Discuss the "New" Race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    I'm sure Earth has some significance to it, I mean it's where Atlantis set off for Pegasus from and where the Ancients returned to after all.
    Right, so if it was so important, why just give up? Obviously the answer is TPTB at the time didn't want to continue a plot line with them, but they have to make something up or it just doesn't make sense - and I'm typically not one to worry about thing like that.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Well they have Janus' research base, maybe they found out about Earth there? It is hinted at during Foothold that they're from another galaxy, there's certainly room for the writers to make it make sense if they wanted to.
      that is definitely true...and in "Foothold" they obviously had quite advanced technology, though nothing like what was shown in this ep, as well as what looked like biological technology...which now kinda begs a question of a connection to Wraith tech...at least in my mind...
      Back to lurking...

Comment

I'm starting to think that this is actually a brand spakin new alien race and not some offshoot/remake of an SG-1/Atlantis race.

I don't think it's the foothold aliens because of 1. They seemed fine in a regular Atmosphere before and 2. The technology of the aliens in this episode seemed a bit too high for them.

As the SG-1 races such as the Water Aliens. Why would they be in Pegasus and why would they be hostile? What's their motive for wiping out the Wraith, it's not like their sharing living space.

For the Mist Aliens, why would they want to blow up Stargates? Doesn't it kill millions of their kind just to activate it?

Whoever they are, I just hope they are not not some Ancient Experiment gone wrong again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jack View Post
          Whoever they are, I just hope they are not not some Ancient Experiment gone wrong again.
          I wouldn't get your hopes up.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
            I'm sure TPTB could come up with something. It just seems weird they try to take over one backwater planet, fail, and then just go home and wait for this.
            if this is true, they probably found out about the ancient outpost, and when the first wave of foothold didn't return, they probably thought we were to advanced and knew how to use the outpost....i dunno, probably a crappy theory....then again i always approach my own theories with scepticism...
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              I wouldn't get your hopes up.
              MUST READ SPOILER!

Spoiler:
              A whole bunch of malformed Beatles clones bred by Loki riding around in a super-streamlined Yellow Submarine.

http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadil View Post
                if this is true, they probably found out about the ancient outpost, and when the first wave of foothold didn't return, they probably thought we were to advanced and knew how to use the outpost....i dunno, probably a crappy theory....then again i always approach my own theories with scepticism...
                Not a bad theory, expect some of the Foothold aliens were able to make it back home through the gate. Unless I'm misremembering.

Comment

here's a strange thought.....could the foothold aliens be an offset of the asgard? *uses jewish accent to put emphasis on the "h"* AHA!

that could explain a lot......but again, prolly a crappy theory.
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah i just checked on wiki, the gadmeer are not humanoid, so they are out of the running.
                    sigpic

Comment

From what I have read in interviews with the producers,

Spoiler:
                      Its the Asgard. It was writtern we would see them in one of these 2 episodes. My guess is its an offhsot of them before they began the scientific evolutionary process. This is just what has happened to them naturally over their natural evolution. Moreover, we don't know that unaltered Asgard can survive in our atmosphere.

Comment

if shanks said that daniel has a history with these...beings.....why has not anyon ethought of the time he spent in ascended form. when oma desala helped him ou tin season 5.

we know he remembered the thing about bra'tac and teal'cs son. being on that planet.

you never know.

Comment

Though I was a bit worried that this race would be a bit bland, judging by the spoilers, I was happily surprised that this was not the case. Though they are a race of few words and appear as a cold robotic species, they still have a personality about them delves deeper. Their first appearance shows this.

They don't screw around. They punch right through Atlantis shields. And to get inside the city, do they use a transporter? NO. They jump out of their ship and smash through the friggin roof. When confronted with a large security contingent. Meh, forget them, we'll just use our handy-dandy super elevator and smash right through the floor.

They are straight to the point as well. When dealing with Rodney and Mckay, they don't even attempt to negotiate, it's "Do what you want or I'll kill you." No messing around. In fact, everything about them screams 'We don't waste time.' They even have a ship that opens up hyperspace windows in the atmosphere, which no other race in Stargate has done so far as I can remember.

I really hope the two parter isn't the only time we'll see these guys.

Comment

Its just dangerous to open a wormhole in a planets atmosphere sometimes thats all.
                            Plus that was an Ancient ship. When the drive pods come out it was obvious. I can't wait til the 10th this episode was so awesome.

Comment

I don't understand why people think they are so advanced. If they were far more advanced then the Ancients as one person said. They wouldn't have to use this device to destroy the Wraith. The Ancients only lost cuz hundreds if not more hive ships just kept coming and coming. This race would know they aren't capable of this anymore and just go out and destroy them.

The suits are far inferior to those of the Kull Warriors. The warrior died in no time after his shield fell.

The ship was an Ancient transport ship or something OBVIOUSLY. The writers punched this home when the drive pods came out. It was not their own design.

Opening a hyperspace window in an atmosphere was never impossible just dangerous. Obviously (IMO) since its an Ancient ship it would be able to open a hyperspace window in an atmosphere safely.

I think Daniel knows how these people from when he was ascended. I don't think they are any race we have seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbloodpotter View Post
                                if shanks said that daniel has a history with these...beings.....why has not anyon ethought of the time he spent in ascended form. when oma desala helped him ou tin season 5.

we know he remembered the thing about bra'tac and teal'cs son. being on that planet.

you never know.
                                rarocks24 did mention it once on this thread already.
                                Last edited by Ancavge; 26 September 2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X