Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's fake. Actually "the lost tribe" refers to
    Spoiler:
    The travelers who found some ancient tech. Just kidding ^^ But seriously - just look at the ship - doesn't that one look like ancient design, kind of a bigger, darker puddle jumper? Welllll, the suits for the asgard would make sense since they lack of physical strength. But then again - why would they not be able to turn on the device themselves while having such a great technological advantage (passing shields and stuff)? Hack, they could build their own Attero Device!!!
    Another thing: What would be their plan after all? Do they suddenly have numerous ships and personal to do away with all the remaining wraith?!? Because you can't assume all wraith to enter hyperspace when they find out...
    One other thing: If they are Asgard - why not use beaming tech? I mean - they took the long way just to confuse the viewer? ^^
    Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Actionhank View Post
      It's fake. Actually "the lost tribe" refers to
      Spoiler:
      The travelers who found some ancient tech. Just kidding ^^ But seriously - just look at the ship - doesn't that one look like ancient design, kind of a bigger, darker puddle jumper? Welllll, the suits for the asgard would make sense since they lack of physical strength. But then again - why would they not be able to turn on the device themselves while having such a great technological advantage (passing shields and stuff)? Hack, they could build their own Attero Device!!!
      Another thing: What would be their plan after all? Do they suddenly have numerous ships and personal to do away with all the remaining wraith?!? Because you can't assume all wraith to enter hyperspace when they find out...
      One other thing: If they are Asgard - why not use beaming tech? I mean - they took the long way just to confuse the viewer? ^^
      Well, 10,000 years ago
      Spoiler:
      the Asgard
      might not have been so superior in their technology, maybe the beaming and so came lateron and
      Spoiler:
      maybe these suits kept them in stasis for all those years
      untill the device gave of a signal, maybe their bodies werent ready yet to live in our atmosphere just yet, because their bodies are more fragile and after stasis, this condition gets worse for a little while.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
        Well, 10,000 years ago
        Spoiler:
        the Asgard
        might not have been so superior in their technology, maybe the beaming and so came lateron and
        Spoiler:
        maybe these suits kept them in stasis for all those years
        untill the device gave of a signal, maybe their bodies werent ready yet to live in our atmosphere just yet, because their bodies are more fragile and after stasis, this condition gets worse for a little while.
        Spoiler:
        Who said anything about 10000 years? As far as I know the Asgard commited suicide (I still find that hard to believe anyway ) just some months or maybe one or two years prior to the event of this episode.
        Last edited by Actionhank; 28 September 2008, 05:05 PM.
        Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

Originally posted by Actionhank View Post
          Spoiler:
          Who said anything about 10000 years? As far as I know the Asgard commited suicide (I still find that hard to believe anyway ) just some months or maybe one or two years prior to the event of this episode.
          watch Sg-1's series finale. Anyway this is real the only thing is the audio was unfinished in the clip. Visuals were done but not the audio. Daniels reaction is believable considering the events of Unending. It's a shame it was leaked but it's real. A great twist IMO.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ark-of-continuum View Post
            What a twist! If the aired clip from "The Lost Tribe" was real, then it is some evil or... hmm lost population of the species well known as Dragsa. But if that clip was fake, it means producers done very LOST'ish thing. We already seen a many "fake" people in the coffin at LOST "real" teaser clips.

I am sure you noticed but spell Dragsa backwards....
            Spoiler:
            ASGARD
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 28 September 2008, 09:18 PM.
            Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
            End of line.

Comment

Uh guys Gateworld has just put up an entry saying Sci-Fi let the cat out of the bag. It's on the GW homepage.
              Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I think at this point it would be worse if it turned out to be a fake

Comment

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
                  Ok, so there is a preview going around for the next episode: The Lost Tribe. Within that episode, we are shown that this 'new' race is in fact:
                  Spoiler:
                  The Asgard
                  I don't want to believe that.

It just doesn't make sense. These guys are nothing like their 'counterparts'. They threatened to kill McKay and Jackson, they want to wipe out the Wraith (or strand them at least), and, upon Death, they don't mind blowing themselves up. It just doesn't shout
                  Spoiler:
                  Asgard
                  to me.

In addition, why would they wear suits in that build, if they are roughly half the size? They also carry hand weapons (which we've never seen these guys have any use for before). They're ships are more than capable of taking out Hive Ships, so their need to screw up hyper drive windows and stargates alike seems rather odd to me.

Anyone else think there is something dodgy about this?

PS: Has this 'preview' been confirmed?
                  Yes, even Skiffy has up a photo from it (they're so good at spoiling their own shows, sigh). Why would they wear those suits (the Asgard)? The writers probably watched DOCTOR WHO and thought, hey, if it works for the daleks, it can work for the asgard!

the screwing up the drives and blowing up the ships is much more practical than hunting down a ship at a time, espcially if they can go into hyperspace.

Comment

Working...
                  X