Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's what living in America Atlantis does to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      I think for me this was the hardest bit to swallow. Radek is his friend and yes they're sarcastic with each other, but not when one of them is hurting or injured. I kept thinking to myself is this the same person from ToR that saved his friend when he accidently hurt him, or has told him how much he values his friendship when he's been seriously hurt? Yes it was supposed to be humorous I get that, but seriously his friend nearly died at the hands of his girlfriend' and he mocks him, mocks his condition? I just don't get it.
      Yeah, it really bothered me too. There are times when the writers have gone for humor, but it comes out as cruel or odd, and this was one of those times.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
        Rodney has the love bug simply put, Pegasus_SGA. When a guy loves a woman, all sense of loyalty and respect towards your fellow close colleague you may have, goes out the window.
        Glad i'm still single then.

Seriously though, it really pissed me off, poor Radek, he didn't get his comfort!! See as a whumper I think everyone should get some luff after they've been hurt. *sniff poor poor Radek*

ETA: I agree Mariel, I think it worked with Keller and Shep in S&R but this, it was just cruel and it felt like Rodney couldn't give a toss about his friend. So it definately fell flat for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
          Even if Neeva is better than Ronon, she's not in her own body. She's in Keller's body and seems very unlikely that Keller can outrun Ronon.
          Keller said she had weak ankles in one of the first episodes she was in

Comment

They were needle nose pliers.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I'm sure Radek will get his own back, like triggering an electric shock for Rodney. You know, the next time Rodney gets shocked, then you know it was Radek's doing.

Comment

Well, at least we saw the team. It was a nice episode. I don't mean that as a compliment. Just that it wasn't a bad one.

I can't understand why we needed again a story which focused on the Keller character. There are four other people who are more 'The Atlantis' for me.

Besides, the McKeller stuff - especially in the end - wasn't necessary IMO. Apparently Neeva and Sheppard can't see the chemistry between these two either.

I didn't like McKay's behaviour towards Zelenka. I know McKay isn't the most social person and can't express his emotions very well. But he isn't that cold either.

I liked that the body swap was an accident and not deliberate so we saw an uncertain Neeva.

I had the feeling Ronon was more suspicious towards Keller than McKay. Interesting...

I'm usually not a person who says 'we saw that already'. Of course in scifi most of the ideas have already been told. Nevertheless the story can be different and enjoyable. However this is the first time I have a problem with that. The whole body swap thing with the ancient device was too much like SG-1 for me. Maybe it's because I think they could tell so many unique stories with the Atlantis city/gene/another galaxy background.

I'm really looking forward to Vegas. Finally a
                Spoiler:
                Sheppard episode. It's about time. Even if it's just an AU.

Originally posted by i_adore_atlantis View Post
                What happened to my favorite show?

I loved the show to bits for the first 4 years and up to early season 5, but then it went downhill (IMO) so quickly and I can't understand why. These are mainly the same writers who gave us the wonderful seasons 1, 2, 3 and 4. How could they come up with... this?

*snip for length*

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                Oh where to start......

Dissapointed would be a word to describe this. I agree very much with i_adore_atlantis I don't know what's happened this season, but i'm not enjoying it. I'm having enormous difficulty with enjoying particularly the latter half of the season, whether it's the style or non uniformity, or the stories, or placement of characters i'm not sure. The premise of this ep was very much like the storyline in SG1 as mentioned by Rodney. Now I have no problems with writers taken a snippet of something that happened previously and buidling on it, but for me there really wasn't that much difference between this and the SG1 version. And that one wasn't great either.

*snip for length*
                My feelings/thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Geez people a few poor eps and the entire season is shot? Give me a break.
                Well, for me sadly there aren't just a few poor episodes. This season has outstanding episodes, but the bad ones are in the majority. TPTB focus on a character and a story arc (romance) I don't care for. And that happens at the expense of the things/characters I love SGA for.
                sigpic

Comment

I agree completely, this doesn't really seem like the same show.
                  sigpic

Comment

And the ancients certainly have their share of technology that doesn't work properly.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Now, don't get me wrong. (And I'm sure none of you will.) I love that Carson has appearences in Season Five of Atlantis. Especially given, his episodes are generally the only ones I watch or have the motivation to watch. Just seeing him back on screen with the team makes me and my toes incredibly happy.

So what's my problem? The use of this screentime.

Ordinarily, if Carson was back as a regular, I wouldn't have minded him having minor roles like in "Identity" spread out over the season. But things are different when you have an important character in only five episodes. Now, those five episodes can be spent on some pretty important issues surrounding the character and his relationships. I don't expect too much from season five, so I was at least expecting just one meatier character story.

Instead, his episodes are 'normal' episodes. I love "Outsiders" for the reason that it brought back the old S1-S3 feel despite being a shallow-ish episode. The three other episodes we've seen -- "Seed", "Whispers", and "Identity" -- were hardly substansial for me. The first and latest were "save Keller the plot device" episodes, and "Whispers" ... I'm not even going there. He's appearing in the finale, but then again, this is only appearing -- and being the finale, I doubt it will be his story.

Point is, he's not a regular anymore, but when he comes in on an episode, just for even one episode, for the love of god, please give him a character/relationship-centric that isn't just running through the woods or being called in when Keller is immobile.

You only have five episodes, writers. For one of them, give me something more.

Comment

I miss Carson

Comment

Meh.

Comment

Got to admit, Carson could have been any one of Keller's backup doctors and it wouldn't have made any difference to the story but its nice to see Carson nethertheless.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Now, don't get me wrong. (And I'm sure none of you will.) I love that Carson has appearences in Season Five of Atlantis. Especially given, his episodes are generally the only ones I watch or have the motivation to watch. Just seeing him back on screen with the team makes me and my toes incredibly happy.

So what's my problem? The use of this screentime.

Ordinarily, if Carson was back as a regular, I wouldn't have minded him having minor roles like in "Identity" spread out over the season. But things are different when you have an important character in only five episodes. Now, those five episodes can be spent on some pretty important issues surrounding the character and his relationships. I don't expect too much from season five, so I was at least expecting just one meatier character story.

Instead, his episodes are 'normal' episodes. I love "Outsiders" for the reason that it brought back the old S1-S3 feel despite being a shallow-ish episode. The three other episodes we've seen -- "Seed", "Whispers", and "Identity" -- were hardly substansial for me. The first and latest were "save Keller the plot device" episodes, and "Whispers" ... I'm not even going there. He's appearing in the finale, but then again, this is only appearing -- and being the finale, I doubt it will be his story.

Point is, he's not a regular anymore, but when he comes in on an episode, just for even one episode, for the love of god, please give him a character/relationship-centric that isn't just running through the woods or being called in when Keller is immobile.

You only have five episodes, writers. For one of them, give me something more.

I agree with you, but I think Carson was good in "The Seed". Whispers was a waste, and this ep, well the last scene was good, but the rest was not using Carson to his potential.

BTW, remember Kindred Part 2, that was an excellent Carson ep, imo. BTW, look who wrote the great Carson eps the past two seasons. I thought these two eps were the best for a recurring/guest starring Carson and truly brought out classic SGA with some good character interaction. So kudos to that writer.
                              sigpic

Comment

It doesn't even need to be sharp as long as you stab with sufficient force to break skin, and cause organ laceration.

Comment

Working...
                                X