I Throw Up My Hands in Defeat: The Triangle IS Poorly Written

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    Also, I'm a passionate debate. In debates, you enter with opinions or stances and prove or support them with evidence. I do this all the time and so can you.

It is, however, bad form to throw out "evidence" and then running and hiding when called upon it by saying "Let's just agree to disagree" and "You're just being silly because your favorite is losing".
    And don't forget to check out the 1000 page rule-book entitled, "How to Debate With Aplomb!" for the low, low price of 7 payments of $19.95!

On sale at supermarkets and drugstores everywhere! Now!

[/sarcasm]
    sigpic

Comment

Except the writers can change the canon if they like. It's their creation, not ours.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
        Except the writers can change the canon if they like. It's their creation, not ours.
        But if they're constantly doing that then what's the point?

There will never be any tension in any sort of situation because the writers can just change any character to suit the environment at will.

That's hardly what writing and writing well is about.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gebtkd View Post
          O.k I'm throwing this out there because I'm curious to know if anybody thinks the same. Does anyone think that maybe Keller enlisted Ronon's help to get Rodney out of his shell. Ronon seems to be the confident, he knew about Teyla & Kanan when John didn't. Could it be that Keller confided in Ronon during their sparring lessons about Rodney's declaration and that he is helping her. What do you think, I just don't buy the whole competition thing, either that, when Keller finds out what the two of them are doing, she might just dumb them both.
          He's helping Rodney out of his shell by giving Rodney anxiety and emotional scars by making him feel inadequate and that he has to compete for the love of the woman he loves against a close friend of his?

If this is the plan, then I'm prepared to declare Jennifer and Ronon idiots right here, right now.

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          Random stuff.
          Yes, it's all in Rodney's head. When Rodney told Jennifer he "had loved her for a very long time", she didn't smile fondly at all. She didn't go and view the clip of him saying it again in private at all. Additionally, hearing this, she didn't just go and tell him that she just doesn't feel the same at all, but instead strings him along "for the lulz".

Even if he doesn't remember saying it, he still has feelings for her. If she doesn't feel the same, then she should just tell him. If what you say is true, then I'm prepared to declare her cruel and sadistic right here, right now.

Originally posted by DrJenniferDex View Post
          So there's really no "in character" or "out of character" behavior. It's all "what the writer feels like". Established character traits aren't established at all. They're just what the writers felt like writing for the moment.

There is no continuity. Next week, we might return to an AU-version where Elizabeth is still in charge and it'll be the continuity we'll be following for the rest of the season.

Also, changing continuity is called ret-conning. And it is frowned upon. Especially if it occurs often.

Comment

Haha FAII...calm down...seriously it was cute now its kind of...well funny...continue
            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
              Haha FAII...calm down...seriously it was cute now its kind of...well funny...continue
              I am perfectly calm. I'm just accusing you of wrongdoing... in a calm manner. Now instead of trying to brush it off by joking, accusing me of a bunch of things or just pretending like you missed my posts, how about you reply to the post you claim to have replied to (<-- I'm perfectly calm, bold is emphasis, not anger)?

Comment

Excuse me? I have replied to you time and again...now...I am no longer in high school and I am done with this petty behavior (<---italicized is fanzy smanzy wiritng, not sarcasm)
                "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Excuse me? I have replied to you time and again...now...I am no longer in high school and I am done with this petty behavior (<---italicized is fanzy smanzy wiritng, not sarcasm)
                  Not those two specific posts. So you're saying you replied to me twice, thus you no longer want to reply to my posts and declare the discussion over with despite my last two posts bringing up points you have yet to address?

Comment

This is actually entertaining now that I am viewing it from the outside.

:: munches on popcorn :: Who wants some?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                      Not those two specific posts. So you're saying you replied to me twice, thus you no longer want to reply to my posts and declare the discussion over with despite my last two posts bringing up points you have yet to address?
                      Ok...seriously? I did...I stated my argument again and again...you don't want to hear it so Im done playing your game

Comment

Ok...seriously? I did...I stated my argument again and again...you don't want to hear it so Im done playing your game
                        Your arguments are faulty as I keep findings faults in them and addressing them. In every post, I dig up new stuff we have yet to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                          This is actually entertaining now that I am viewing it from the outside.

:: munches on popcorn :: Who wants some?
                          Oooo thank you

*nibbles popcorn and hums "I'm a Lumberjack and I'm ok..."

Comment

What have been OCC for McKay and Ronon so far?

As far the love confession..we don't know what else is on that tape and why Jenn was watching it over and over..yea I didn't like that either..but all we know is what McKay said not what Jenn may have said or what else McKay might have said..and I don't blame Jenn for not taking it serious..he was sick at the time, perhaps she is waiting for him to say something now that he is better..he asked her out to dinner...which I didn't see her saying yes to..so whether or not he remembers these things if his feelings where there before then McKay needs to man up and go ask her out
                            Sig made by DG. Thanks DG sigpic

Comment

Oooo thank you

*nibbles popcorn and hums "I'm a Lumberjack and I'm ok..."
                              :: passes the popcorn :: You want M&Ms too? They're peanut.

Another note about the poorly conceived triangle. Is this just because TPTB honestly can't write romantic relationships believably or are they actually making it this weird on purpose?

Is this a vicarious thrill thing?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                                :: passes the popcorn :: You want M&Ms too? They're peanut.

...hm....dark...or milk chocolate?

Comment

Working...
                                X