This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
    I can't help but notice TPTB is pulling a "Chakotay" (ST:VOY) , where a TV character looked a certain age at the start of the series but progressively looks younger as the series continues.
    Really? I think he looks older. Compare him to S1 and you'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Yay McCullough.
      I still maintain Alan McCullough is a god
      sigpic

Comment

I think I'll say that for once I'm agreeing with the anti-Keller crowd on this episode. I just found this episode to be an absolute bore. There was absolutely NOTHING new in this episode. Even Carson was bad in this episode, I forgot he was there half the time. All of the characterizations felt completely off in this episode with the exception of Woolsey. I kept on saying to myself "wait a minute, I don't think so and so should have said/done that" almost every other scene. Keller didn't even have any memorable dialogue.

The biggest thing that I have had a problem with Keller in recent episodes is her characterization. In the beginning of the season, I thought she was great. It seemed the writers were really trying to mature her as a character. Then after about the first half of the season the writers forget how to write for her and you had one episode where we had the more confident/smart Keller and int he next episode we reverted back to the early season four Keller. I had no problem with the whiney character because I figured that she would mature over time, and for a while I thought I was right. Now I'm beginning to think that the writers really have no clue what they're doing with the character, its just an excuse to have Jewel Staite on Atlantis. I think that the way the character is being written now is a major disservice to both the character and the actress, and that there is/was potential for Keller to be so much more than she is right now.

The guest actress wasn't even that great, and sometimes in an episode like this the guest actress will at least make it watchable but I really didn't care about the actress or the character. She got shot at the end and I just kind of shrugged and said "ok, yay, its over." There was nothing substantial at all about this episode, no good news of any character. At least they didn't kill Zalenka off, I was almost afraid they were going to for a moment there. Would have been like TNG's "Skin of Evil."

Can't even say that there were any good visual effects to save the episode. It was nice seeing the ancient communication device again, but why did they have to destroy it again? Would have been neat if they could have kept it and studied it. I just felt that this episode was good for nothing but referencing the beginning of SG-1 season 9, which everyone's probably seen anyway. Overall I rate it a 2 out of 10.

Thankfully I doownloaded last night's The Clone Wars episode and watched that right after and was far more entertained, so that sort of made up for it. Some awesome lightsaber action between Greivous and Kit Fisto and his apprentice.
        That is just my two cents.

Comment

Well, not so bad but I agree with some people who say that all actors seemed bored. Even Jewel and David. I hate how they threat Rodney this season. In one minute, he is a sweet, caring person and in another he doesn´t care. And how even writers keep putting lines into character´s mouths like "Keller, you deserve better"....come on. Rodney is a normal guy and they love each other. There is no point making McKay a lesser man than any other.
          Sheppard, the same, he has been watching most of the S5 to get McKay and Keller together, hoping they´ll end up together even in this timeline and then he says to Neeva "hard to believe". I thought that he is Rodney´s friend, best friend even. A friend doesn´t act like that. In one episode, they are risking life for each other and drinking a beer and in another Sheppard makes a cruel fun of McKay. I don´t know....

This Neeva person reminded me of Larrin and I think (and hope) she is dead. After she stabbed Radek, I was really worried. As most of my fellow Czech fans. It would suck if he got killed before the end of SGA. Fortunately, he wasn´t. I loved the Czech line in the end - it made sense, and was exactly something I was hoping for - an angry sentence, when nobody knows what he is saying but it fits

I like Keller and I love Rodney, and I am glad they continue in their relationship - I will have never enough of that. But I was a little disappointed that Rodney wasn´t worried enough (and why the hell did he go without the vest again? - did any of "genius" writers bother to explain that?).
          And, I think even Jewel has to be tired of her constant running in forests. 3/4 of her scenes in S5 were in forests. Come on, this woman is a doctor, make her do her job.

And, I agree, not enough team. There was a horrible lack of emotions here. I missed some determination in finding of Keller, or comfort for Rodney, assuring him that she will be OK, or even emotions from Rodney! The only concern was from Rodney, Sheppard and Woolsey in the beginning when Radek was stabbed.

What I like is the coalition thing and that people in Pegasus know about Atlantis. Here, I am sorry we won´t see more of that.

The scene with a Jumper flying over Atlantis was cool.

Season 4 sucked. Season 5 is more like "I don´t care". I am glad that Rodney got a girl and I am glad that we still have our Czech scientist but that´s all.
          I am kind of glad it ends - they seem to have their focus elsewhere -movies and SGU. It almost looks like they are trying to just write *something* til the end and so even the writing is bad. Shame.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I'll take any episode with Carson I can get. Although I have to admit this episode was incredibly weak.

I didn't even realize Teyla was in this episode until like half way through either. I think she had like 5 lines.

The use of the ancient device reminded me of SG-1 though, and how much better those episodes were.
            sigpic

Comment

Yep it's a sad state of affairs when the guest star has more lines than Teyla and Ronon put together
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                *huggles!!*

Yes, he is good to look at.

Yay McCullough.
                He wrote some great eps this season. He wrote "Deadalus Variations", "The Queen", and "Outsiders".
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                  Exactly. I used to like to read opinions about episodes on the forum, but now...
                  There were crappy episodes before, and people could criticize or defend them, but now its only bashing and high pithed whining that's piercing my eardrums.
                  This wasn't a top ten episode but was decent, I actually prefer this to the previous one, and I know some people think the other way round.

I'm really thinking about re-lurking myself on HateWorld.
                  This was not a bad ep, but it was not a top 10 on any of my list. The show was supposed to be renewed for a 6th season so this was not really the final season. The producers even had already set up a lot of stories for Season 6. But I think the last 2 eps will be epic. This episode was just a passing by, with nothing more than to entertain. It was fine for what it was. The season had a strong beginning, middle, and well now it needs a good end. So my hopes are still very high.

BTW, the last scene in this ep was really good. Felt like classic SGA with the Zelenka, Mckay, and Carson interaction.
                  Last edited by Briangate78; 13 December 2008, 04:56 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    He wrote some great eps this season. He wrote "Deadalus Variations", "The Queen", and "Outsiders".
                    What else has he written.....It seems to me he writes kinda teamy type eps and actually gives all of the team things to do to a certain extent...Can't he just write all the eps
                    sigpic

Comment

Joe posted 2 behind the scenes vids
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                        So is there an episode of SG1 (in this case the first episodes of S9) that hasn't been 're-done' in Atlantis?
                        sg1 was on for 10 years and 200+ eps, sga will come in with 5 years and 100....so yeah, there are PLENTY of SG1 stories that haven't been redone
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          What else has he written.....It seems to me he writes kinda teamy type eps and actually gives all of the team things to do to a certain extent...Can't he just write all the eps
                          ...and throw Brad Wright out on his arse...
                          Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                            ...and throw Brad Wright out on his arse...
                            Yep that works for me
                            sigpic

Comment

He wrote Tabula Rasa actually, which was his first episode, btw. He also wrote " The Kindred".
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                                I'll take any episode with Carson I can get. Although I have to admit this episode was incredibly weak.

I didn't even realize Teyla was in this episode until like half way through either. I think she had like 5 lines.
                                Yeah, same here. I want more powerful appearences from him. We didn't even get to see Teyla until 15-20 minutes in.

Isn't he also a new writer in s4? Because I liked (or were ok with) all of his eps.

Comment

Working...
                                X