brings to mind the term "nit-picking".

I mean those one of those things where TPTB assume we just know that if she turns it on then she had the shot. I mean they're tons of things that happen during the course of the show that arent explained in detail because they are just so easily explained away.

Examples: Do we see them eat on every episode? If we dont see them eat during a long period of time do we assume they arent eating? If they eat do we ever need to see them go to the bathroom?
                                If someones hair changes do we need to see them getting it cut? If they are clean shaven do we wonder where they got the razor from to shave?

Its just pointless because all they had to do is say something along the lines of "Teyla had the shot now she can use the device" then would we have the argument?
                                This is a little different because Teyla's never been able to use Ancient technology before, and in five seasons you'd reckon that if she was ABLE to, she would have. You also would think that it wouldn't've taken them five years to get around to actually giving her the shot.

The only possible explanation is that the therapy's been improved and it's now successful in a higher percentage of people, which is something that I think is definitely worth mentioning on-screen. A little more important than shaving, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X